What's new

Question: Pakistan Army Mobilization

PakArmyFTW

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello there! I had 2 questions and hoped you guys could answer them. (1) First off, what exactly is mobilization in military terms? Is it basically getting your army to the front line, getting it ready, etc? What is it?

(2) And how fast can Pakistan mobilize its army?

Thanks!

Last edited:
1) Mobilization in military terms is the marshaling of the armed forces (including reserves) to respond to an external threat or a disaster. This means preparing your forces for a fight by relocating them to their active posts, providing supplies and other preparations. There are varying degrees of mobilization for various threats and situations.

2) 24 to 72 hours for a complete mobilization if I am not mistaken. (If I am then please correct me)

1) Mobilization in military terms is the marshaling of the armed forces (including reserves) to respond to an external threat or a disaster. This means preparing your forces for a fight by relocating them to their active posts, providing supplies and other preparations. There are varying degrees of mobilization for various threats and situations.

2) 24 to 72 hours for a complete mobilization if I am not mistaken. (If I am then please correct me)
Ah! Thank you.

Another question I forgot to add: How do you decrease mobilization time? Better command and control? Better communications? Better expressways to move troops?

Ah! Thank you.

Another question I forgot to add: How do you decrease mobilization time? Better command and control? Better communications? Better expressways to move troops?
As @Selous said, there are varying degrees.

Improving command and control, along with, say, getting more helicopters and transportation vehicles would be effective in improving partial mobilization (for natural disasters i.e floods, tsunamis, earthquakes) but for full or total mobilization (for responding to an invasion or military action) better logistics, railways, roads, supply lines etc are required.

This article is good for the basics - it's from a US military point of view, but the basics are similar for the Pakistan Army
Deployment and Mobilization: Overview | Military.com

Ah! Thank you.

To decrease mobilization time there are a variety of strategies that can be employed:
Better command and control.
Better communication.
Faster methods of transportation for the troops.
Bases closer to where the soldiers stay.
Better training.
Heavy equipment should be stored where it can be moved to the front quickly.
Soldiers should keep the basic equipment with them (such as rifles and some ammunition as practiced in Switzerland).
Soldiers should be motivated.
Forward Operating Bases should be close to the front.

As @Selous said, there are varying degrees.

Improving command and control, along with, say, getting more helicopters and transportation vehicles would be effective in improving partial mobilization (for natural disasters i.e floods, tsunamis, earthquakes) but for full or total mobilization (for responding to an invasion or military action) better logistics, railways, roads, supply lines etc are required.

This article is good for the basics - it's from a US military point of view, but the basics are similar for the Pakistan Army

To decrease mobilization time there are a variety of strategies that can be employed:
Better command and control.
Better communication.
Faster methods of transportation for the troops.
Bases closer to where the soldiers stay.
Better training.
Heavy equipment should be stored where it can be moved to the front quickly.
Soldiers should keep the basic equipment with them (such as rifles and some ammunition as practiced in Switzerland).
Soldiers should be motivated.
Forward Operating Bases should be close to the front.

Awesome. You two have been very helpful! Thanks guys.

Each solder has mobile and its call mobilezation .ab to bacha bacha moblize ho gya yaar:p::rofl: jab se china ke mobile ayee hai 2killo aata ke sath 2sim free hain na

Abut time signal full a rahy hoon to her wakt pakistani fauj or awam moblize nazer ati hain kiryany wala ho ya rikshow wala ya pheri wala .ap fauji ki baat kerty ho:partay:

Never mind:enjoy:

:D kia hua yaar aaj tau full patri say uter gaya :D bhai aaj full pk tight lug raha hai

It took india months (almost an year) to mobilize ... at the cost of almost 1000 soldiers and billions of dollars... during the 2003 show down,,

Last edited:
In the age of stand off weapons the mobilization time is not as relevant as it was before. The force can be projected at an invading enemy from a stand off range even during mobilization.

Back
Top Bottom