What's new

Quranic Archeology

Should the government be more proactive in this regard?

• Total voters

El Sidd

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Although religious discussions are not allowed but people still discuss religion in great lengths. So i am going to risk a new thread.

I would expect the members to remain civil. Nah thats just too much to ask but still no fatwas please.

Well until last 100 year or so we had tones of Islamic heritage sites but in last 20 years most of these buildings have been demolished under name of

a) Development
b) Wars

I mean you could literally find the name of Sahabi in Prophet's time and their home actual home where they have lived or a mosque dedicated to their name

The gradual erase of Turkish heritage buildings from Saudia is just one example in little bit modern eras last 500 years or so

Well until last 100 year or so we had tones of Islamic heritage sites but in last 20 years most of these buildings have been demolished under name of

a) Development
b) Wars

I mean you could literally find the name of Sahabi in Prophet's time and their home actual home where they have lived or a mosque dedicated to their name

The gradual erase of Turkish heritage buildings from Saudia is just one example in little bit modern eras last 500 years or so

I actually meant lost cities of Aad, Thamud and those people of the Well and the other Signs from Allah mentioned in the Quran.

I actually meant lost cities of Aad, Thamud and those people of the Well and the other Signs from Allah mentioned in the Quran.

Government should be proactive, but which one? Pakistan government has remained useless to fully discover Taxila, forget it sending teams to another country. Though all these discoveries would be great learning lessons.

Government should be proactive, but which one? Pakistan government has remained useless to fully discover Taxila, forget it sending teams to another country. Though all these discoveries would be great learning lessons.

Well you can just hope someone explains to the government how every kewl looking scandinavian country does it. and they will do it.

That doesn't fill their pockets.

why not?
there are people who are actually digging things out and selling them artifacts already.
i can get people here to buy those miracle sand moortis of Gandhara and IVC excavation. Atleast they can point to it and say how pure aryan they are

why not?
there are people who are actually digging things out and selling them artifacts already.
i can get people here to buy those miracle sand moortis of Gandhara and IVC excavation. Atleast they can point to it and say how pure aryan they are

That is world heritage, Pakistan doesn't posses the ability to further dig these sites and make discoveries, and (non Pakistani) people who are crazy about such discoveries won't let them sell anything.

That is world heritage, Pakistan doesn't posses the ability to further dig these sites and make discoveries, and (non Pakistani) people who are crazy about such discoveries won't let them sell anything.

what a failed business model i guess. logically this area is the cradle of civilization and the world will get a lot of knowledge of its past from these excavations.

i guess some other time since we are austerity measures and you need them buffaloes for the digging.

Well Taxila is one of the most elaborate and well looked after archeology sites in the country. Go have a look at what Makli looks like (though not archeology but heritage still) to have an idea. I would say that archeology sites in and around Taxila are the best ones to visit really.

what a failed business model i guess. logically this area is the cradle of civilization and the world will get a lot of knowledge of its past from these excavations.

Whatever has been discovered is still amazing, those sites have plenty to offer. Truly an example of secular society which coexisted together for may be centuries

i guess some other time since we are austerity measures and you need them buffaloes for the digging.

Before archaeology, the knowledge to understand the discoveries, is a prerequisite I guess.

Well Taxila is one of the most elaborate and well looked after archeology sites in the country. Go have a look at what Makli looks like (though not archeology but heritage still) to have an idea. I would say that archeology sites in and around Taxila are the best ones to visit really.

Taxila is not fully discovered, whatever we have is mostly British meharbani. There is still lot buried under the ground.

Whatever has been discovered is still amazing, those sites have plenty to offer. Truly an example of secular society which coexisted together for may be centuries

Before archaeology, the knowledge to understand the discoveries, is a prerequisite I guess.

yeah the government has a ministry which is inactive in this regard and only cares about revenues while ignoring the extent of damage the places have taken due to ill informed tourism.

yeah the government has a ministry which is inactive in this regard and only cares about revenues while ignoring the extent of damage the places have taken due to ill informed tourism.

Ministry of sports and culture, mayray walid sb. nay v nokri kiti ay iss ministry ich. Secretary sb. kay ghar ki istri (bv patni nai kapro wali istri) b ministry say he jati thi.

Back
Top Bottom