What's new

Preparation for test

idealsome425

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AOA Members,

My friend is going to have a test for the posts of LDC/Data Entry operator soon, he is not sure about the organization where he applied as so far only the P O box is mentioned in all correspondence, however the positions offered by the organization made us believe that that might be related to law enforcement or similar departments.

Please suggest the best possible syllabus and test pattern for the above mentioned posts, he was advised to prepare for typing test, kindly also suggest what type of typing test should he expect?

Any other relevant information you think may be useful please share that too. Many Thanks

Regards:smart:

AOA Members,

My friend is going to have a test for the posts of LDC/Data Entry operator soon, he is not sure about the organization where he applied as so far only the P O box is mentioned in all correspondence, however the positions offered by the organization made us believe that that might be related to law enforcement or similar departments.

Please suggest the best possible syllabus and test pattern for the above mentioned posts, he was advised to prepare for typing test, kindly also suggest what type of typing test should he expect?

Any other relevant information you think may be useful please share that too. Many Thanks

Regards:smart:
you mind sharing the test date? it will help the future aspirants, also can you find out if the call was made to higher posts like DD, AD or inspector just curious because last time they held asi, si exams seperatly from dd, ad and inspector.
anyhow coming back to your questions than brother given the requirements for the said post, they require someone with good typing speed and knoweldge of MS Office for data entry operator.
so i guess they will check your short hand writing and then the typing speed, they might ask questions related to ms office, simple grammer / spelling test for. i doubt it if they ask you anything related to current affairs, but do prepare yourself on issues related to pakistan, not in depth though.
you can google tests for short hand.....best of luck, may you succeed....oh i mean YOUR FRIEND :smart:

you mind sharing the test date? it will help the future aspirants, also can you find out if the call was made to higher posts like DD, AD or inspector just curious because last time they held asi, si exams seperatly from dd, ad and inspector.
anyhow coming back to your questions than brother given the requirements for the said post, they require someone with good typing speed and knoweldge of MS Office for data entry operator.
so i guess they will check your short hand writing and then the typing speed, they might ask questions related to ms office, simple grammer / spelling test for. i doubt it if they ask you anything related to current affairs, but do prepare yourself on issues related to pakistan, not in depth though.
you can google tests for short hand.....best of luck, may you succeed....oh i mean YOUR FRIEND :smart:

Thanks Brother,
I asked from the friend about tests for other posts like DD,AD etc, he told me that when he received call they just informed him about his application of Data Entry operator shortlisted and time and venue etc, then after 1 hour or so he received call again from different number and they informed him that he has been shortlisted for LDC test and same venue and other details. In short for each position he applied for he received separate call and I told you already that calls received after 9PM '' Is this normal?'''

The he received an email next day and it was mentioned clearly in email that tests for the positions of Assistant, Steno,UDC,LDC and Data entry are going to be held same day same time same place. It means tests for DD, AD, Inspector etc might not going to held same day but the way the department quickly shortlisted and called for test gives signal that tests for all other positions are gonna held very soon. The test day he told me is this Saturday!

My friend did not apply for Steno or Assistant posts, I don't think he will have to give test for shorthand.... what do you think???

''You mentioned last time they held tests for asi,si exams separately,,,, who held exams for these posts separately????''

Thanks Brother,
I asked from the friend about tests for other posts like DD,AD etc, he told me that when he received call they just informed him about his application of Data Entry operator shortlisted and time and venue etc, then after 1 hour or so he received call again from different number and they informed him that he has been shortlisted for LDC test and same venue and other details. In short for each position he applied for he received separate call and I told you already that calls received after 9PM '' Is this normal?'''

The he received an email next day and it was mentioned clearly in email that tests for the positions of Assistant, Steno,UDC,LDC and Data entry are going to be held same day same time same place. It means tests for DD, AD, Inspector etc might not going to held same day but the way the department quickly shortlisted and called for test gives signal that tests for all other positions are gonna held very soon. The test day he told me is this Saturday!

My friend did not apply for Steno or Assistant posts, I don't think he will have to give test for shorthand.... what do you think???

''You mentioned last time they held tests for asi,si exams separately,,,, who held exams for these posts separately????''
oh ok i get it now, but am still surprised at the speed they did the shortlisting, and call was received after 9pm? that is really weird and now it is clear that it is non other than one of the leas,
well in the advertisement it is clearly mention that typing and short hand test will be taken for steno,ldc,udc, data entry op so yes be prepared.
last time tests were conducted by both mod and ib and in both cases they had seperate tests for admin posts, asi,si and ad dd

oh ok i get it now, but am still surprised at the speed they did the shortlisting, and call was received after 9pm? that is really weird and now it is clear that it is non other than one of the leas,
well in the advertisement it is clearly mention that typing and short hand test will be taken for steno,ldc,udc, data entry op so yes be prepared.
last time tests were conducted by both mod and ib and in both cases they had seperate tests for admin posts, asi,si and ad dd

Thank you brother,
I gathered information from friend he been there for the test almost 180-200 people from all over Pakistan presented and gave tests. He told that when he asked invigilator about organization he told him that it is a unit of PM Secretariat, one candidate told my friend that one of the invigilators is his family friend and he told that these tests are being held for ''NACTA''. Now ALLAH knows better which organization it is, anyways only one of the candidates got minimum speed limit in typing tests for UDC,DEO rest of the candidates some got 45,39,36,18,20 19 etc which are below required typing speed. What do you think their criteria would be to select candidates?? One more thing he told me that no other tests written/oral were held only short hand tests for Stenos and typing tests for LDC,UDC,DEO and that's it. The physical only tests for SI,ASI,Constables were held on 17/05/2013 ''no written tests'' at Police headquarters, ISBD.
The management took signature from each candidate after showing them printed results of their typing tests, now please give your views in the light of this detail.
Thank you

Regards

Thank you brother,
I gathered information from friend he been there for the test almost 180-200 people from all over Pakistan presented and gave tests. He told that when he asked invigilator about organization he told him that it is a unit of PM Secretariat, one candidate told my friend that one of the invigilators is his family friend and he told that these tests are being held for ''NACTA''. Now ALLAH knows better which organization it is, anyways only one of the candidates got minimum speed limit in typing tests for UDC,DEO rest of the candidates some got 45,39,36,18,20 19 etc which are below required typing speed. What do you think their criteria would be to select candidates?? One more thing he told me that no other tests written/oral were held only short hand tests for Stenos and typing tests for LDC,UDC,DEO and that's it. The physical only tests for SI,ASI,Constables were held on 17/05/2013 ''no written tests'' at Police headquarters, ISBD.
The management took signature from each candidate after showing them printed results of their typing tests, now please give your views in the light of this detail.
Thank you

Regards

Are you sure it was NACTA? you don't know about NACTA? that comes as a surprise to me, well it is new organization hence many people don't know about it.
I am happy that they have finally started working on NACTA. NACTA bill has been signed recently by President. actually NACTA stands for " National Counter-Terrorism Authority" apparently this is the only and first Counter Terrorism authority on Federal level, so expect some powers with this organization.
Coming back to your question if only one person was able to reach the required standard then depending on the number of seats they might have to lower the merit, which as you said I see coming so best of luck to your friend, I really hope they work on this Organization and do not ruin it as FIA.
Heck I was thinking just yesterday that this could be NACTA
As i mentioned it is new organization hence they are not focusing on the written tests for lower posts like SI,ASi and constable, they have shortlisted them based on their qualification and academic scores / marks, hence higher the marks in degree more are the chances to get selected for SI, ASI. Do not expect them to have a system in place like FIA, IB,ISI or NAB. it will change eventually with time but i believe this is the first time they have done recruitment like this, more people will be recruited from Police or other LEAs.
Best of luck to all those who appeared,
one more thing, they clearly mentioned in advertisement that after shortlisting of posts above bps 17 psychological test will be held for these posts.
Lets wait and see, please keep us updated, as i would like to discover more about this organization
@idealsome425 , here is something for you

http://tribune.com.pk/story/521863/what-nacta-can-do/

http://tribune.com.pk/story/521863/what-nacta-can-do/

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure it was NACTA? you don't know about NACTA? that comes as a surprise to me, well it is new organization hence many people don't know about it.
I am happy that they have finally started working on NACTA. NACTA bill has been signed recently by President. actually NACTA stands for " National Counter-Terrorism Authority" apparently this is the only and first Counter Terrorism authority on Federal level, so expect some powers with this organization.
Coming back to your question if only one person was able to reach the required standard then depending on the number of seats they might have to lower the merit, which as you said I see coming so best of luck to your friend, I really hope they work on this Organization and do not ruin it as FIA.
Heck I was thinking just yesterday that this could be NACTA
As i mentioned it is new organization hence they are not focusing on the written tests for lower posts like SI,ASi and constable, they have shortlisted them based on their qualification and academic scores / marks, hence higher the marks in degree more are the chances to get selected for SI, ASI. Do not expect them to have a system in place like FIA, IB,ISI or NAB. it will change eventually with time but i believe this is the first time they have done recruitment like this, more people will be recruited from Police or other LEAs.
Best of luck to all those who appeared,
one more thing, they clearly mentioned in advertisement that after shortlisting of posts above bps 17 psychological test will be held for these posts.
Lets wait and see, please keep us updated, as i would like to discover more about this organization

What Nacta can do – The Express Tribune

What Nacta can do – The Express Tribune

Thanks for the reply,
So you agree that it can be Nacta which advertised these posts??
Will the powers/authorities of Nacta be similar or as good as MI,ISI,IB???
I am not sure neither my friend that it is Nacta, it is just that a candidate at test venue told my cousin about this.
Is Nacta a career based organization for aspirants of organizations such as IB,ISI,FIA???

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply,
So you agree that it can be Nacta which advertised these posts??
Will the powers/authorities of Nacta be similar or as good as MI,ISI,IB???
I am not sure neither my friend that it is Nacta, it is just that a candidate at test venue told my cousin about this.
Is Nacta a career based organization for aspirants of organizations such as IB,ISI,FIA???
if nacta was said to your friend than it will be NACTA as many people dont know about it so only those will speak who know about it.
well relatively future of this organization is still in the grey area just like NAB.
NACTA was formed as LEA just like FIA but with focus on Counter Terrorism only ( same as NAB focus on white collar fraud) , the reason it was facing probelms for all these years because Mr. Rehman Malik wanted to keep it under Interior Min control just as Para Military forces , FIA, however other people on the board like DG IB, ISI, MI , PM argued that it should come under Direct control of PM just as other intel agencies. Keep this thing in mind NACTA is LEA / ATA not Intelligence agency. So you will enjoy same powers as any other agency, however do not expect too many perks / ayaashi / bribe as it is relatively a new Organization and has long way to go, it will nourish only if PM wants to eradicate Terrorism , if not then it will be kept in the dark as it has been kept int the past. btw it has been decided now that NACTA will work with PM not Interior Min
Just join and get experience , you will get a tag of working in a federal level lea, who knows you might get deputed to get a chance to work in other organizations

AOA Seniors and other Members,

It has been long since I started the thread and placed my queries related to P O Box 1981.

Has any member of friend/family of the member applied against any posts for P O Box 1981?? any update on the applications after test? My friend applied for posts and did not hear from P O Box 1981 after the written/typing test. Kindly share information accordingly.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom