What's new

Qatar Rafale camo unveil ?

It's cheaper than it's main competitor which is the Eurofighter typhoon , the rest is cheaper but it outclass them all ( f16 , mig35 , gripen)

Well the Eurofighter is the shaddy exception... (Overpriced... an abyss of wasting money...)

As for Rafale... It's for me One of the Best fighter jet available today.
But it's not that cheap, either the price /pcs AND Mostly it's his Flight cost per hour who is Years ahead of the competition. An hour of Rafale is "Almost " Equal to an hour of a F-15 ( around 30K$)
And his Flight cost per hour is X2 more than those in the "same" category" ( the others around 7-15K$)

But in the End it's a great fighter, who can do his job well better than his competitors and it's beautiful :)

Last edited:
Well the Eurofighter is the shaddy exception... (Overpriced... an abyss of wasting money...)

But it's not that cheap, either the price /pcs AND Mostly it's his Flight cost per hour who is Years ahead of the competition. An hour of Rafale is "Almost " Equal to an hour of a F-15 ( around 30K$)
And his Flight cost per hour is X2 more than those in the "same" category" ( the others around 7-15K$)

But in the End it's a great fighter, who can do his job well better than his competitors and it's beautiful :)

I don't know if you didn't got what I have said , but i will write it again

It's expensive compared to what ? (Mention one that is better than the rafale )

Flight hour in rafale costs $16,500 your number is totally incorrect

I don't know if you didn't got what I have said , but i will write it again

It's expensive compared to what ? (Mention one that is better than the rafale )

Flight hour in rafale costs $16,500 your number is totally incorrect

I compared it with the F-16/Mig (since they had almost the same size)... ANyway No worries I understood :|

My numbers of an hour was mostly around 23-28K$ ... Maybe I'm wrong then.

I compared it with the F-16/Mig (since they had almost the same size)... ANyway No worries I understood :|

My numbers of an hour was mostly around 23-28K$ ... Maybe I'm wrong then.

On a French Forum @Picdelamirand-oil explained that the initial hour cost were high due to the small number of planes and because it was the beginning.

He said that now we have the "real" calculated cost from official source and it is supposed to be around 11k€ per hour in France atm.

source in French : http://www.air-defense.net/forum/topic/18726-la-composante-air-belge/?do=findComment&comment=1044047

And, ex-PAF pilots will be flying them - it's like the hottest bloke taking the prom queen for a joy ride!!!!

I had a source but can not find it unfortunately, the negotiation about the jets Had made headlines in december 2014 as israel had suspected qatar as a financer of terrorist organizations hamas for example, the deal had not continued since then the usa approved the order of 72 of their jets of the type f-15qa which also maked headlines but Washington has refused the order and cancelled it after that Washington offered qatar the f-15 of their own version since the threat from iran has grown, and israel and the gcc have warmed their relationships with eachother as they have one thing in common (Iran)

I had a source but can not find it unfortunately, the negotiation about the jets Had made headlines in december 2014 as israel had suspected qatar as a financer of terrorist organizations hamas for example, the deal had not continued since then the usa approved the order of 72 of their jets of the type f-15qa which also maked headlines but Washington has refused the order and cancelled it after that Washington offered qatar the f-15 of their own version since the threat from iran has grown, and israel and the gcc have warmed their relationships with eachother as they have one thing in common (Iran)

My Friend, what are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom