What's new

PRIME MINISTER NARENDRA MODI AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN full video

I was not big fan of him during election but each passing day I cant stop giving thumbs up to people choice Modi as PM.....:enjoy:

30 congressmen and senators from both the republican and democrat parties attended Modi's Madison avenue gathering. Truely remarkable attendence

mein toh kehta hu 10-12 threads aur khol lo modi sahab ke liye

cb2ab145eadf613bab5340965a9fdbcf.jpg

A question to Indians, how did this guy become so popular? He got elected few months ago and he is getting a lot of attention, does all Indian PM get the same amount of attention or just him? If just just him, why is that?

A question to Indians, how did this guy become so popular? He got elected few months ago and he is getting a lot of attention, does all Indian PM get the same amount of attention or just him? If just just him, why is that?

He was the governor of Gujarat for 3 terms and have proved his worth. The other guy was born into a family.

main-qimg-b63ed35b882637b69519e803c1c6aad1

PM Modi enthralls a sellout crowd at Madison Square.

India came of age in the United States with an epic show of political, social and economic clout, and cohesion on a raucous Sunday afternoon at the Madison Square Garden in New York City.

0cce9f29b2b39c9affb4756d0463957a._.jpg

At Madison Square Garden (AP Photo)

• 346caf1dd2dcf34ce1bb873e4f8cf3fe._.jpg
  • fb42c2e40bc1cf2611657c3e4450d668._.jpg
  • b2a2dd257b18b7efdd6a72d138414f24._.jpg
  • f7b99634a2ce8cf3d23bd3f23a15d371._.jpg
  • ccd057a1ae06601df6f1df7d4d09219c._.jpg

• 506701e8f577f13814b10b455a1a616f._.jpg
  • 7db7057a7cd95d4639dfdf712b211895._.jpg

5bba73bc1f7964bb93b8518cca3913a8._.jpg

Dancers perform before Prime Minister Narendra Modi's speech at Madison Square Garden
in New York (Reuters Photo)

The credit for making him so popular must go in parts to both his character and to the people who tried to assassinate his character.

A whole book can be written about that. Hard to explain in a short post.

But one thing is sure, He is the most popular PM in India since Nehru. No other leader in India comes even close.

Influential lawmaker Tulsi Gabbard, the only Hindu member of the US Congress, met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New York and presented her personal copy of Bhagavad Gita to him, saying it was a gesture to express her love for India.

narendra-modi1-1.jpg

Gabbard, a 33-year-old US Democrat Congresswoman from Hawaii, called on the Prime Minister at his hotel. She presented to the Prime Minister a copy of Gita, which she had placed in her hand when she took oath while being sworn in to the US House of Representative.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted with a garland by Member of House of Representatives Tulsi Gabbard during a meeting in New York on Sunday.

narendra-modi-garland.jpg

"Gita I gave u I had since child, took shelter of in Mid East war zone duty, took Congressional Oath on," she tweeted after her meeting with Modi. "Today I was very honoured to have the opportunity to meet with Prime Minister Modi, where I presented him with a gift of my personal copy of the Bhagavad Gita," she wrote on her Facebook page.

narendra-modi-tulsi.jpg

"It is said that the greatest gift you can give someone is that which is of the greatest value to you, because it is a personal sacrifice to give up something which is very dear to you. So my presenting of my personal Bhagavad Gita to the Prime Minister was my way of expressing just how deep my affection and love is for India, for the Prime Minister, and for the people of India who he represents," she added.

narendra-modi-tulsi1.jpg

Gabbard was also present at the Madison Square reception hosted by Indian-Americans for Modi. "It was great to hear his message of peace and friendship at his address to an energised crowd at New York's renowned Madison Square Garden," she said after Modi's address to NRIs.

modi-17.jpg

Visitors to Madison Square Garden shuffle along in line outside the building to see Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi speak, Sunday, Sept. 28, 2014, in New York.

india-modi-mania_kuma-5.jpg

Dancers with an Indian cultural group perform outside Madison Square Garden in preparation for an appearance by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday, Sept. 28, 2014, in New York.

india-modi-mania_kuma1.jpg

The credit for making him so popular must go in parts to both his character and to the people who tried to assassinate his character.

A whole book can be written about that. Hard to explain in a short post.

But one thing is sure, He is the most popular PM in India since Nehru. No other leader in India comes even close.

He won the elections by a large margin, so I can tell that he is popular in India. But him being so popular in US is the reason I asked that question, maybe I just don't follow Indian politics so much.

He won the elections by a large margin, so I can tell that he is popular in India. But him being so popular in US is the reason I asked that question, maybe I just don't follow Indian politics so much.

It had something to do with the global media vilifying Hindus and Hindutva and Modi emerging as the Icon for both. His becoming PM was secondary.

That is the best short answer I can give. Which is why you find a Hindu US Congress women give her personal copy of the Gita (hindu holy book) to him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom