What's new

Prime Minister to inaugurate Federal Laptop Scheme

I would be happier if he inaugurated his grave! I mean seriously under his term all we did was take loans and give projects to his, his family and his friends' companies...All we did is sign deals, all we did is somehow get budgets which look awkward and yet nothing to show only claim!

All we did is loose more people, war got worse, got more tension, found out about his Indian birynai craze and how much he loves the PM of Modi (no harm IF he showed similar respect for the mother called Pakistan!)

All he did was never even acknowledge the 3- 30 dying left and right (Karachi to Lahore)

Push everything with force like he is constipated! I mean seriously! He just needs to inaugurate his grave!

This is waste of resources. Unless given to poor students who can't afford laptop.

This is waste of resources. Unless given to poor students who can't afford laptop.
Actually most of the PTIian here are deidh gairatmands. I know many Zananies who were all against SS's laptop scheme but shamelessly grabbed a few when they were awarded. The dollies made the argument that ,"Yeh to mera haq hay".

Laptop Showbaz Kaa... Vote Imran Kaa... :o:

Video=Laptop Cancel Hoo Jaan Gaay, IK Da Naraa Naa Lao Oye.

Video#1
Video#2
Video#3
Video#4

10418240_10152301660260528_4885107228174704296_n.jpg

Laptop Key Liyay & Yellow Cab Scheme & .... Bijlee Saay Chalnaay Walee Metro Train Key Liyay Toe Paisay Haain Naa Uncle...!

Last edited:
If Pakistan required such a huge quantity of laptops then why they did not produce their own "made in Pakistan Laptops"???
Another milestone could be achieved in that way..

Actually most of the PTIian here are deidh gairatmands. I know many Zananies who were all against SS's laptop scheme but shamelessly grabbed a few when they were awarded. The dollies made the argument that ,"Yeh to mera haq hay".

Jis party ka leader beghairat hoo aur uske supporter bhi isi tara ke hote hai. I mean T khan didn't even accept his own daughter.

Wasn't Haier thinking about setting up a Laptop Plant in Pakistan ? I wonder what the status is

Haier already has manufacturing plant in Pakistan since 2002 for electrical appliances. Here is a press release from Haier's website about laptop assembly in Pak,

Haier will provide 100,000 Laptop to Govt of Pakistan

Haier, a global leader in consumer electronics, has always aimed to improve its consumers’ standards of living by offering high quality, value and innovation, hence, making their lives easier and enjoyable, yet affordable.

Keeping our promise, we are proud to announce our collaboration with the Government of Pakistan and HEC for procurement of 100,000 laptops under the “Prime Minister’s Programme for Provision of Laptops to Talented Students”, across Pakistan. Haier believes that the essence of globalization lies in the mass accessibility of technology and by venturing into an initiative like building up the complete assembly plant for Laptops in Pakistan, we will not only empower the youth of today with the necessary tools but will also contribute towards a more progressive Pakistan.

Director General Higher education commission and Director Haier has signed the contract.

For all the cynics.

1. Laptops have batteries. Unlike desktops, they do not stop working when there is loadshedding.

2. There is value in giving these to students - no doubt about it.

3. The price of the laptops comes to PRs. 40K. How much 'kick-back' can be had from this amount?

4. PML-N supporters need not point out that PTI kids are 'shamelessly' grabbing these and calling it their right. PTI kids are right. If @hasnain0099 seems to think that these laptops are meant to buy students' conscience then all the criticism of this scheme is totally valid.

5. If tomorrow, any of the deserving students receiving reimbursement of college fees from Maryam Sharif vote for PTI, would they be expected to pay this money back?

#4 & #5 are important to note. Seems as though PML-N supporters think that the money being spent belongs to PML-N. It certainly does NOT.

4. PML-N supporters need not point out that PTI kids are 'shamelessly' grabbing these and calling it their right. PTI kids are right. If @hasnain0099 seems to think that these laptops are meant to buy students' conscience then all the criticism of this scheme is totally valid.
I merely question the moral grounds.....If you're so self righteous, then have the guts to do it in Shahbaz's face. Refuse to take one and make a statement.

I merely question the moral grounds.....If you're so self righteous, then have the guts to do it in Shahbaz's face. Refuse to take one and make a statement.
Yaar bachon pai zulm mat karo...

Come on, you do realize how that sounds?

The irony would be PTI kids using these laptops to troll on twitter and discussion forums. And even then one can do nothing about it. Once they get a laptop, it is their's to use as they see fit. If irony is lost on them or PML-N people then what can one say? Freedom of expression leads to support for democracy, do not forget that my brother.

PTI kids do not know what does it mean to live under dictatorship. They are totally missing a few very relevant concepts, so let them roll as they like. As they grow up, they may or may not learn, but I hope you would agree that PTI is better opposition than PPP, which is just a locust party.

PTI kids do not know what does it mean to live under dictatorship. They are totally missing a few very relevant concepts, so let them roll as they like. As they grow up, they may or may not learn, but I hope you would agree that PTI is better opposition than PPP, which is just a locust party.
I don't know but even the PTI supporting friends that I have, most of them 100% similar behavior as the kids around here. Its just like a psychic dominator has turned them alike.....

I don't know but even the PTI supporting friends that I have, most of them 100% similar behavior as the kids around here. Its just like a psychic dominator has turned them alike.....
Mera Bhai, does that mean that you have to compensate for their ways by changing yours? I do not know what has gotten into you of late...

See there are some very valid criticisms of PML-N. As the party is set up right now, I do not see them as the future of Pakistan because of dynastic politics. I also have serious doubts about IK being what this country needs. But what is absolutely clear is that we need the constitutional processes to continue with regular on-time elections. The process is the key, not any one political party. Our allegiance with Pakistan demands that we support the constitution over any one person or any one party.

Successful political parties are large-scale enterprises whose fortunes go through cycles. The obsessions with personalities (both PTI and PML-N politics) is the big weakness.

another flop scheme...where politicians will loot the aam janta ...
in india they have tried free cycles, laptops, mobiles, and many more...but mostly sab paise politicians ke jeb mr jate hai...

You will be surprised as here it actually works.

3rd time PM, 6th time in Punjab. Fittey moo! Cant reform police, cant learn A B C of democracy, cant bring education but give me a laptop!

Between NS and the Bhuttos, I have always had a soft corner for NS, but this is ridiculous. These schemes do nothing to genuinely improve the condition of the people. They are just to attract votes from the unsophisticated masses. Haier is selling these laptops to the government on a 16% discount, which means that they are still making a healthy profit. So unless there is sponsorship from other private entities, this is a waste of very limited government resources.

Trying explaining this to a Noora. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom