What's new

Price disclosure of China's Sinopharm vaccine sparks crisis in Bangladesh

China is ripping off other countries do you agree with it or not? Do you think China is selling vaccine at a loss to Bangladesh?

Behavior of China is like they will rip off other people but if it gets exposed it’s the other peoples fault.

Selling at profit =/= ripoff. The profit pays for R&D costs. Originally we believed that Bangladesh was a good friend and also in need so we allowed them to sign a contract for lower prices but your government had other ideas.

So now they pay the standard commercial price that everyone else pays. Since clearly you believed that you can afford violating a contract with easy to understand and abide terms, then you can afford paying the extra cost. Good luck.

Nobody is ripping off any one. You have to pay a price for your incompetence. Some pay more, some less.

As to the Bangladeshis, now having to pay more, when you have idiots in Govt, which we do as well, this is the price you have to pay.

Source of the problem is mainly China charged exceedingly higher price to countries like Sri Lanka. When India is charging 5-6 usd per vaccine and Russia 10 usd per vaccine, how come China charged its all weather friend Sri Lanka 15 USD per vaccine? I can smell bribe money in the deal.

Yes the government official was not professional but it would be matter of time anyway to disclose the price as corruption rate is so high in Bangladesh everyone is keeping a close eye on spending done by health ministry.

Source of the problem is mainly China charged exceedingly higher price to countries like Sri Lanka. When India is charging 5-6 usd per vaccine and Russia 10 usd per vaccine, how come China charged its all weather friend Sri Lanka 15 USD per vaccine? I can smell bribe money in the deal.

Yes the government official was not professional but it would be matter of time anyway to disclose the price as corruption rate is so high in Bangladesh everyone is keeping a close eye on spending done by health ministry.
Volume discount?

How many vaccines is Sri Lanka buying compared to Bangladesh?

I hope this BD official gets fired and sent to jail for a long time.:angry:

He has embarrassed the Chinese and will also cost BD tens of millions of dollars extra now for the vaccine.
Perhaps you forget that even govt can't fire a govt employee from his/her jobs unless found guilty of treason against country.

So she ( the additional secretary)is OSD now , and i am afraid that govt can't take further action, as it's almost impossible to prove it as a treason against Bangladesh.

Govt employees ( specially BCS cadres) have immunity in Bangladesh.

The treason of Rozina was easy to prove, but you see she is unharmed, because she also has immunity since she is a journalist.

Last edited:
By the way estimated price increase is 15 million * 5 = 75 million USD. During pandemic time obviously it’s not desirable.

I am quite sure government will find some other ways to compensate the extra cost by negotiating with China from other projects or loans.

That’s the actual price or should be lower. China just sold overpriced to other countries and might be due to exchange of bribe.
Conspiracy theory, I won't judge what price it should be. I believe both side signed agreement on $10 per dose for good reasons.

BD get $5 discount, also BD agree DO NOT reveal the discount. I would say it's Friendship.

NDA (non disclosure agreement) in business should be abided. The disclosure damaged SinoPharm which is a private company.

This is nothing less than treason
It's actually treason against Bangladesh. Both journalist Rozina Islam and this additional secretary Shahida akhtar is raw agent, it's clear.

But i am afraid that they will remain untouched. Some laws of Bangladesh are disturbing, specially when the case is govt employees and journalist.

Besides our super high IQ people ( 180 million Einstein) are extremely divided. Basically anti Hasina people are doing this mess with direct help of raw, but our 180 millions of Einsteins are soo genius that they won't accept the reality.

Their ( both anti Hasina and pro Hasina) conclusion is Hasina = India , and Khaleda = Pakistan.

Our super genius people can't think beyond khaleda Hasina, and India Pakistan. So these traitors (Rozina Islam and shahida Akhtar) will remain untouched.

The reality is, the current BAL regime is no longer united.

Last edited:
Volume discount?

How many vaccines is Sri Lanka buying compared to Bangladesh?

It’s not found. But Sri Lanka at present mostly doing vaccination with gifted vaccine and around 1.5 million shots have been given only.

China is at present in a damage control mode as their rip off strategy has been exposed. Now in Sri Lanka Chinese Embassy is even claiming $10 per vaccine is a fake news and no such deal is reached and at the same trying trying to explain why different price is offered to different countries.

Pursuant to the tweet, a discourse had emerged on social media, alleging that China which is offering the Sinopharm vaccine to Bangladesh at a rate of 10 USD each has sold the vaccine to Sri Lanka at 15 USD each.

Responding to the backlash through a message on Twitter, the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka tweeted, ” We checked with Chinese Embassy in Dhaka as well as #Sinopharm group. FYI: Bangladesh Health Minister has clarified last week that their procurement agreement including pricing is not finalized yet. The fake news on social media has already disturbed their ongoing negotiation”.

Subsequently, a Sri Lanka twitter user had questioned on the thread as to why China offers vaccines to different countries at varying prices.

Responding to the query, the Chinese Embassy tweeted, ” If you go through the web, you’ll find that it’s a common practice of different price range for all the pharma companies, and Sri Lanka gets a best corporate price with the fastest delivery”.
Conspiracy theory, I won't judge what price it should be. I believe both side signed agreement on $10 per dose for good reasons.

BD get $5 discount, also BD agree DO NOT reveal the discount. I would say it's Friendship.

NDA (non disclosure agreement) in business should be abided. The disclosure damaged SinoPharm which is a private company.

Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka now claiming $10 offering is a fake news :lol::P

Salaam

Price disclosure of China's Sinopharm vaccine sparks crisis in Bangladesh

According to the report, the Bangladeshi official revealed to the media that the vaccine was being imported from China for $10 per dose
16743800_9_1_3072_2046_3063x2045_80_0_0_cf609620ad4672fa51f1116b75b1340b.jpg

Sinopharm has become the first non-Western vaccine that is approved by WHO. Photo: Reuters.
The price disclosure of China's Sinopharm vaccine by a Bangladeshi official has created a new confusion in the country a week before the final deal for the 1.5 crore doses that was supposed to be done with Beijing, reports DW.
According to the report, the Bangladeshi official revealed to the media that the vaccine was being imported from China for $10 per dose.
In the interest of trade, China had said earlier that prices should not be disclosed under any circumstances as they are supplying vaccines in different countries of the world at different prices.
Due to good relations with Bangladesh, China's Sinopharm agreed to provide vaccines for $10 per dose.
Sri Lanka was the first country that raised its voice after the news broke in the Bangladeshi media as it has to provide $15 per dose for the same vaccine.
China has already issued a diplomatic letter to Bangladesh asking why the price was disclosed as Bangladesh was informed earlier that they would suffer commercial losses if prices are revealed. It says that its fears have come true as many countries have objected to them about the vaccine prices.
Beijing has already said that Bangladesh will have to pay $15 per dose to buy the vaccine now.
According to the DW report, Bangladesh is trying to deal with this embarrassing situation diplomatically but the latest news is that there has not been any agreement yet.
No country other than China has been able to provide 1.5 crore doses of vaccine to Bangladesh now.
The Serum Institute of India sent a letter last month expressing its inability to Dhaka. According to the agreement, the Indian company was supposed to provide 3 crore doses of vaccine but it halted the delivery after giving only 70 lakh doses.
On 27 May, the cabinet committee agreed to the proposal to purchase the Sinopharm vaccine from China.
Shortly afterwards, Additional Secretary to the Cabinet Dr Shahida Akhtar revealed the price of the vaccine at a news briefing.
An official investigation is underway into why she told the media at her own risk without maintaining confidentiality.
Shahida Akhtar has already been removed from the post and made OSD.

That lady is not suited for any high level work. This seems like a such an avoidable thing. I wonder if the lapse was in briefing her before the press conference or if she wasn't fit for the job to begin with. If she wasn't fit, then the one who chose her for the job should be questioned for choosing someone like her.

It’s not found. But Sri Lanka at present mostly doing vaccination with gifted vaccine and around 1.5 million shots have been given only.

China is at present in a damage control mode as their rip off strategy has been exposed. Now in Sri Lanka Chinese Embassy is even claiming $10 per vaccine is a fake news and no such deal is reached and at the same trying trying to explain why different price is offered to different countries.

Pursuant to the tweet, a discourse had emerged on social media, alleging that China which is offering the Sinopharm vaccine to Bangladesh at a rate of 10 USD each has sold the vaccine to Sri Lanka at 15 USD each.

Responding to the backlash through a message on Twitter, the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka tweeted, ” We checked with Chinese Embassy in Dhaka as well as #Sinopharm group. FYI: Bangladesh Health Minister has clarified last week that their procurement agreement including pricing is not finalized yet. The fake news on social media has already disturbed their ongoing negotiation”.

Subsequently, a Sri Lanka twitter user had questioned on the thread as to why China offers vaccines to different countries at varying prices.

Responding to the query, the Chinese Embassy tweeted, ” If you go through the web, you’ll find that it’s a common practice of different price range for all the pharma companies, and Sri Lanka gets a best corporate price with the fastest delivery”.

Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka now claiming $10 offering is a fake news :lol::P
So you get air ticket at same price in different countries? or you buy Coca Cola at the same price?

I went France, Italy, found Coca Cola is double/triple or even fourfold the price in US. I can refill Coca Cola/Pepsi for free in Costco, Mcdonald's in US, but not the case in France, Italy.

Business is business.

Sri Lanka used to be good friend of China, but when India/US sponsored regime change, they pay commercial price. Any problem?

Sri Lanka has the freedom to buy from India/US since they sponsored the regime change in Sri Lanka.

Pakistan is China Iron Brother, I won't object if Pakistan get $5/dose, or even lower. That's Pakistan privilege.

Every country treat every country differently, base on their relationship, nothing wrong.

You treat your friend as bad as enemy, you won't have any friend.

You treat your enemy as good as friend, you will have plenty of enemies.

Last edited:
Since clearly you believed that you can afford violating a contract with easy to understand and abide terms, then you can afford paying the extra cost. Good luck.
As I mentioned ,there are many raw agents are in Bangladesh, and they are enough to screw Bangladesh alone.
Walaikumus Salam.
That lady is not suited for any high level work. This seems like a such an avoidable thing. I wonder if the lapse was in briefing her before the press conference or if she wasn't fit for the job to begin with. If she wasn't fit, then the one who chose her for the job should be questioned for choosing someone like her.
You are wrong mate. She is Raw mole and she succcefully did her job on behalf of her master raw.

Besides, I can assure you that nowadays only worthless sycophants get govt job in Bangladesh. Trust me it's an unwritten requirement now in Bangladesh. Such people got their job in 30% freedom fighter quota by licking balls of politicians and now biting Bangladesh.

Last edited:
You treat your friend as bad as enemy, you won't have any friend.

You treat your enemy as good as friend, you will have plenty of enemies.
Piece of gem honesty speaking. Wholeheartedly agree with the words.

Unfortunately we ( actually some traitors)are exactly doing so. However I am still hopeful that enemy agents will be neutraluzed in future.

RAW is sabotaging Bangladesh China friendship.

First they tried to this using a RAW agent Rozina, a failed attempt and now this
Our government should get to the bottom of this, and take necessary action

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom