What's new

Punjab envisions city on Ravi bank

Yes, the plots are available now, 1 Canal residential plot for around 5 million Rs.

but no direct linkage with the Motorway in plan..

still cheap as compared to prices in Lahore.

Great....

I may invest in it. Have u got any web link or contact to buy such plots in Lahore with that price tag.

Great....

I may invest in it. Have u got any web link or contact to buy such plots in Lahore with that price tag.

I saw some property ads in the news paper 2 week ago, and also banners in DHA, check from any well-known property dealer there. I would rather suggest to get a file in DHA scheme which is also on the Ravi bank, near babu sabu interchange.. 3.5 million or more is the price of the file, but in 5-7 years it will be 20 million for sure.

If anything new city should be build on open land in Baluchistan area
together with canal , nuclear power plant inside mountain

The agricultural land should not be ruined

Mods, please clean up this thread.

I am convinced that Lahore is the destination of choice for investment for next 7-9 years. But nothing like this can succeed unless the people have justice in face of Land mafia. Granted that the worse among Land mafia in old PML of '90s were co-opted in Musharraf-sponsored PML-Q and left PML-N. But many of them returned into PML-N. Its good that these people are not in a position to black-mail the government, but as they say "Chor chori sey jai, hera pheri sey nahin"

This new city is probably going to be a safer investment bet because the government would acquire land where it does not already own it. The land record would most likely be computerized. There should be less scope of fraud connected with land.

But as I observed earlier, the main problem is the risk associated with a super-flood like the one that happened in 1988. Can the infrastructure handle 450,000 cusecs flood?

This looks like a reporting error. It must be $ 2 Billion
More like 10-20 Billion USD because 20x100=2000 Billion PKR which is very possible since Faisalabad generates around 7 Billion USD from just textile exports excluding other domestic activity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom