What's new

Punjabi Music

Punjabi , pashto and sindhi music is fun to listen . Though i dont understand the languages but it gets u vibes and refreshes u . It never bores you .

Beautiful cultures n beautiful languages of our country...

Punjabi , pashto and sindhi music is fun to listen . Though i dont understand the languages but it gets u vibes and refreshes u . It never bores you .

Beautiful cultures n beautiful languages of our country...
Try Farsi especillay of Tajik dialect.
Few Suggestions:
Kujoi Kujoi (Kuja Kuja)
HumNafas
Ishq i RuhAfza
Jora Jan
Reh Guzar
Dilnoma
Shireen Na
I think most of these are Tajik Folk, refreshing nonetheless.
You might even understand the language. I did here and there catch a lyrics.

Last edited:
But I don't like if I can't understand

Everyone have it's own taste, you can't expect everyone else to like/dislike things based on what you like/dislike. Thousands of people used to come in Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's concerts around the world and used to enjoy his songs/qawalis despite knowing nothing about lyrics.

Yeah farsi is fun too along with tajik .

Music is to be felt more than just understanding.
Farsi and Tajik is the same language. Just different dialects.
I like this one and have been listening to it for quite a time now. I listed some more from the same singer. She is quite popular in Tajikistan. I think she revived the Folk music there.

Farsi and Tajik is the same language. Just different dialects.
I like this one and have been listening to it for quite a time now. I listed some more from the same singer. She is quite popular in Tajikistan. I think she revived the Folk music there.
Yeah will surelt go through her other songs too .
She has very sweet voice.

Pashto gets me dance though lmaaao ..
Just like u add life ..
There should be a pashto music thread too lmao

@Simurgh songs of this singer are nice but videos are of third quality
and here is real seraiki song from dera ghazi khan

@Brass Knuckles I think Shafaullah Khan Rokhri of Mianwali is also a good singer, the best thing I like about Saraiki songs is that they always start with some kind of poetry (doray/mahiyay I think) and also the poetry of the songs is also always very meaningful and of serious nature unlike punjabi songs which are mostly based on trivial poetry.

He is good singer but isn't seraiki seraiki is like the song I shared Yar sada Kani
And wajid baghdadi's dialect is exactly like us

The main difference that I find between Saraikis of Multan/DG Khan and those of Mianwali is that the people of Mianwali have similar accent like their neighboring pothoharis and to some extent even to us in central eastern parts of pakistani punjab. The phonetics and tone/accent used for speech in DG Khan is what makes it difficult for me to understand, I think if the same thing is in the written form I will get far more than what I understand when they are using it verbally. I often feel that Saraikis south of Multan have weird tone/accent compared to people north of Multan irrespective of whether they speak Saraiki/Lahori/Pothohari. In fact from accent wise I feel that Pothohari is closer to us in Lahore/Gujranwala, I never have problem understanding any pothohari because their accents and pronunciations of common words is more or less same like us though I feel phothoharis/Hindko speakers speak the language "too fast" compared to Lahoris/Gujranwala. Southern Saraikis are on the other end they speak too slowly compared to everyone else in the centre and north of punjab.

For example I find it difficult to completely understand the following song of DG Lashari boys mainly due to their "weird accent" and pronunciations, I clearly see a sindhi influence on their accents, it feels to me like they are munching the words, but the song is good with good poetry (whatever I understand of it around 70-80 %), I understand Saraiki far more than an average guy from my area because I like learning new languages/dialects.

Last edited:
weird accent"

If not all some of these singers with what you call weird accent are bilingual they speak Balochi and seraiki both so it's Balochi influence waisay Jo song mainay share Kia us ki smjh aai hai

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom