What's new

Protests against army in peshawar

Well I am glad my parents tax money got spent well - definitely wasn’t Nawaz Sharif’s money.
But the corps residence is nice even though they tried to “take over” surrounding private property at times to expand it. Romantic connections were made in its grounds and that is why it will have a soft spot for me.

Also interesting is that the US consulate tried to buy PC Peshawar after the 2009 bombing - not much to do with main location but where it overlooks.
In spring there is a beauty contest in different cantts for the best house. The gardeners give their best and the cantonment officer house Vs Station Commander house becomes a tough battle. Obviously the Station Comd can summon more gardeners from different units than officially sanctioned (2-3). The roses, the flowers, the colorful display at those houses is a must see at the time of competition.

The Div Comd, Corps Comd houses, the Bde Comd houses, and the Log Comd houses can take part too. But the best part is the amount of vehicles available at these houses, not those broad arrow ones, but the green plate or the civilian plate with same number, the ones which easily integrate in the normal public.

In Peshawar, P/D Civil sect housing bureaucracy also has good lodgings near Governor and DC houses. Some of the houses are small but they are well kept, the facilities are good though.

Ohh by the way, have you been to the Sargodha Commissioner House ?
It is spread over 104 kanals, being Pakistan's largest government residence. There are only 33 staff members deployed for its maintenance while security personnel are other than that.

Then the Mansion of the Sahiwal Senior Superintendents of Police (SSP) which is spread over 98 kanals only. Okara's Flag Staff House of GOC, looks puny in front of it, though both are in the same region.

Yeah with a mounted 14.5 Cal. Thund pae gayi ae ankha nou?
M-113 with 14.7mm, I was expecting a 12.7mm :what:

@Inception-06 I still feel that an IFV fulfills the "tank" narrative here instead of an APC, otherwise T-59s were deployed with Tenacious Ten and Battle Axe.

Last edited:
In spring there is a beauty contest in different cantts for the best house. The gardeners give their best and the cantonment officer house Vs Station Commander house becomes a tough battle. Obviously the Station Comd can summon more gardeners from different units than officially sanctioned (2-3). The roses, the flowers, the colorful display at those houses is a must see at the time of competition.

The Div Comd, Corps Comd houses, the Bde Comd houses, and the Log Comd houses can take part too. But the best part is the amount of vehicles available at these houses, not those broad arrow ones, but the green plate or the civilian plate with same number, the ones which easily integrate in the normal public.

In Peshawar, P/D Civil sect housing bureaucracy also has good lodgings near Governor and DC houses. Some of the houses are small but they are well kept, the facilities are good though.

It is spread over 104 kanals, being Pakistan's largest government residence. There are only 33 staff members deployed for its maintenance while security personnel are other than that.

Then the Mansion of the Sahiwal Senior Superintendents of Police (SSP) which is spread over 98 kanals only. Okara's Flag Staff House of GOC, looks puny in front of it, though both are in the same region.

M-13 with 14.7mm, I was expecting a 12.7mm :what:

@Inception-06 I still feel that an IFV fulfills the "tank" narrative here instead of an APC, otherwise T-59s were deployed with Tenacious Ten and Battle Axe.
Didn't look like the standard 12.5 mm, had a muzzle break & all. I've seen that only on the 14.7 mm types.

Any other country where this kind of contest happens?

Who pays for it?

Didn't look like the standard 12.5 mm, had a muzzle break & all. I've seen that only on the 14.7 mm types.
That would be a different ammunition type then. 12.7mm is commonly used as ack ack too which makes its ammunition widely used in all Army Ord depots.

Any other country where this kind of contest happens?

Who pays for it?
GHQ sanctioned money to Cantts.

Die Mir Bajwa Die you swine literally you destroyed the whole institution :angry: :angry: I never imagined a people who loved their army to death will do something like this.This is our army after all it's painful to watch this but people who are doing this are right.
I have been a reader and member here for a very long time.
Members of my family died defending Pakistan.
There has a sea change in the perception of the Armed forces and in particular the leadership.
They are now seen as cruel, behind the scene dictators, who can be brought for peanuts.
The Generals do what is best for their interest, not whats in the interest of Pakistan.

Bajwa has done more damage to the Pakistani armed forces than the Indians ever did.

Last edited:
Never has in the history of Pakistan has the awam expressed such heavy anti-PA sentiments.

Whether the military is involved or not is irrelevant at this point, it's reputation has becoming like dirty tissue paper since IK was removed from power.

Certain unmentionable people have done more damage to PA's reputation than India could ever dream of.

The curtain lifted because this time they ousted an honest leader, instead of replacing one crook with another, this also clarifies that OBL assassination was made up, the whole Pakistani state is compromised, the US wanted to close that chapter and the PA being the good lapdogs complied, if the US can change the government of Pakistan by one phone call, they can do anything with this state.

The Gora's Batman was responsible for two things - schedule and uniform. He was held in the highest respect and the relationship with the officer and batman was strong and proper.

I know many will not understand what I am saying but I sometimes think just looking at what the Pak Army did with the Batman speaks to the decay in this institution.

If only this Army excelled in modern warfare , as it does in dealing in Plots and up keep of Cantts,
We would have liberated Kashmir and have conquered a land bridge, to what would still be east Pakistan.
Army is good in modern warfare, but liberating kashmir militarily is next to impossible unless there is a 5:1 or 7:1 superiority in numbers against Indians. This is usually 3:1 but in mountains the terrain is difficult, occupied peaks can easily defend enemy approaching from all points so defender gets advantage, the need of logistics which means 7-10 times more number of transport helicopters are required including attrition losses against enemy SAMs and AD to transport soldiers/equipment instead of using 1 ton trucks on two way narrow roads in mountains which then means more squadrons of PAF for Air superiority and missiles for SEAD missions and if you dilute formations from south, then the desert can get run over. Finally, the war on western border against TTP and BLA has to be fully managed by FC and Police CTD, where as there are IX Corps troops again in FATA region. Get the gist that Pakistan has been trapped in this war to take its resources and planning away from Kashmir region. Kashmir comes into perspective when the war on western border ends.

If only this Army excelled in modern warfare , as it does in dealing in Plots and up keep of Cantts,
We would have liberated Kashmir and have conquered a land bridge, to what would still be east Pakistan.
What you're asking for is impossible, there's inherent limitations to what Pakistan can do against India. Forget conquering territories now that both sides are nuclear powers.

Only real way would be through a fierce insurgency that even the Indians get tired of containing and then raising Kashmir on an international level.

Or maybe if India ever gets into a full-scale war with China, become a second front

Back
Top Bottom