What's new

Punjab govt to set up laptop plant

I actually like this idea as it would transfer Silicon Technology to us and we can improve upon it.

And once again, govt will take the place of private businessmen.

Have you wondered why second hand computers and printers are sent to Pakistan by the container load and not manufactured or assembled there (hint- look at the regs) -- Just look and see how all the parts required can be had for ridiculously economic prices from China and Korea ---- but if govt does it, well, they can handle the issues of regs.

Instead of doing it themselves govt should be enacting legislation to enable private business to succeed in Pakistan, it works all over the world, except in Pakistan, perhaps more Pakistanis should be asking themselves and the govt why this is

My grand parents and others in family used to tell me where "Raja vepari Praja Bhikari".. its in Gujarati .. means if Rulers do business then People becomes beggars ... we saw that in India during licence Raj and in many other countries like USSR.

I second @muse that government should enable other to do business instead they do same ...

Last edited by a moderator:
And once again, govt will take the place of private businessmen.

Have you wondered why second hand computers and printers are sent to Pakistan by the container load and not manufactured or assembled there (hint- look at the regs) -- Just look and see how all the parts required can be had for ridiculously economic prices from China and Korea ---- but if govt does it, well, they can handle the issues of regs.

Instead of doing it themselves govt should be enacting legislation to enable private business to succeed in Pakistan, it works all over the world, except in Pakistan, perhaps more Pakistanis should be asking themselves and the govt why this is

Its not that hard to understand the fact that govt is trying to encourage private companies to start local manufacturing and as Punjab govt is buying some units every year they can surely persuade them. I remember a C.N.G station back in 2003 or something in F-7 operated by O.G.R.A(govt), and now we see privately operated pumps everywhere in the country.

Its not that hard to understand the fact that govt is trying to encourage private companies to start local manufacturing and as Punjab govt is buying some units every year they can surely persuade them. I remember a C.N.G station back in 2003 or something in F-7 operated by O.G.R.A(govt), and now we see privately operated pumps everywhere in the country.

I do see your point as to how a CNG dispensing facility is very much like investing in a computer or any other assembly plant

What a waste of public spending.

Another public sector white elephant monopoly in the making, not to mention the opportunity cost of that money here, also likely corruption.

Ridiculous idea.

What a waste of public spending.

Another public sector white elephant monopoly in the making, not to mention the opportunity cost of that money here, also likely corruption.

Ridiculous idea.

Ridiculous idea? Some people will make millions, from buying low spec parts from China, and slapping together the components to market substandard laptops while in papers the costs will be much higher. Sort of like the Takhti scam foisted not too long ago by PAC. Same principles at work here.

Ridiculous idea? Some people will make millions, from buying low spec parts from China, and slapping together the components to market substandard laptops while in papers the costs will be much higher. Sort of like the Takhti scam foisted not too long ago by PAC. Same principles at work here.

As a government funded, public sector venture, it's a ridiculous idea. But it is also genius in the sense that it's a great money making scheme.But remember, even then in the public sector, the public sector will always find a way of turning this thing into a non-profitable business.

In any case, I've expressed my dissatisfaction.

talking is very easy???
but if you do work for the nation is very hard
prove it
this scheme is totally fare
and with the welfare of New Energizer

Revive the HEC (Higher Education Commission) to what it was in Musharaff era, for God sake.

Back
Top Bottom