What's new

Prahaar missile test fired successfully

What's so great about prahar?:undecided: we already have a large variety of missiles.

we have missiles of this class ages ago... have u heard about Hatf-2 Abdali ? anyway ... just be happy about your countrys achivement and don't be flamy here

Well You guys were jumping around coming out with all sort of fantasies when Nasr was test fired. So pls, be what you advise then try for other.

we have missiles of this class ages ago... have u heard about Hatf-2 Abdali ? anyway ... just be happy about your countrys achivement and don't be flamy here

Is Hatf 2 a multi launcher battlefield weapon..I don't think so and if yes then why did you develop Nasr?

Well You guys were jumping around coming out with all sort of fantasies when Nasr was test fired. So pls, be what you advise then try for other.

yea you guys jump too.. its a good thing...praise urself and your weapons.. be happy ... but ... don't try to ignate things here. as far we do the same thing... yea some of us do... no one appericates that... so just chill all u guys n ... admire this fascinating thing of urs

Is Hatf 2 a multi launcher battlefield weapon..I don't think so and if yes then why did you develop Nasr?

O come on... its no biggie... any missile can be made ... multi launcher... that is nothing to brag about

O come on... its no biggie... any missile can be made ... multi launcher... that is nothing to brag about

And how do you plan to do that ..you can not reduce the size of the missile..are you planning to induct a vehicle big enough ..that can carry 6 Hatf missiles..pray how big would that vehicle be ..but it still won't be battlefield weapon ..having quick reaction shoot and scoot capabilities.

It is possible to use a "compact & lighter" version of Prahaar as an air launched missile from MKI's
MK

And how do you plan to do that ..you can not reduce the size of the missile..are you planning to induct a vehicle big enough ..that can carry 6 Hatf missiles..pray how big would that vehicle be ..but it still won't be battlefield weapon ..having quick reaction shoot and scoot capabilities.

Nop! size of Hatf-2 is not that huge! it can easily be placed into silos! even china have placed M-11 in launch tubes which are much bulkier, heavier and longer than Hatf-2... thats not the point anyway .... its a lovely looking system and i'm surealso the capable one.... the point was to lets not get drawn in comaprisons ... u have things so do we...so just celebrate in a manner which doesn't get ugly here...

What's so great about prahar?:undecided: we already have a large variety of missiles.
Because if we use Prithvi , we must have spent a lot more than needed in making it.
I mean it would be a loss to us for using 300km range against 100 km target. So it is new class missile.
If it is MRBL, it will have less accuracy and payload need to be compromised on range.

'Prahaar’- New Surface To Surface Tactical Missile Successfully Launched

ITR_0090.jpg

ITR_0089.jpg

ITR_0086.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

DRDO successfully flight tested its latest surface to surface Missile `PRAHAAR’ at 08.20 A.M on 21st July 2011 from Launch Complex III, off Chandipur Coast, ITR, Balasore, Orissa. The Missile with a range of 150 kms, comparable to ATACMS Missile of United States of America, fills the vital gap between Multi Barrel Rockets and Medium range Ballistic Missiles. The Missile capable of carrying different types of warheads, operates as battle field support system to the Indian Army.

The Missile with a length of 7.3 meters and diameter of 420 mm weighing 1280 kgs, and a single stage solid propulsion system goes to a height of 35 kms before reaching the targets of the range of 150 kms in about 250 seconds. The Missile equipped with state of the art high accuracy navigation, guidance and electro mechanical actuation systems with latest onboard computer achieved terminal accuracy of less than 10 meters.

The Missile with a pay load of 200 kgs has a fast reaction time, which is essential for the battle field tactical missile. The Missile is launched from a Road Mobile System, which can carry six missiles at a time and can be fired in salvo mode in all directions covering the entire azimuth plane.

The Missile system is developed to provide Indian Army a cost effective, quick reaction, all weather, all terrain, high accurate battle field support tactical system. The development of Missile is carried out by the DRDO Scientists in a short span of less than two years.

The flight path of the Missile was tracked and monitored by the various Radar systems and Electro Optical systems located along the coast of Orissa. An Indian Naval ship located near target point in Bay of Bengal witnessed the final event. The Missile was developed by the DRDO Scientists with support from Indian Industry and Quality assurance agency MSQAA.
The launch operations were witnessed by Dr. V.K. Saraswat, Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri and Secretary Defence R & D, Lt Gen Vinod Nayanar, AVSM, Director General of Artillery, IHQ of MoD (Army). The operations were over seen by Shri Avinash Chander, Chief Controller R&D, Shri VLN Rao, Programme Director AD, Shri SK Ray, Director RCI, and Shri SP Dash, Director ITR.

DPR-DRDO

Changing and Mature attitude of Sparky urf Bunny:tup:

Because if we use Prithvi , we must have spent a lot more than needed in making it.
I mean it would be a loss to us for using 300km range against 100 km target. So it is new class missile.
If it is MRBL, it will have less accuracy and payload need to be compromised on range.

One thing if i may add... Prithvi is nuclear capable missile... whereas Prahar seems to be a conventional system as it can carry just 200Kgs!!!

One thing if i may add... Prithvi is nuclear capable missile... whereas Prahar seems to be a conventional system as it can carry just 200Kgs!!!

Prithvi is not being phased out. Prahaar will replace SS-150 Prithvi only, thats it.

And no, Prahaar can carry an atomic warhead, although of a smaller yield.

wow...With advent of these systems in both armies... battlefield will go really ugly... these system will make sure that peace remains the most viable option between us....

Prahaar is a gift from DRDO’s 3rd generation scientists: Saraswat

DRDO chief Saraswat had a crucial review meeting of a sensitive project in South India on Monday. His team members were ready with a PPT containing the project update. To their surprise, he cancelled the meeting at the last moment and headed straight away to Balasore. The reason: “It was important for me to be with my team,” he said.
Shortly after Thursday’s maiden launch of Prahaar, an elated Saraswat spoke to Tarmak007. “Prahaar is state-of-the-art in terms of missile technology. It has a great potential to be used by the Indian Army as a battlefield support tactical missile. It can engage different targets at a time,” Sarsawat said.
When asked about DRDO’s decision to go-ahead with the Prahaar project without government sanction, Saraswat said: “It is our own technology development project and we did it in record time. The Army is extremely happy with today’s result. We are confident that the sanctions will follow soon. This is the DRDO I have been wanting for a long time. Your performance must speak always,” Saraswat said.
“It was such a delight watching this launch. It was really great and I am not exaggerating. We will have some more tests coming up, considering this was a maiden demonstration for the user,” the DRDO chief said.
The DRDO chief, who always prefers to reach the launch site in Balasore on a speed-boat, leaving the comforts of a VIP vessel, said that the whole missile was developed by scientists, below 35 years of age. “Be it the controls, navigation, propulsion, guidance, system engineering or structures – it is DRDO’s 3rd generation scientists who developed Prahaar. I am delighted to say that it is their gift to India,” Saraswat said.

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Prahaar is a gift from DRDO’s 3rd generation scientists: Saraswat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom