What's new

"Quotes that changed your life"

xebex

Reaction score
Hi yall. I dedicate this thread to all our members who are looking for inspiration and guidence in their life from words....pure words!. It can be quotes, proverbs or silly advise from ur granma;), all that matters is wether it can make a person stop for a moment and think. You can add details about the quote like the history,origin and circumstances etc. Post all the quotes and proverbs that influenced your life maybe it could influence other's life aswell.So my friends, Welcome to the world of Quotes.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

"ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"

-John F. Kennedy

(during his first and only inaugural address at 12:51 (ET) Friday, January 20, 1961,[1] immediately after taking the presidential oath of office administered by Chief Justice Earl Warren.)

Last edited:
"I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life."

-Mahatma Gandhi

"No nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you."

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

"failure is not an option"

-Gene Kranz, NASA

(Used by Gene Kranz when the Apollo 13 mission went wrong. NASA team managed to bring back the astronauts to earth and the mission was considered as one of the finest moments in NASA's history.Gene Kranz was the Flight director at mission control center, Houston. His this famous quote was later used in the 1995 hit movie "Apollo 13".)

Serious: I think therefore I am” – René Descartes

Funny: " I be Back" Arnold Schwarzenegger

“We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.”

“You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”

"Thinking is progress. Non-thinking is stagnation of the individual, organisation and the country. Thinking leads to action. Knowledge without action is useless and irrelevant. Knowledge with action, converts adversity into prosperity."

Quotes by Dr. A.P.J Abdul kalam

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

I want to know all Gods thoughts; all the rest are just details.

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.

Quotes by Albert Einstein

One in my signiture and one that i like from Jefferson

"Those who sacrifice liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor security" ~ Jefferson

"Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law."...Immanuel Kant

"Do well and you will have no need for ancestors."...Voltaire

And last but not least another by Voltaire

""I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?"
---------
Voltaire is a Genius in my book, him and Immanual Kant are one of my favourite. Followed by Jefferson and Thomas Paine

“Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.”

-Unknown

(if anybody know who quoted it, let me know)

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

-Mahatma Gandhi

"Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall."

-Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas

"I made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it short."

-Blaise Pascal

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."

-Confucius

"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift. that is why it is called the present"

-unknown

If you stand straight, do not fear a crooked shadow.

-Chinese Proverb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom