What's new

Presidential System and my model of New Pakistan

Which System you want to see in Pakistan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I suppose we could give it a try. If it doesn't work out all those computers will have to be sent to the crusher and your cryptos toasted.
Haha I suppose. As with all new things the gov needs to pilot a few ideas. The possibilities are unlimited.

or sobay honay chiye per aisay nahe jaisay is map main banaye gay hain and jab zeada sobay hoon gay toh presidential system k sewa koi or system nahe chal sakta ..
Pakistan main pheli soch Pakistani bananay k leye sobo ke sobaiyat log k demago say khatam karni ho ge per is map ke tarhan divide kar k sobay bananay say wo khatam nahe honi

I have also been advocating for a french style presidential system of governance in Pakistan for years now, the british prime ministerial system of governance is unfit for the people and the culture of Pakistan, the current Pakistani prime ministerial system is essentially a system designed to always end up with a the government of donkeys.

No idea what we are waiting for.. we should be imitating the future not the past... imitate American not british

We have abundance of old elitist fools in Pakistan who are mentally British slaves. Their ideal country is Britain and its ideal judicial, bureaucratic and political systems. They old kalay angraiz babay think like frogs in the well. In my view French, American and German systems of governance, bureaucracy and judiciary are far better and effective than those of Britain but for the British left over elites in Pakistan only the British system is the best.

Last edited:
If the election are fair, Zardari can’t even win Counselor seat. Presidential system
With proper checks and balances can work.
  • Born in Pakistan, or a native citizen, born of Pakistani parents.
  • Eligible to vote.
  • Registered to vote.
  • Living in electoral district.
  • Member of a political party.
  • Minimum age of 35.
  • not have been convicted of crimes including corruption and Money Laundering.
  • not have previously served more than two terms as President.
  • Have University degree (Master Degree)
Best man for the job to run Pakistan, at least poverty will end:-
images

As I said many years ago, the Presidential position should be occupied by a representative of the Pakistan armed forces as civilians cannot be trusted to run the country. The military President should have the full power to fire the prime minister or dissolve parliament and order new elections.
Didn't the president have all powers prev to 1960's, alot of prime ministers were removed and that created alot of political instability

Didn't the president have all powers prev to 1960's, alot of prime ministers were removed and that created alot of political instability
They probably did but they were elected from within and so supported corrupt political agendas. Chief off staff of PA should be the defacto President of Pakistan (even though unofficially they are) it should be written in our constitution. That will keep the corrupts under control knowing there is a danda and might of the PA to keep them in check.

They probably did but they were elected from within and so supported corrupt political agendas. Chief off staff of PA should be the defacto President of Pakistan (even though unofficially they are) it should be written in our constitution. That will keep the corrupts under control knowing there is a danda and might of the PA to keep them in check.

You might as well add 35 seats for Army in assembling so it can start working and pass some laws.

My beef with IK's government has been that he is working within the confines of the system trying to incrementally reform it from inside. That stardegy cannot work because the system is so khookla and moth eaten that it could take decades of incremental reform to fix the issues of the last 70 years.

He should have thrown out the system and brought a holistic reform package within the first six months of his government.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) what is your opinion on this matter

My beef with IK's government has been that he is working within the confines of the system trying to incrementally reform it from inside. That stardegy cannot work because the system is so khookla and moth eaten that it could take decades of incremental reform to fix the issues of the last 70 years.

He should have thrown out the system and brought a holistic reform package within the first six months of his government.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) what is your opinion on this matter
That's the issue. IK came into power respecting the current system. If he had come to power with all bets off (i.e., with the right to completely change how things are run), then a lot of powers would've kept him out.

It's exponentially more difficult, but the solution here might be to earn leadership of the country with everyone fully aware (i.e., army, judges, people, businesses, etc) that you're going to flip things around. Unfortunately, be it a fear of the unknown or investment in the status-quo, is society actually willing to change things?

I'd say there are a lot of folks like us who want things to change, but there are just as many who are sadly just too afraid of the unknown, are too ignorant to see the problem, or simply corrupt.

You can't force the change; once you die/leave, folks will reverse it all. So, we need some kind of popular buy-in/support from all segments of society to effect change.

I am against the Presidential System. Although its my own prefered type of governance. We have colonial time laws. If we change the system to presidential unitary it would be disastrous for the country. We need to gradually move forward. Boktiar is right we should have more provinces. To get rid of corrupt politicians and MNA, MPA we need to adopt the proportional representation. Also provinces should be increased to 28.
Local Government System and Bureaucracy at the district level should be reformed and Nazim should be the district head of Executive Branch. DCO office should be abandoned. City Islamabad type of apps should be launched round the country for provision of basic facilities like Domicile, Succession, Property Transfer, Criminal Record Clearance Certificates, Driving Licences, Vehicle Licenses. All should be brought online and should have a minimum time frame for provision.
Citizen Facilitation Centers like eKhidmat Markaz One window operation in Punjab should be replicated in every Tehsil of Pakistan. Subdivision should be abolished and instead Tehsils should have Assistant Commissioners and Tehsil Nazim. District needs to be abolished administratively and functions delegated to Tehsil Administration. Tehsildar and Main Tehsildar post should be abolished and his functions should be delegated to Registrar of Deeds and District Revenue Officer. District Audit Officer should also be appointed. Revenue Department should be separated from District Administration Department i.e Home Department.

Islami Nizam ley kar ao. Hor kuch ni.

Nothing else will solve this problem but a complete overhaul of the entire political system, most of all re-appointing all the judiciary on different criteria.

We are at a crossroads, let us push for Riyasat e Madinah in the genuine sense.

Islami Nizam ley kar ao. Hor kuch ni.

Nothing else will solve this problem but a complete overhaul of the entire political system, most of all re-appointing all the judiciary on different criteria.

We are at a crossroads, let us push for Riyasat e Madinah in the genuine sense.

you mean democratic islamic republic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom