What's new

Rahul should retire, BJP likely to dominate for next 20 years: Ramachandra Guha

504636-rahul-gandhi-and-narendra-modi.jpg

Rahul should retire, BJP likely to dominate for next 20 years

Ramachandra Guha pulls back no punch attacking both BJP and Congress.

Prominent historian Ramachandra Guha, a well-known critic of the RSS and BJP, shocked a few people when he suggested Congress scion Rahul Gandhi ought to take a permanent hiatus from Indian politics. Guha also suggested that BJP would be the most powerful party in India for the next 20 years.

He compared the electoral strength of the BJP to the Congress of the 60s and 70s when Indian politics was dominated by one party. He toldEconomics Times: “Rahul Gandhi is an object of ridicule and contempt by people who would otherwise be attracted to a liberal Congress point of view… Rahul Gandhi should retire from politics, get married and start a family. That will be good for him. That will be good for India also.”

@Soumitra @Levina @ranjeet

Last edited:
With Modi/BJP in power continuously, I doubt India would stand to see another 20 years. It seems Modi is taking India on a straight collision course with two neighbouring nuclear powers.

With Modi/BJP in power continuously, I doubt India would stand to see another 20 years. It seems Modi is taking India on a straight collision course with two neighbouring nuclear powers.

True.India's days are numbered.So is Modi's.That was a startlingly profound insight , so crisp & laconic. You captured in 4 sentences what most Geo strategists & academics couldn't or wouldn't in a book or even two or even in their PhD dissertation.

Ye low ulta chor kotwal ko daante. unnecessary advise and opinion and concern

Another of your compatriots said Khalistan would be finished issue in "6 months (from now) tops" (though he never wagered anything on it lol - lame!).

So what is your exact time period for India's survival expectancy now? You can give a range, but try make it as narrow as possible. I am just interested and curious so I can have a glass of wine when it passes without fanfare (though I will probably be having one even if I forget about your prediction heh).

Men much more intelligent and wise than you were predicting India's break up within 10 - 20 years of independence (or sooner)...so words tinged with desperation today only make me chuckle.

Don't worry about the nuclear weapons too much....we have contingency plans with the US and Israel should it be needed for precise neutering. It just needs to be that big of an event for it to be put into play. Rest is standard political drama for most part. Take a chill pill.

Don't worry about the nuclear weapons too much....we have contingency plans with the US and Israel should it be needed for precise neutering. It just needs to be that big of an event for it to be put into play. Rest is standard political drama for most part. Take a chill pill.

:lol::rofl::omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom