What's new

Rafale deal: Modi's Parisian blunder

Modi is a realistic man. I think he do a good job in Rafale deal. He take away national pride and do what is more essentially needed for his country and see the real reality of India industries that is not capable of handling ToT.

I give a thumb up for Modi.

Modi is a realistic man. I think he do a good job in Rafale deal. He take away national pride and do what is more essentially needed for his country and see the real reality of India industries that is not capable of handling ToT.

True, the French never really wanted to give up ToT anyway. And even if they did, they wouldn't transfer their best tech, it would just be stuff that India could make on their own in the same time frame.

Modi made the right call. Otherwise the French would have ballooned the costs even furthur as time went on.

Let's be honest though, nobody wants to provide ToT to their customers. That's just common sense.

If France gave India all the ToT they wanted, then why would India need to buy French planes in the future?
Same goes for Sukhoi, Mig , McDonald Douglas, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Scnema and AVIC.

should of went for the Typhoon. they are desperate for a large deal.

BAE will also never agree ToT. Even they claimed is ToT. It just more of an assemble job. Making of avionics, Engine blade are withheld.

Let's be honest though, nobody wants to provide ToT to their customers. That's just common sense.

If France gave India all the ToT they wanted, then why would India need to buy French planes in the future?
Truth is author ajay shukla is known Lockheed pimp his article's only represent a particular line.
You can ask for any of defence experts like @MilSpec @Dillinger @SpArK

This isn't 'any' deal. This is the biggest fighter jet deal of all time. TOTs have been given for lesser deals.

should of went for the Typhoon. they are desperate for a large deal.
I prefer he Better opted for US then in my view EF is much more complicated project with many countries part of it.

Same goes for Sukhoi, Mig , McDonald Douglas, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Scnema and AVIC.

BAE will also never agree ToT. Even they claimed is ToT. It just more of an assemble job. Making of avionics, Engine blade are withheld.

maybe or maybe not. it wouldn't be the end of the world if BAE or whoever gave full ToT. the point is it would of gave way for more orders for the Typhoon around the world.

what's point of keeping the tech if you aren't going to be selling the aircraft in the future.??

This isn't 'any' deal. This is the biggest fighter jet deal of all time. TOTs have been given for lesser deals.
It is not anymore. 124 Rafales is something India could not afford - that much is certain.

Exactly. Modi see's the real sad state of our PSU's. These Congress idiots on this site don't have clue what the f-k they are talking about.

Even the Chinese are gleefully applauding. That shows how much the deal sucks.

It is not anymore. 124 Rafales is something India could not afford - that much is certain.

Of course we can't. When we are giving away 500,000 crores (10 B) to corporates over the next 3 years and an additional half a billion to build statue, we obviously can't buy 124 rafales. Now if the economy really grew as much as Modi says it is, maybe yes. But then again since they're fudged figures no money over there too.

maybe or maybe not. it wouldn't be the end of the world if BAE or whoever gave full ToT. the point is it would of gave way for more orders for the Typhoon around the world.

what's point of keeping the tech if you aren't going to be selling the aircraft in the future.??

Then US shall be selling F-22 products and secret since it such financial burden on US. Do you agree?

Even the Chinese are gleefully applauding. That shows how much the deal sucks.
Have we become lower in intelligence like the Pakistani's then?
Their constant barometer of a good or bad action is whether or not Indians are supporting it.

Take any action on its own merit.. 124 Rafales is not possible with our budget. It is equally important to arm the IAF for minimum capability. Therefore, instead of 6 squadrons initially planned, 3 will be acquired directly from France.

The remaining squadrons can be filled up by the technologically lower but far cheaper LCA in numbers which would be a bigger boost to our economy.

Back
Top Bottom