What's new

PWI | Pakistan Weapons Industry

An Old Afridi Tribesmen Examines A Pistol In The Rifle Factory, Darra Adam khel Tribal Territory Near Kohat Pass, Circa 1949.

1607458357547.png

Hamza MCV family
Arguments against Hamza:

a) Having begun as a private program, the original designs may not be informed by the army's extensive knowledge of battlefield conditions.

b) Why pay dividends to a private company when HIT, together with the military, has enough experience to develop its own design, which will probably better correspond to the military's requirements?

I am not opposed to the acquisition of the Hamza MRAP, but it be may be worth asking the aforementioned questions.

Last edited:
Arguments against Hamza:

a) Having begun as a private program, the original designs may not be informed by the army's extensive knowledge of battlefield conditions.

b) Why pay dividends to a private company when HIT, together with the military, has enough experience to develop its own design, which will probably better correspond to the military's requirements?

I am not opposed to the acquisition of the Hamza MRAP, but it be may be worth asking the aforementioned questions.
Army's extensive knowledge of the battlefield leads them to field death traps like hilux it seems.

Arguments against Hamza:

HİT 😆😆😅

Someone is playing with my notifications settings. Because İ didn't get notification when you replied to me.

Quick question:
Does a laser guided bomb built in Pakistan cost the same as one built in USA ? (do we even make them here?) Or in general, how expensive are precision guided munitions? (locally built) eg: Barq? Are they cost effective enough to be deployed and used on a large scale? Or is it one of the reasons drones aren't used?

Can some knowledgeable members answer this question?

Quick question:
Does a laser guided bomb built in Pakistan cost the same as one built in USA ? (do we even make them here?) Or in general, how expensive are precision guided munitions? (locally built) eg: Barq? Are they cost effective enough to be deployed and used on a large scale? Or is it one of the reasons drones aren't used?

Anybody ? :undecided:
Asking about "smarter" munitions in particular, like Barq, or GBU (if we make them here). There's very little information about them here, or anywhere.

Quick question:

No, probably cheaper if made in Pakistan. Quality can be debated though...

Price of Barq would probably be around 1 lakh?? If not a bit more. I would put the range at 1-10 lakh. And yes, they're cost effective if they're used against tanks. Not really cost effective if all they do is destroy a couple of empty buildings. Drones are used much by Pakistan because Pakistan doesn't produce any indigenous UCAV's worth their salt. It has opted to buy Chinese UCAV's instead. And even UCAV's can get expensive, especially if you buy them instead of making them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom