What's new

President-elect Donald Trump- Mexico will reimburse American taxpayers for a new border wall

I think the policy of marginalizing a wonderful nation like Mexico will in end be negative for USA in general.

No. He did mention that free trade between the two countries benefits Mexico. He did seem to imply at one point that he would threaten to restrict trade in an attempt to force them to pay for the wall, but he wouldn't even commit to that.

However, they have not agreed to any such thing, even after his visit to the Mexican President.

Now he's laughably claiming that Mexico "will reimburse American taxpayers" for the wall, though they obviously have not agreed to any such thing. So, all we know for sure at this point is that American taxpayers will pay for the wall.

Quite a turnaround:

That's how he begins a negotiation, throw something wild out there and set a high bar, and then he recalculates and adjusts his position, the goal is always a great deal. In the end if he can improve trade with Mexico to the US' benefit and curb illegal immigration, it's still a win, even if the wall isn't built.

Don't get caught up in semantics, Trump is an extremely intelligent man, and people like his street fighter style. 8-)

That's how he begins a negotiation, throw something wild out there and set a high bar, and then he recalculates and adjusts his position, the goal is always a great deal. In the end if he can improve trade with Mexico to the US' benefit and curb illegal immigration, it's still a win, even if the wall isn't built.

So, you're saying he lied....

Don't get caught up in semantics, Trump is an extremely intelligent man, and people like his street fighter style. 8-)

He is intelligent when it comes to deceiving people and making false promises. That's what I dislike most about him. Not to mention that as a Manhattan billionaire he has done a great job convincing working-class whites that he will help them, despite his policies and Cabinet appointments thus far.

I do agree, though, that he has a brash, "fighter" style and some people really like it.

So, you're saying he lied....

He is intelligent when it comes to deceiving people and making false promises. That's what I dislike most about him. Not to mention that as a Manhattan billionaire he has done a great job convincing working-class whites that he will help them, despite his policies and Cabinet appointments thus far.

I do agree, though, that he has a brash, "fighter" style and some people really like it.
I'm saying a lot of peoples' perspective on him is skewed, zoom out to see the big picture..

Of course they like it, the guy called the Pope's comments on him a disgrace and his ratings went up lol

The man is a beast :smokin:

I'm saying a lot of peoples' perspective on him is skewed, zoom out to see the big picture..

Okay, but I don't like what I see in regards to the false promises he's made and who he's putting in charge to implement his ideas. They run contrary to what he promised in his campaign. I knew that was going to happen, of course, given that he's a part of the very same elite he railed against, and that he benefited from the very same policies he criticized in his campaign.

I would like nothing more than for him to prove me wrong and become a real champion for the working and middle classes. But thus far, he has done exactly the opposite.

The man is a beast :smokin:

And a liar, it seems. :)

Mexico is never going to pay for the wall. Of course, some of his die-hard supporters will never understand this. The blatant lying continues.
Maybe, but if he builds it and secures the border, it'd still be a worthwhile investment for the US aka a good deal.

Maybe, but if he builds it and secures the border, it'd still be a worthwhile investment for the US aka a good deal.

Maybe. I don't take issue with the fact he wants to build it---he said he wanted to during his campaign. But the fact that he blatantly lied over and over again by saying that Mexico would pay for the wall (it won't) is what I take issue with. He's going to build it on the backs of taxpayers, even if people might think that their money might be better spent elsewhere.

He made it sound as if the wall would be built free of cost, but it won't be. The mere fact that he lied about (and continues to lie about) an important campaign issue is quite troubling. What else will he lie about?

Maybe. I don't take issue with the fact he wants to build it---he said he wanted to during his campaign. But the fact that he blatantly lied over and over again by saying that Mexico would pay for the wall (it won't) is what I take issue with. He's going to build it on the backs of taxpayers, even if people might think that their money might be better spent elsewhere.

He made it sound as if the wall would be built free of cost, but it won't be. The mere fact that he lied about (and continues to lie about) an important campaign issue is quite troubling. What else will he lie about?
maybe he gets them to patrol and monitor their side of the wall :P

it's the end result he's after, you can call it lying but it's a means to an end for Trump.

it's the end result he's after, you can call it lying but it's a means to an end for Trump.

Well, the wall may indeed be built. I don't have a problem with that.

But we will end up paying for it if so, not Mexico. That's what I take issue with.

Well, the wall may indeed be built. I don't have a problem with that.

But we will end up paying for it if so, not Mexico. That's what I take issue with.
lol get used to it :enjoy:

but remember, him saying seemingly outrageous stuff and "lying" is a negotiation tactic.

Back
Top Bottom