What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

I don't think we have clearance for EJ-200.Reason being China factor.
What does that have to do with the Chinese? If we have cash, we can buy the Eurofighter tomorrow so I dont see an issue with engines alone for a new gen fighter. We just need to lobby for it

What does that have to do with the Chinese? If we have cash, we can buy the Eurofighter tomorrow so I dont see an issue with engines alone for a new gen fighter. We just need to lobby for it

What happens if a US Company GE / Prat or some other buys equity into RR ? will that give US Gov't the rightful option to place sanctions etc ? VERA radar rings bell ?

Sir,

Respectfully---please get off your mantyra of " IF WE HAVE CASH ".

Gen Musharraf made it clear that we had cash and still no one would sell us---. This statement of his is on the public domain.
What happens if a US Company GE / Prat or some other buys equity into RR ? will that give US Gov't the rightful option to place sanctions etc ? VERA radar rings bell ?

Hi,

Thank you for your comments---. I do not understand why it is so difficult to understand.

Last edited:
JF-17 will require another upgrade in 5 to 7 years just like upgrade from block2 to block3.
Once we are done with the production of 50 block 3, we will move to block 4 production.
i dont see any block 4 jf-17 is not f-16 sir

I don't think we can get EJ for Thunders even if we manage to gather funds.

You are worried about that when all our F-16s have been flying the US engines as well as countless other platforms? I would be more worried about Russian sanctioning parts down the road instead. Here you want already have the entire JF-17 fleet with Russian engines and now some of you are proposing we put all our eggs in the same basket again. Imagine the leverage that gives them over PAF.
That would be unforgiveable. I rather not worry about US buying RR or whatever. The Brits have their own assets/tech to safeguard vs the Americans. Pakistan needs to diversify away from Russian engines for its own sake and if Chinese are not there yet and Americans are unwilling, then we need a European options.
Sir,

Respectfully---please get off your high horse of " IF WE HAVE CASH ".

Gen Musharraf made it clear that we had cash and still no one would sell us---. This statement of his is on the public domain.

Hi,

Thank you for your comments---. I do not understand why it is so difficult to understand.
Nothing stays static in the domain of international politics and deal making. Musharaf was a dictator ... times have changed in Pakistan since then with consecutive "democratic" governments. Pakistan will need to play the game to its benefit

What are the prospects of the FGFA powered by 2 x RD93/RD93MA similarly to how J31 is powered?

We might simply not make the new platform that much into a heavyweight and design it around the current engines which we are have experience in use, maintenance, are fairly secured and can be replaced by WS series once those get matured enough.

We can tweak the engines albeit at the cost of engine life but it just might be worth it to get better performance.

The jet is designed based on our requirements but it doesn't mean it can't be similar to J31 and TFX; infact, I believe it will be take inputs based on multiple 5 Gen programs already ongoing and many of which are already operational.

Back
Top Bottom