What's new

Promotions / Postings - Pakistan Air Force

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Air Vice Marshal Tariq Zia has been appointed as Director General Public Relations (Air Force). PAF says “the appointment has been made in the backdrop of recent re-organization of Pakistan Air Force in view of evolving geo-strategic environment, & dictates of contemporary warfare.”

Previous appointments of AVM Tariq Zia includes:

1. Command of a Flying Squadron (No. 9 Griffins, F-16).
2. Command of a Flying Wing (38th Multirole Wing).
3. Command of Airpower Centre of Excellence (ACE)
4. Commander of an Airbase (PAF Base Mushaf).
5. Air Officer Commanding, Central Air Command.
6. Commander, Air Force Strategic Command.
7. Director General, Warfare & Strategy, AHQ.

The AVM is a graduate of PAF Air War College, Faisal and Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS), UK.

1637848618933.png

Based on his previous appointments and expertise. this new appointment looks like waste of a good man.

OR just want him out of any operational postings, daal mae kuch kala hai, ye to khudday line lagany wali baat lagti hai.

baaqi Allah behtar janta hai.

1647864470878.png

Govt. of Pakistan has appointed Air Marshal Muhammad Zahid Mahmood as Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS)...

Air Marshal Muhammad Zahid Mahmood was commissioned in GD (P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in April, 1987. During his illustrious career, he has commanded Combat Commanders' School and an Operational Air Base. In his staff appointments, the Air Marshal served at Air Headquarters as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Personnel), Director General C4I and Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Plans). Air Marshal Zahid Mahmood is a graduate of Combat Commanders’ School, National Defence University Islamabad & Air Command & Staff College, USA. In recognition of his meritorious services & valuable contributions to PAF, he has been awarded with Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Mil), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Mil) and Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Mil)...........

Group Captain Nauman Ali Khan has been promoted to the rank of Air Commodore (One star).

1653427655748.png

The Air Commodore is currently serving as the Commanding Officer of the No. 5 ‘Falcons’ Squadron (39th Tactical Wing, Central Air Command PAF).
Nauman Ali Khan scored a kill in his F-16A EMLU-III against an Indian Air Force MiG-21 Bison piloted by Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman in a beyond visual range combat via an AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM Fox 3 hit.

Seven PAF officers promoted to rank of Air Vice Marshal​

Promoted officers include Air Vice Marshal Farooq Zamir, Air Vice Marshal Aurangzeb Ahmed and others

APP
August 15, 2022

the promoted air officers included air vice marshal farooq zamir afridi air vice marshal aurangzeb ahmed air vice marshal taimur iqbal air vice marshal hakim raza air vice marshal tariq mahmood ghazi air vice marshal mohsin mahmood and air vice marshal tahir mahmood photo app

The promoted Air Officers included Air Vice Marshal Farooq Zamir Afridi, Air Vice Marshal Aurangzeb Ahmed, Air Vice Marshal Taimur Iqbal, Air Vice Marshal Hakim Raza, Air Vice Marshal Tariq Mahmood Ghazi, Air Vice Marshal Mohsin Mahmood and Air Vice Marshal Tahir Mahmood. PHOTO: APP

ISLAMABAD:
The government of Pakistan on Monday promoted seven officers of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) to the rank of Air Vice Marshal.

The promoted Air Officers included Air Vice Marshal Farooq Zamir Afridi, Air Vice Marshal Aurangzeb Ahmed, Air Vice Marshal Taimur Iqbal, Air Vice Marshal Hakim Raza, Air Vice Marshal Tariq Mahmood Ghazi, Air Vice Marshal Mohsin Mahmood and Air Vice Marshal Tahir Mahmood, the PAF said in a statement.

Air Vice Marshal Farooq Zamir Afridi was commissioned in General Duty Pilots also GD (P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in December, 1992. During his career, he has commanded Fighter and Operational Conversion Units, a Flying Wing and an Operational Air Base. He has served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Operational Requirements and Development) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds a master's degree in National Security and War Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad. He is a recipient of Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Aurangzeb Ahmed was commissioned in GD (P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in December, 1992. During his career, he has commanded a Fighter Squadron and an Operational Air Base. He has served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Operational Requirements and Development) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds master's degrees in Military Arts from China and National Security and War Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad. He has also performed his duties in Saudi Arabia on deputation abroad. He is a recipient of Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Taimur Iqbal was commissioned in GD (P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in December, 1992. During his career, he has commanded a Fighter Squadron, a Flying Wing and an Operational Air Base. He holds a master's degree in National Security and War Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad. He has also performed his duties in Qatar on deputation abroad. He is a recipient of Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Hakim Raza was commissioned in GD (P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in December, 1992. During his career, he has commanded a Fighter Squadron and an Operational Air Base. He has served as Deputy Chief Project Director JF-17 and Secretary to Chief of the Air Staff at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds a master's degree in National Security and War Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad. The Air Officer has also served as Directing Staff at National Defence University, Islamabad. He is a recipient of Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Tariq Mahmood Ghazi was commissioned in GD (P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in December, 1992. During his career, he has commanded a Fighter Squadron, Flying Wing and an Operational Air Base. He has served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Operational Requirements and Development) and Director (General Duties Group) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds master's degrees in Strategic Security Studies from USA, Defence Studies from UK and Strategic Studies from Air War College Institute, Faisal. He is a recipient of Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Mohsin Mahmood was commissioned in Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force in June, 1992. During his career, he has commanded an Engineering Wing. He has also served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Radar Engineering) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He is a graduate of Air War College Institute, Faisal and also holds a master's degree in Business Administration. The Air Officer has also served as Director General Avionics and Weapons (Engineering) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He is a recipient of Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Tahir Mahmood was commissioned in Air Defence Branch of Pakistan Air Force in April, 1992. During his career, he has commanded 04 Air Defence units. He has also served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Training and Evaluation) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds Master's degrees in Military Science Military Command from China and National Security and War Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad. The Air Officer has also served as Sector Commander, North Sector, PAF. He is a recipient of Sitara-e-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-e-Basalat.

AIR VICE MARSHAL AURANGZEB AHMED, SI(M), APPOINTED AS NEW PAF SPOKESPERSON
25 August, 2022: Air Vice Marshal Aurangzeb Ahmed, SI(M), has been appointed as Director General Public Relations (Air Force).
Air Vice Marshal Aurangzeb Ahmed was commissioned in GD(P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in December, 1992. During his career, he has commanded a Fighter Squadron and an Operational Air Base. He has served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Operational Requirements & Development) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds Master’s degrees in Military Arts from China and National Security & War Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad. The Air Officer has served as Directing Staff and faculty member at National Defence University, Islamabad. He has also performed his duties in Saudi Arabia as Contingent Commander of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex team. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

1661431597065.png

Islamabad : Air Vice Marshal Abdul Moeed Khan and Air Vice Marshal Ghulam Abbas Ghaman have been promoted to the rank of Air Marshal by the Government of Pakistan.

326104372_491007296538406_3045421636457147234_n.jpg

326024810_1297371414157152_6043642005872486820_n.jpg

Air Marshal Ghulam Abbas Ghumman was commissioned in GD(P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in June, 1990. During his illustrious career, he has commanded a Fighter Squadron, a Flying Wing and an Operational Air Base.

He has served as Director of Human Resource Induction as well as Director of Plans at Air Headquarters, Peshawar & Islamabad respectively, and has rendered his services as Defence & Air Attache in Turkiye. The Air Officer has also performed his duties as Air Officer Commanding Southern Air Command.

Presently, he is serving as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff, the National Aerospace Science and Technology Park (NASTP) with an additional charge of DG C4I at Air Headquarters, Islamabad.

He is a graduate of Combat Commanders’ School and National Defence University, Islamabad. He did General Staff Course from Germany along with Executive Leadership Course from USA. He holds Masters degrees in National Security & War Studies and Strategic Studies.

He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-i-Basalat.

May be an image of 1 person and standing

Air Marshal Ghulam Abbas Ghumman was commissioned in GD(P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in June, 1990. During his illustrious career, he has commanded a Fighter Squadron, a Flying Wing and an Operational Air Base.

He has served as Director of Human Resource Induction as well as Director of Plans at Air Headquarters, Peshawar & Islamabad respectively, and has rendered his services as Defence & Air Attache in Turkiye. The Air Officer has also performed his duties as Air Officer Commanding Southern Air Command.

Presently, he is serving as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff, the National Aerospace Science and Technology Park (NASTP) with an additional charge of DG C4I at Air Headquarters, Islamabad.

He is a graduate of Combat Commanders’ School and National Defence University, Islamabad. He did General Staff Course from Germany along with Executive Leadership Course from USA. He holds Masters degrees in National Security & War Studies and Strategic Studies.

He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-i-Basalat.

May be an image of 1 person and standing
My buddy ... I know about this for some time .. a truly deserving promotion... May he becomes acm .... Make paf proud ... Keep it up sir ghumman

8 PAF officers promoted to rank of Air Vice Marshals​

The Frontier Post

PAF-officers-promoted-696x492-1.jpeg

ISLAMABAD: The Government of Pakistan has promoted 08 PAF Officers to the rank of Air Vice Marshal. The promoted Air Officers include Air Vice Marshal Imran Qadir, Air Vice Marshal Ghazanfar Latif, Air Vice Marshal Shahryar Khan, Air Vice Marshal Nauman Waheed, Air Vice Marshal Mehr Yar Saqib Niazi, Air Vice Marshal Abuzar Khan, Air Vice Marshal Muhammad Asif Aslam and Air Vice Marshal Ghulam Shabbir.

Air Vice Marshal Imran Qadir was commissioned in GD(P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in June, 1992 and received the coveted Sword of Honour. During his career, he has served as Chief Test Pilot of JF-17 program, commanded an Operational Conversion Unit, Support Wing and served as Commandant Combat Support, PAF Airmen Academy Korangi Creek. He has served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Training-Officers) and is currently holding the prestigious office of Advisor to Chief of the Air Staff for Operations, Audit and Evaluation Cell at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds a Master’s degree in War Studies and is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Ghazanfar Latif was commissioned in GD(P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in May, 1993. During his illustrious career, he has commanded a Fighter Squadron, a Flying Wing and an Operational Air Base. He has served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Operations) and Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Safety) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He is a graduate of National Defence University and holds a Master’s degree in War Studies. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Sitara-i-Basalat.

Air Vice Marshal Shahryar Khan was commissioned in GD(P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in May, 1993. During his career, he has commanded a Fighter Squadron, a Flying Wing, Military Training Wing and an Operational Air Base. He has also performed his duties as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Plans) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. The Air Officer has also served as Personal Staff Officer to Chief of the Air Staff and Senior Air Staff Officer at Regional Air Command. He holds a Master’s degree in National Security and War Studies. He is also a graduate of Advanced Staff and War College and Royal College of Defence Studies, UK. The Air Officer is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Nauman Waheed was commissioned in GD(P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in May, 1993. During his career, he has commanded a Support Wing, a Fighter Squadron and an Operational Air Base. He has served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Plans) and Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Operational Research & Analysis) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds a Master’s degree in Strategic Studies from National Defence University and has also served as Directing Staff at this prestigious institution. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Mehr Yar Saqib Niazi was commissioned in Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force in June, 1992. During his illustrious career, he commanded Engineering Wing of an Operational Base, served as Director Weapon System Management (JF-17), Managing Director (Mirage Rebuild Factory) and Commandant (Tech) at PAF Airmen Academy Korangi Creek. He also rendered services as Advisor to General Security Aviation Command at Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Air Officer is a graduate of National Defence University and holds Master’s degree in War Studies. He is also recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Abuzar Khan was commissioned in Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force in June, 1992. During his career, he has commanded an Engineering Wing, has served as Director Weapon System Management (Trainer) and Project Director as well as Managing Director at Aircraft Rebuild Factory. He holds Master degrees in Strategic Studies and War Studies. The Air Officer is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Muhammad Asif Aslam was commissioned in Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force in June, 1992. During his career, he has commanded an Air Engineering Depot, has served as Director Weapons (Research and Development) at Air Weapons Complex and Director Missile and Ground Armament at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. The Air Officer has also served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Weapons Engineering) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He holds Master degrees in Strategic Studies and War Studies. He is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Air Vice Marshal Ghulam Shabbir was commissioned in Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force in December, 1992. During his career, he commanded School of Aeronautics and an Engineering Wing. He served as Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Training Airmen & Civilians) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. He also rendered services as technical advisor in Nigerian Air Force. The Air Officer holds Master’s degree in War Studies and is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Based on his previous appointments and expertise. this new appointment looks like waste of a good man.

OR just want him out of any operational postings, daal mae kuch kala hai, ye to khudday line lagany wali baat lagti hai.

baaqi Allah behtar janta hai.
It's possible but not always. Given the importance of PR, there is a lot of time spent with the Chief. Case in point Maj Gen Babar Iftikhar being promoted to Lt Gen and given Corps command. Additionally, what you say could be true because aside from all the right appointments, there could have been some missteps in the ACRs that only the PAF promotion board would be privy to. Hard to tell.

Last edited:
The above CVs also negate the "FA pass jernail" stupidity that passes as critique of the military on these forums by supporters of a certain party. Not suggesting these are all amazing intellectuals but they are not matriculates either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom