What's new

Questions to Indians

I remember something about blackhole of culcutta told by my professor.

Several hundred people were crammed into small space/prison (possibly without window) by Britishers and left to fend for themselves. Almost all the people died and reason could not be found out. Some people say decrease in CO2 or some say high humidity were the reasons for the death of such huge number of people.

I remember something about blackhole of culcutta told by my professor.

Several hundred people were crammed into small space/prison (possibly without window) by Britishers and left to fend for themselves. ...

It's the Nawab of Bengal who locked up British soldiers and civilians in Fort William. It led to the Battle of Plassey and the eventual expansion of Company raj.

Something like the Black Hole actually happened, but Holwell exaggerated, according to careful British analysts, and did a successful job of it, arousing public opinion in Britain, and inspiring Clive's handful of troops.

Siraj-ud-daula was careless (he was never a good administrator, anyway), and could have averted the tragedy. His subordinates were obviously callous and brutal, and couldn''t give a dam' about the unfortunate prisoners.

what do you think about Black Hole of Calcutta??

&

Who do you think was responsible for 1943 famine????

The answer to the second question is impossibly complex.

Back
Top Bottom