What's new

RAFALE'S MINI ENCYLOPEDIA FOR IT'S FANBOYZ

Now u r THINKING Mr. Think Tank ;) :D
+ I think what sancho is trying to say that machines can't substitute HUMANS, no matter how advanced they get, that's why IAF doctrine calls for a second pilot to get better view of combat radius.
I agree, nothing can replace Humans but that doesn't mean UCAV are not developed. One has to understand majority of missions and role of these fighter planes in our doctrine. I would rather see for what role these planes are given primarily. As Sancho said, Super Sukhois and FGFA will be our air superiority fighters and Rafale may not require second pilot for majority of missions. Plus the human machine interface in Rafale is pretty good.

If I take example of Raptor, it has taken 1 vs 5 and 2 vs 8 easily against F-15 Eagle. It all depends on how advance your fighter is. You don't need a second pilot if technology in your plane gives you significant advantage over enemy aircrafts. If problems like EF had in Libya operation is considered, it can be taken care of by better, simple but precise targeting systems. I think IAF has considered these aspects too while selecting Rafale over other MMRCA contestants.

Agreed but in fighters like Raptor, the integrated system plays an important role and I think technology wise, Rafale in terms of system integration and sensor fusion, is not that far behind the F-22 plane.

The Raptor is designed to be an air superioty fighter. From what we know a twin cockpit fighter's utility goes beyond just training- for long range strike missions and to some extent airborne C&C. Look at the USN- they have twin seat F-18Fs as part of a standard strike package and the IN will empoly the MIG-29KUBs in a similar way. As such twin seats were not a priority for the F-22 but for MKIs and some Rafales and maybe the FGFA (depending on who you belive) who have long range strike missions as a core doctrine of theirs for the IAF.

But can IAF change orders in the final contract than originally stated in the tender?? I mean many people are just waiting to find flaws in this deal.

This is not a major issue and the costs should be minimal. I belive there was flexibilty in such single seat to twin seat ratios in the original tender.

Air&Cosmos 2337; Nov 30:

23720360.jpg

Fighter aircraft market share 2012-2021 according to Forecast International:

marketshare.jpg

Dassault will produce Rafale well beyond 2020:

raf0.jpg

- 114 Rafale delivered end 2012.
- Discussions are underway about tranche 5: number of aircraft; number of B, C, M; configuration (very likely F3-R with PDL NG, Meteor ...).

COURTESY:OLYBRIUS
THANK U FOR THE PICS MATE

WTF tranche 5 huh?????? dont know what plans have dassault in their minds

So what will it be sancho, more twin seaters in the final contract than currently speculated???

As I said, possibly 12 x single seat and 6 x twin seaters, although I wouldn't mind more twin seaters, since Rafale will takeover a credible part of the A2G role.

Agreed but in fighters like Raptor, the integrated system plays an important role and I think technology wise, Rafale in terms of system integration and sensor fusion, is not that far behind the F-22 plane.

That has less to do with the systems, but the fact that it was developed as an A2A fighter in first place, just like the Su 35 or Pak Fa and for A2A combats a single pilot is enough, but as soon as the pilot has to take over more roles, the workload will be much higher. Add long endurance, or pressure under war scenarios and you know why even many F35 operators asked for a twin seat version.

WTF tranche 5 huh?????? dont know what plans have dassault in their minds

Tranche 5 = F4 standard

Check post #1374:

Rafale News - Page 92

But can IAF change orders in the final contract than originally stated in the tender?? I mean many people are just waiting to find flaws in this deal.

Follow on order. And I don't think there is a fixed number in tender for single seater or twin. Tender as of we know consists only 126 with possibility of 64 on follow on.

Follow on order. And I don't think there is a fixed number in tender for single seater or twin. Tender as of we know consists only 126 with possibility of 64 on follow on.

Only fixed number were 18 per squad, but changing the numbers of single or twin seat versions is not a big deal.

OMG, Doc this is true???

U should SUE him, drag him to court for IP infringement :lol:
Apparently he will be sued for posting screenshots of magazine like Combat Aircraft :D

Welcome to My Blog
Starting with some hope for people to get info from my blog in their research and education. Kindly refrain from using photographs or text material without prior permission from the blog owner. Please refrain from getting personal and taking names or comparisons, in the comments section, and kindly stick to the issue and focus on the subject of debate and discussion.

:cheesy::rofl:

Dassault 'optimistic' on Rafale talks with India | Reuters

(Reuters) - Talks between French plane-maker Dassault Aviation (AVMD.PA) and India over a $15 billion Rafale fighter contract are continuing, Dassault's chief executive said, adding he was "relatively optimistic".

India selected the Rafale to enter exclusive negotiations for a potential 126-plane order in late January, beating the competing Eurofighter Typhoon (EAD.PA) (SIFI.MI) (BAES.L) and lifting hopes for a sale that would boost French pride and restore the luster of its aviation industry.

"We are deep in talks at the moment. It's a complicated country, the negotiations are tough, but there is a desire to wrap up on both sides," CEO Charles Edelstenne told a parliamentary hearing on Tuesday.

"I'm relatively optimistic."

Edelstenne also said that growing public speculation over a change at the top for subsidiary Thales (TCFP.PA) - which he described as an "eventual change in governance" - was having an impact on talks with clients and making them more difficult.

Dassault 'optimistic' on Rafale talks with India | Reuters

(Reuters) - Talks between French plane-maker Dassault Aviation (AVMD.PA) and India over a $15 billion Rafale fighter contract are continuing, Dassault's chief executive said, adding he was "relatively optimistic".

India selected the Rafale to enter exclusive negotiations for a potential 126-plane order in late January, beating the competing Eurofighter Typhoon (EAD.PA) (SIFI.MI) (BAES.L) and lifting hopes for a sale that would boost French pride and restore the luster of its aviation industry.

"We are deep in talks at the moment. It's a complicated country, the negotiations are tough, but there is a desire to wrap up on both sides," CEO Charles Edelstenne told a parliamentary hearing on Tuesday.

"I'm relatively optimistic."

Edelstenne also said that growing public speculation over a change at the top for subsidiary Thales (TCFP.PA) - which he described as an "eventual change in governance" - was having an impact on talks with clients and making them more difficult.

Interestingly he also said that Malaysia has close relations to India, with a hint to Rafale and their MMRCA competition.

Back
Top Bottom