Pre-islamic persian/scythian art : part 2

lycurgus-cup.jpg

640px-Parthian_king_ashur.jpg

Roman defeat , artist's impression

2309.jpg

Recovered_the_Stolen_Parthian_Head_from_Hatra.jpg

Parthian_Gilded_silver_MIHO_Museum5.jpg

Parthian_Gilded_silver_MIHO_Museum2.jpg

I thought i post it here , since i couldn't make my own thread , i found an article that proves Goths were essentially Scythians and that they indeed hailed from the steppes of central asia rather than the puny archipelago of Scandinavia, i will post the article when my post count reaches , until then

ec58174d657846ea665784ffb99e5541.jpg

c1efafbe8c29db7b25e4f9edfd880ff6.jpg

fb032b2efd5c26b4caaac41256644dac.jpg

2tr_enl.jpg

skythianchief.jpg

an example of gothic art :

h5_38.180.jpg

I thought i post it here , since i couldn't make my own thread , i found an article that proves Goths were essentially Scythians and that they indeed hailed from the steppes of central asia rather than the puny archipelago of Scandinavia, i will post the article when my post count reaches , until then

ec58174d657846ea665784ffb99e5541.jpg

c1efafbe8c29db7b25e4f9edfd880ff6.jpg

fb032b2efd5c26b4caaac41256644dac.jpg

2tr_enl.jpg

skythianchief.jpg

an example of gothic art :

h5_38.180.jpg

how about instead of trying to link people in the past to fufill some racist narrative you could instead try to figure out wether the hanging gardens of babylon existed. Much more productive use of time don't you think?

Scythians were not Persians. Greek historians Herodotus, Plutarch, Jewish Josephus even Roman historians wrote about them extensively about them. They served as mercenaries. Lived north of Caucasus(Southern Russia) in the region between Black sea to central Asia (even beyond Urals).

Excellent mercenary soldiers for competing kingdoms.
Scythia-Parthia_100_BC.png

They were not Persian but Iranic. At least that is a general consensus. Though some say they may have been also a mix of Turkic. Either way they influenced most of us.

They were not Persian but Iranic. At least that is a general consensus. Though some say they may have been also a mix of Turkic. Either way they influenced most of us.
Yeah, they might have been a mix of Turkic and Iranic people(as far as i can tell).
I don't know much about them though. I cannot comment on the links with Germans/Goths/Scandis etc

Yeah, they might have been a mix of Turkic and Iranic people(as far as i can tell).

you are looking at their history from a modern perspective , in other words , you have got it the other way around ; what wikipedia tells you , the turkic tribes were already closing in on scythians and later their onslaught was complete with the mongols , i'm not a history expert nor an archeologist , i'm merely interested in the history of "scythians" and if they indeed existed in the cetral asian steppes as a distinct people or if it's all a lie and western fantasy indeed.

I don't know much about them though. I cannot comment on the links with Germans/Goths/Scandis etc

i'm not trying to link iranians with germans at all , that's not what i said ; the article that i found tries to prove that the so called Historic Goths (not the gothic sublculture) were indeed scythian people who raided into europe from their homeland , it's not about proving ties between germans and iranians .. that's just mere hypocricy . Most online sources would tell you that Goths were originated in Scandenavia , i believe that is not the case.

how about instead of trying to link people in the past to fufill some racist narrative you could instead try to figure out wether the hanging gardens of babylon existed. Much more productive use of time don't you think?

i'm not trying to fulfill a racist void in myself , instead i'm trying to learn more about the history of a place and people that hasn't been given much thought and effort. Much thought and effort has already been given to the hanging gardens of Babylon and it has not been proved yet.

If you ask me , personally i think it's what the jews have written and talked about , nothing more nothing less , because their history is tied with that region. Prophet Abraham (PSU) was also from iraq, if you ask me i would say that Cyrus wasn't a messiah to the jews either , cause if he was why would he exile them to the land of israel ?!

more so over , this "racist" dabble is from the american vocabulary of politics , it has no place in common sense ; there is nothing racist about central asian hords migrating or attacking europe , if you take a look at Donald J Trump's wife you 'd realize there's no europe , only a Eurasia

Again iranic itself is a broad term , just like persian itself , a century from now and there might be no such term as "Iranic" spoken among historians. And they did influence all of us like you pointed out the history of iran indeed starts with the scythians.

Persian race is a father of many races ...in modern age Persian related races are kurds, Balochs, Pashtuns, Tajiks, Lurs, Farsis, Gilaks, & mazdaranis , Jat tribe of india & Pakistan

Latest posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom