Tameem

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
By Abdul

Manan
Published: October 19, 2011
The Likeminded-PTI alliance will give the Sharif’s PML-N a tough time in Punjab, particularly in their heartland of Lahore. PHOTO: AFP/FILE

LAHORE: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, once a bit-player in national politics, is rapidly gaining stature in the lead up to the 2013 elections. A faction of the Pakistan Muslim League Quaid Likeminded group – itself a dissident group that split from the main PML-Q – is likely to join forces with the PTI in coming days, sources told The Express Tribune.

The faction includes in its midst shrewd politicians like Hamid Nasir Chattha, Khurshid Kasuri, Mian Asif, Chaudhry Amir Hussain Gujjar, Nasrullah Dareeshak, Afzal Sahi and Gohar Ayub Khan.

Senior leaders of the likeminded group met in Lahore on Tuesday where they decided to forge an alliance with the PTI in the next election. They will meet PTI chief Imran Khan one last time either on Wednesday (today) or Thursday (tomorrow) to finalise the makeup of such an alliance. Sources said that the details of an alliance had been all but agreed upon and only a final announcement remained.

(Read: Deciding on the govt’s fate: Q-League’s split decision)

PTI spokesman Omer Sarfraz Cheema confirmed that the PML-Q Likeminded faction would be meeting with Imran over the next couple of days, but provided no further details.

Mian Asif also confirmed to The Express Tribune that negotiations were ongoing with the PTI and provided more names of the group that had decided to forge an alliance with the former cricketer’s party. Riaz Fatiana, Sardar Talib Hassan Nakai, and Nisar Muhammad Khan from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa were among the names he mentioned.

The decision to split away from the dissident faction was made after several members of PML-Q Likeminded felt annoyed with their leadership’s decision to join the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N). Many were particularly irked by the fact that the Likeminded leadership had secured PML-N electoral nominations for themselves and not having catered to the interest of the group as a whole.

The PML-N, meanwhile, has been joined by the rest of the PML-Q Likeminded in addition to Pakistan Peoples Party dissident Shah Mehmood Qureshi, a former foreign minister, as well as his supporters.

Sources said that some Likeminded leaders – such as Kasuri, Dareshak, and Chattha – had advocated a grand right-wing alliance similar to the Islami Jamhoori Ittehad of the late 1980s and early 1990s, inviting the Jamaat-e-Islami to join them in a coalition with the PTI.

It appears that none of the four senators in the Likeminded faction are yet part of the push to join an alliance with the PTI. Senators Humayun Akhtar, Saleem Saifullah and Abdul Ghaffar Qureshi are still engaged in talks with PML-N’s Senator Ishaq Dar for a possible tie-up between those two groups.

(Read: PML-N attempts to recapture lost ground)

It appears that the PML-N is also picking and choosing which members of the PML-Q Likeminded faction it wants to welcome back into the fold. (Most PML-Q members were originally part of the PML-N before having been ‘persuaded’ by former president Pervez Musharraf to join his custom-made party.)

Sources said that the PML-N has already made a deal with some PML-Q Likeminded members such as Kashmala Tariq from Punjab and Arbab Ghulam Rahim and his supporters from Sindh. The PML-N appears disinterested in making deals with others in the party.

Mian Asif, meanwhile, had also been holding talks with Awami Muslim League leader Sheikh Rasheed (another dissident from the PML-Q) on Monday to invite him into the alliance with the PTI, but Rasheed is reportedly holding out for a deal with the Sharif family.

Asif expects the Likeminded-PTI alliance to give the Sharif’s PML-N a tough time in Punjab, particularly in their heartland of Lahore.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 19th, 2011.
PTI picks up support from PML-Q faction – The Express Tribune

Lets hope none of the crooks make it to PTI , all must be asked to declare their wealth , and show their paid taxes , must not have a criminal record or land grab charge laid against them , must not have foreign investments through illegal means and money laundering.

If they fulfill the above requirements these PML-[KAAF[Kuttay wali]] league members should be included. I would also like to see Shah Mehmood Qureshi in PTI.

Lots of news about the new political "joor toor" will come up, but we will have to wait and see until something is official. People will also try to spread miss-information for their gains. Wait for official news.

very disappointing from PTI!!! why would they include proven bad corrupt inept guys amongst its ranks! this is exactly what musharraf did too and once he did that he kept going downhill!

very disappointing from PTI!!! why would they include proven bad corrupt inept guys amongst its ranks! this is exactly what musharraf did too and once he did that he kept going downhill!

Trust me. This ain't happening.

Its only one side of a story. After the recent false claims of PTI's candidate in Sahiwal by our media, I'd say take every news article concerning IK and PTI with a pinch of salt and wait for the official word on their website.

Trust me. This ain't happening.

wait for the official word on their website.

What if it comes on PTI official Website too in coming weeks???
You people aren't renounce your support to PTI even than except you have and official acceptance wording...."In the larger intrest of the country..." The End!!!

What if it comes on PTI official Website too in coming weeks???
You people aren't renounce your support to PTI even than except you have and official acceptance wording...."In the larger intrest of the country..." The End!!!

If ever PTI takes these thugs in without giving a satisfactory explanation, I shall be the first one to condemn them on this very forum.

Just to add two comments:

1. Hamid Nasir Chattha is not corrupt at all. In fact he is a very honest and honourable man. He is an asset in Pakistan politics.

2. Also, Gohar Ayub Khan; what ever his past may be, he stood against US when he was a foreign minister in Nawaz Sharif's second Govt and was removed at the behest of Americans. So a Nationalist, at least.

I am happy that these people are moving away from Chaudhrys PML-Q and also Nawaz Sharif.

Lets hope none of the crooks make it to PTI , all must be asked to declare their wealth , and show their paid taxes , must not have a criminal record or land grab charge laid against them , must not have foreign investments through illegal means and money laundering.

If they fulfill the above requirements these PML-[KAAF[Kuttay wali]] league members should be included. I would also like to see Shah Mehmood Qureshi in PTI.

like Imran khan says we will give people a choice in next elections....

the good guys (PTI) vs the bad guys(Nawaz Group, PPP etc)

If ever PTI takes these thugs in without giving a satisfactory explanation, I shall be the first one to condemn them on this very forum.

even if PTI does take, its not the end of the world for PTI, cause people are loyalist to the cause Chairman Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf Sir Imran khan has started and we believe that he thinks, behave, act, and lives his life for the interest of Pakistan and its people... therefore, we will not let him do mistakes, and Inshallah lead this movement of justice to its logical conclusion that is develop a permanent political school of thought in Pakistan.

even if PTI does take, its not the end of the world for PTI, cause people are loyalist to the cause Chairman Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf Sir Imran khan.

Than My Dear "Leader" you are only fooling Yourself!! Bcz Its and Idle worshipping!!! Pure and Simple!!!

Where is the Logic, Principle, Movement, Country or a 'just stand' in this blind following...Accept it wholeheartedly!! Don't be deceptive.....at least to yourself!!

P.S. In this case I have deep admiration for "Rafeal" for his courageous stand on principles! Learn something!!

I beg you parden; Its not disappointing from PTI but only form Imran Khan!!

Not bcz this is a wrong policy (I thinks its a political reality indeed and a wise move!!) but why he needs to be deceptive with his followers in the first place??

Why he raise thier hopes to that high when he knows he needs to make adjustments down the road? Why he is always more on words but short on actions??

Dear; He may be a Special Sportsman throughout his life! but he is an ordinary politician in every aspects! and thats a reality every PTI followers should accepts whole heartedly!

Pls don't raise your hopes to sky, don't be so emotional...it will only hurts you more!!

Than My Dear "Leader" you are only fooling Yourself!! Bcz Its and Idle worshipping!!! Pure and Simple!!!

Where is the Logic, Principle, Movement, Country or a 'just stand' in this blind following...Accept it wholeheartedly!! Don't be deceptive.....at least to yourself!!

P.S. In this case I have deep admiration for "Rafeal" for his courageous stand on principles! Learn something!!

you need to stop loving me for once lol and then read my statement again... reading carefully will help you avoid later embarrassment...

I beg you parden; Its not disappointing from PTI but only form Imran Khan!!

Not bcz this is a wrong policy (I thinks its a political reality indeed and a wise move!!) but why he needs to be deceptive with his followers in the first place??

Why he raise thier hopes to that high when he knows he needs to make adjustments down the road? Why he is always more on words but short on actions??

Dear; He may be a Special Sportsman throughout his life! but he is an ordinary politician in every aspects! and thats a reality every PTI followers should accepts whole heartedly!

Pls don't raise your hopes to sky, don't be so emotional...it will only hurts you more!!

and who do you suppose i should vote for? THE CORRUPT GANJAAS or ZARDARI king of crooks? or DRAMA QUEEN ALTAF? or ALICE IN WONDERLAND MUSHARRAF???

imran unfortunately is the only better option amongst these people who have destroyed pakistan in last 20 years!!!

Back
Top Bottom