What's new

Project P-282 Pakistan's Hypersonic weapons program

My only hope is all three versions have seriously long range. Not just 300 or 500 KM but minimum range should be 1200 KM
consider P-282 equivalent to Iskander Missile of Russia .....

We should wait to reach such conclusion because ship based term used by Naval cheif negates it.

I am not saying that the proposed P-282 missile will have similar physical dimensions as Iskander missile ....

I am only saying that it will have similar characteristics like depressed trajectory, maneuvering at terminal stage, with +6 mach speed and it will be purposefully designed to overcome challenges posed by SAM systems ....

P-282 would be the first missiles of new class in Pakistani Missile arsenal with these capabilities so expecting it to have 1000+ Km range is little bit absurd

The range should be around 500 to 800 km. Longer range would be a waste of resources. Long range missiles would be larger and more expensive. It cannot be then used for closer ranged targets. Imagine using a 1500km max range missile against a target 600 km away. Fanboys mostly think range is the only performance indicator of missiles lolz.

For people discussing range, it is assumed that the missile will likely have at least a 1000 km range.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom