What's new

Punjab gets lion’s share in CPEC projects

?? Jitni Balochistan ki Population hai utni to Lahore ki hai..

Balochistan me Power Plants hain CPEC me
8 Economic zones hain CPEC me
Gwadar Develop ho rha hai CPEC me
CPEC k ilawa bhi Roads bn rhi hain Like Sibbi Kohlu road recently complete hua Quetta Dalbandin road bhi bn rha hai
Basic health units repair ho rhy hain
2 New Universities bn rhi hain Turbat or Gwadar me

Quetta tk Railways track Upgrade hoga CPEC me
Makran Coastal highway ko Motorway k level pe upgrade krne ka plan CPEC me Gwadar-Turbat-Khuzdar or Gwadar Karachi Railway track ka bhi plan hai so isn't this enough ???

Hub me already 1 Cement Plant lag rha hai 3600 MW ka plant Hub me lagay ga

CPEC in Balochistan For you

Plus Article is BS 8 to Economic Zone hain Balochistan me or 6 Projects Gwadar me hain to 8 project Balochistan me kese Bakwas Article
just ye bata dow k CPEC se punjab ka kya lena dena ? Zorzabardasti Punjab Se Guzaar rahay hayn CPEC, Route pe bhi Cpec nai ata aglo ne route bhi change kar k Punjab wali kardi, oor Sub se Zyada Contract Punjab ko Gaye Akhir aisa khulla tazaad kyun ? Ab please wo Punjab made Maps mat dikha dena, mujhe Sub pata hay oor please jawab bhi Zara Khud k andar jhaank k dena.

i think you are talking about what should be done rather what is possible to be done through economical and buisness perspective. you are enumerating these benefits of barren land etc then it needs to be judged ato the criteria of buisness and investment like infrastructurre, availability of markets, minimzing of cost, safety etc. so buisness is like water which makes its own way without considering the wishlists of masses if could be then it would have been done so far. it was buisness interests which prohibited balochistan to develop untill now and will continue to do so until and unless Balochistan offer something unique to invest in. and this CPEC investment can be utilized by Balochistan to develop its infrastructure etc to attract investment in future.
and 2nd point is that here is the investor is China and we cannot manipulate investors to invest wherewe want. it is him which can where and when he want.
I am talking about things that can be done right now with a little bit of public private partership and a bit of nudging by the govt. I am a keen propnent of open source structure , have tried to give away free cds dvds to the maases ,so they could learn linux but came to the conclusion people dont care about stuff thats free, not unless they,ve earned it
Right now i had medical colleges in mind private ones that are making truck loads of money , I say let them but they have to be in balochistan and coz its a medical college let the private collge fund for a tertiary care hospital and outside hospital you get restaurants pharmaceuticals and dhaba walas which will create jobs
Lets look at bahria town city thats outside karachi but is self sustaing and even more successful than dha city

Let me add that power generated from all the power projects of CPEC will directly flow into National Grid first and then distributed ahead. So even if they are Punjab based, it does not mean that they ll cater only for Punjab but whole Pakistan. Only those power projects as initiated by provincial govts will cater for respective province or they can sell that power to Federal Govt if they want.
:lol: if adding that power to National grid is the main plan then why would they be setup near the DESCOs? The point of setting these plants near the target cities is to reduce the transmission cost of setting them remotely and then routing their electricity through NTDC to DESCOs. These plants will directly feed the DESCOs. This electricity is expensive one, so you see expensive power mix being setup in Punjab because collection is not an issue here but the availability. You can't afford a gas based power plant supplying to PESCO,HESCO or QESCO because lower collection means sure losses and that's why you see no investor setting up for these types but hydro power in other regions because hydro's lower cost makes up for a fair portion of non-collection.
Here's a hint
The government has silently collected over Rs200 billion from consumers of power distribution companies to bail out inefficient power firms in Sindh, Balochistan and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.http://tribune.com.pk/story/1164287/govt-quietly-collects-rs200b-power-bills/
just ye bata dow k CPEC se punjab ka kya lena dena ? Zorzabardasti Punjab Se Guzaar rahay hayn CPEC, Route pe bhi Cpec nai ata aglo ne route bhi change kar k Punjab wali kardi, oor Sub se Zyada Contract Punjab ko Gaye Akhir aisa khulla tazaad kyun ? Ab please wo Punjab made Maps mat dikha dena, mujhe Sub pata hay oor please jawab bhi Zara Khud k andar jhaank k dena.
Here comes another ding dong.

Punjab gets lion’s share in CPEC projects

ISLAMABAD: Punjab is to benefit most from the projects starting under the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), statistics shared with the Parliament revealed.

At present, 53 per cent of the total projects are being assigned to Punjab. The provincial government has deployed 6,346 security personnel for the protection of 3,754 Chinese nationals.

According to official statistics, out of the total of 330 projects under CPEC, 176 are in Punjab while only eight projects have been allocated for Balochistan.

I can sense how illogical drama this article will start on here by a few. So I thought I'd add some clarity:

1) Projects these big, always want to return on investment quicker. In other words, if there was a project like this in the US, and a road infrastructure was to go through NY, NJ, CT and Delaware, NY would get the most of it initially. Why? Because of the existing infrastructure, well running GDP and businesses and qualified labor already available.

Then, the first phase would achieve its value realization (jobs, economic growth, etc). And other lower established areas will have infrastructure being put in place for their growth, why benefits have been realized by where they can, quickly. In other words, you always try to "capture low hanging fruit", and not run to the top of the tree right away as it takes more time and resources.

2) Larger population and existing GDP: initial phases will always be put in places where the population and associated GDP is larger. Doesn't mean all others will stay in the cave-men's time. So if you put anything in Gawader, you don't have the infrastructure around there, so as you build infrastructure, you put phase I of say manufacturing in areas with higher labor and gdp, for quick returns. In the meantime, Gawader would have the infrastructure put in and it would start to attract businesses and people. But you don't sit around idle for those 5-10 years, until Gawader or whatever city reach that capacity.

These are things considered "Urban Planning 101". But per my experience, there are people on here who'd just hate any or every progress and would bi*tch about everything that helps a common person!!

:lol: if adding that power to National grid is the main plan then why would they be setup near the DESCOs? The point of setting these plants near the target cities is to reduce the transmission cost of setting them remotely and then routing their electricity through NTDC to DESCOs.

Absolutely correct. Urban Planning means, you create Urban Cities for the future that can sustain themselves by themselves, whether its their local economy, safety, infrastructure, etc, etc. So in a true Urban Planning model like you see in the US specifically, each City is an entity by herself, gives incentives to the business, has a local Cable, Internet and Wifi company, has local School System which is linked to the State, but run on locally paid taxes. Same goes with roads and electric infrastructure. Each city has its own CEO, CFO, CIO, Courts, Police, Electric, School and Hospital system which is run on the local population's taxes. That is the idea.

In Pakistan's case, if you have transmission lines linked, but 80% of them supporting a local 20-30 mile radius of one or two local cities, imagine how much electric theft can be controlled as everything is closely monitored. And there is staff available from each city to help monitor and control electric consumption, needs and growth plans for their city. Some cities would produce excess electric and can sell to others.

Yea, there are a LOT of those on here :rofl: :angel:. You just wonder if they ever went to a real school or if they did, were they asleep throughout their classes :lol:. These people defy common sense and logic like someone would defy the Gravity!!

very shameful behavior of rulers.. and if anyone speak against it they will label him traitor or proxy..

What about Balochistan? their development will not benefit Pakistan?
CPEC%2BProjects.jpg

:lol: if adding that power to National grid is the main plan then why would they be setup near the DESCOs? The point of setting these plants near the target cities is to reduce the transmission cost of setting them remotely and then routing their electricity through NTDC to DESCOs. These plants will directly feed the DESCOs. This electricity is expensive one, so you see expensive power mix being setup in Punjab because collection is not an issue here but the availability. You can't afford a gas based power plant supplying to PESCO,HESCO or QESCO because lower collection means sure losses and that's why you see no investor setting up for these types but hydro power in other regions because hydro's lower cost makes up for a fair portion of non-collection.
Here's a hint

sadda haq ithay rakh

Here's a hint

So basically federal collected Rs 200 billion extra from honest customers of DESCOS from Islamabad, Lahore, Faisalad, Gujranwala to pay for other provinces electricity theft. maa sadqay

"This change primarily affected the customers of efficient distribution companies (Discos) – mainly the Lahore, Faisalabad, Islamabad and Gujranwala electricity supply companies."

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1164287/govt-quietly-collects-rs200b-power-bills/

You can build 5 metro buses with this amount of money.

So basically federal collected Rs 200 billion extra from honest customers of DESCOS from Islamabad, Lahore, Faisalad, Gujranwala to pay for other provinces electricity theft. maa sadqay

"This change primarily affected the customers of efficient distribution companies (Discos) – mainly the Lahore, Faisalabad, Islamabad and Gujranwala electricity supply companies."

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1164287/govt-quietly-collects-rs200b-power-bills/
Here's one more to be specific
The official is optimistic that the timely release of the funds will largely resolve the issue of cash to initiate work on the identified projects. But KP has also issues with the federal government on four operational projects.

Pesco has not paid Rs900m arrears to the Pehur Power Plant (12MW). It is only paying 20pc for electricity supply. In February 2016, the federal government agreed to evolve a mechanism to settle the matter..
http://www.dawn.com/news/1247005
PECSO+ad.jpg

55015c2ad37ac.jpg

They don't get paid in full to be able to make them pay to producers. Hydros can take the burn but not the fossil fuel based powerplants who produce at 3-4x the cost of hydros.
Want more of it, let me know. But do come with something concrete rather "maa sadqay" kind of things :D

sadda haq ithay rakh
Mehnat kar, Hassad na kar. :)

Why the F people always go crazy over Punjab, enough of this playing victim thing. Punjab is hosting more than 50% of Population of Pakistan. All the eatables come from Punjab all your brain power Comes for Punjab. Enough of this accusations from every single other province if you can't develop your self don't envy or do w.e you like. I always consider my self to be a Pakistani then anything else (Punjabi) but lately this sh!t is getting crazy.

Every single tom dick and harry wants to live in Punjab but have this issue that Punjab is taking over others resources. The fact is "Punjabis can't help it if you guys are incompetent, don't blame us for your incompetency."

Corruption corruption!!! This is what it is abuse of power!

Balochs feel deprived they should be given priority in cpec development of balochistan should be pakistans top priority but again punjab takes everything...now sepratist will again bark and propagate their msg govt has given them tools again to bark and polute balochis mind!

And cpec is controlled by milatary i know this is not the popular opinion here but shouldnt we blame milatary for this unequal distribution?development of balochistan is a matter of national interest now because progress of comon baloch will make them patriotic to Pakistan and terroists will lose support! It looks like military doesnt care about national interest and only about punjabs interest!army being protector of Pakistans national interest is failing Pakistan!

Here's one more to be specific

PECSO+ad.jpg

55015c2ad37ac.jpg

They don't get paid in full to be able to make them pay to producers. Hydros can take the burn but not the fossil fuel based powerplants who produce at 3-4x the cost of hydros.
Want more of it, let me know. But do come with something concrete rather "maa sadqay" kind of things :D

Mehnat kar, Hassad na kar. :)

I actually agreed with you.

Corruption corruption!!! This is what it is abuse of power!

Balochs feel deprived they should be given priority in cpec development of balochistan should be pakistans top priority but again punjab takes everything...now sepratist will again bark and propagate their msg govt has given them tools again to bark and polute balochis mind!

And cpec is controlled by milatary i know this is not the popular opinion here but shouldnt we blame milatary for this unequal distribution?development of balochistan is a matter of national interest now because progress of comon baloch will make them patriotic to Pakistan and terroists will lose support! It looks like military doesnt care about national interest and only about punjabs interest!army being protector of Pakistans national interest is failing Pakistan!
Balchistan's development will be driven by Gawadar's development. Gawadar will become the Karachi of Sindh and Lahore of Punjab. You can't just start putting factories all around, you need to develop a hub where rest of the resource can move to. Gawadar will house the industry and consume the industrial and general labor of the province. Though I can foresee a Pushton Vs Baloch struggle to get the maximum share in the pie.

ap aisa kro pehle orignal plan share kro ta k waqai yakeen aai k Punjab se zabardasti guzar rhy hain

To be honest, it is much easier and cheaper to do any development in punjab than balochistan. Punjab has fertile soil, rivers and flat terrain.Development in balochistan is a very expensive and a back breaking endeavor. Balochistan is the opposite of punjab, it is dry, mountainous and rugged. The natural resources it does have are of low value. Natural gas for example is a cheap fuel and can't generate enough capital to fund large scale developmental projects. If it wasn't for punjab's massive food surpluses balochistan would have an even smaller population.

IS there any third party(apart from Chi-pak) did any survey/assessment/valuation of CPEC projects??

Something fishy in this entire project ... No idiot imagine to transport goods from Karachi/Gwadar to China east form rugged terrain,3 mountain ranges,earth quake prone,insurgency infected areas!!

It is like Nigeria transporting goods to Egypt through Sahara desert on road :rofl:.... Ridiculous!!
asia.gif
China is looking west into central asia and pakistan provides the best route for the landlocked central asian republics to get a warm water sea access. China also want alternative routes to the busy and easy to blockade strait of malacca.Your Nigerian and Egyptian comparison is stupid, those countries have no shared borders, a closer comparison would be germany or poland trading with north africa via italy.

Let it go through till the end pls

Back
Top Bottom