What's new

RAAD 2

0120DBDA-8709-47E5-9819-822BEFDC918A.jpeg

Maybe a stupid thought but can we put Raads on C130s? One under each wing and 4 under belly?....a formation of 3 C130s flying within Pakistani territory lauching 18 Raads simultaneously for a saturation attack on a key enemy target ~400km from international border!

Maybe a stupid thought but can we put Raads on C130s? One under each wing and 4 under belly?....a formation of 3 C130s flying within Pakistani territory lauching 18 Raads simultaneously for a saturation attack on a key enemy target ~400km from international border!
Why not babur alcm version

I dont really know the difference between Raad and babur....so whichever is better/suitable i guess could be considered.

Babur is ground attack version. designed to be launched from missile launchers, meanwhile Raad is air to ground version prepared for PAF.

Pardon, in case I missed your point; Since when is Ra'ad-II operational with the JF-17?
I was speculating. What I meant was the missile system RAAD 1 is operational and may have significant numbers already produced so having it integrated on JFT would make sense. Raad 2 which has been tested very recently may still take some time to reach maturity and production.

The integration of Ra'ad 1 onto the JF17 is fantastic news. Pakistans own storm shadow missile at a fraction of the price.

I guess, it indicates that PAF/PAC wanted to do the integration itself, versus do it within China. Mostly to gain the experience of weapons integration of a platform it understands with a view of extrapolating that experience into integration of weapons systems it does not understand eg the integration of Turkish weapons and systems onto the JF17 itself. There is a learning process with all of this.

Fianlly some good news on the JF17 front for weapons integration.

I wonder when we can see the integration of the H2/H4 series onto the platform?

( Can the H-4 be upgraded to be autonomous versus TV guided ? ) ?

Could we see the integration of the PAF/PN stock of Exocets onto the JF17? Granted, not as capable as the latest anti-ship weapons on the JF17 has, but you don't always need to fire the latest weapons at somebody to a) send a shot across the bows as a warning ... b) small vessels that may not have sophisticated defensive measures, eg corvettes etc?

It would be a shame to leave some weapons / missile stockpiles behind just because the host platforms are being retired and the weapons are still relevant, capable.

Last edited:
The integration of Ra'ad 1 onto the JF17 is fantastic news. Pakistans own storm shadow missile at a fraction of the price.

I guess, it indicates that PAF/PAC wanted to do the integration itself, versus do it within China. Mostly to gain the experience of weapons integration of a platform it understands with a view of extrapolating that experience into integration of weapons systems it does not understand eg the integration of Turkish weapons and systems onto the JF17 itself. There is a learning process with all of this.

Fianlly some good news on the JF17 front for weapons integration.

I wonder when we can see the integration of the H2/H4 series onto the platform?

( Can the H-4 be upgraded to be autonomous versus TV guided ? ) ?

Could we see the integration of the PAF/PN stock of Exocets onto the JF17? Granted, not as capable as the latest anti-ship weapons on the JF17 has, but you don't always need to fire the latest weapons at somebody to a) send a shot across the bows as a warning ... b) small vessels that may not have sophisticated defensive measures, eg corvettes etc?

It would be a shame to leave some weapons / missile stockpiles behind just because the host platforms are being retired and the weapons are still relevant, capable.
I think H-2/H-4 is a legacy weapon. The ideal course would be to replace it with the Raptor III (call it 'H-6') and use that from aboard the JF-17. The concept is similar as the H-2/H-4 -- i.e., very large warhead (600 kg) and ability to fly from stand-off ranges, except the range is much longer (280 km vs. 120 km of the H-4). The Raptor III is almost a hybrid of sorts of a gliding SOW (like H-2/H-4) and a cruise missile due to it having an air-breathing engine (and a good airframe design).

Back
Top Bottom