What's new

Prahaar missile test fired successfully

Prahaar can take out Nasr's batteries well off from 150 Km and Nasr cannot even reach Prahaar as it is only 60 Km range. Prahaar's CEP is in single digit.

Cold start back on the table. Jai Ho!!

Prahar will take 3-4 years of testing at the most.Everything except the Trishul SAM developed by DRDO have been successful and all of them are among the best of their class.But I don't blame you for your mindset,it's your madrasas to be blamed.
By the way,I hope your army is as ignorant as you guys are,because then it will be much easier to pulverise them for our armed forces.
REGARDS....
Ohh DRDO you have done it again, first they develop prithvi missile, then they converted it into interceptor missile, now after some upgradation they have converted it into Prahaar rocket, after some modification i am sure they will be able to fire it from Bofors or insas.......:rofl:

Ohh DRDO you have done it again, first they develop prithvi missile, then they converted it into interceptor missile, now after some upgradation they have converted it into Prahaar rocket, after some modification i am sure they will be able to fire it from Bofors or insas.......:rofl:

We should have gone your way. Easy and simple. Bend over, some love making between Generals and North Koreans, and then begging and oh, painting them all into green. Cool, I like it. :tup:

Every journos are making the same mistake-'omni directional warheads'.Mostly SAMs and AAMs are equipped with this kind of warheads.What Dr V.K.Saraswat had told was that the Prahar missiles will be fired verticaly from their canisters omnidirectionaly,which means the missiles are omni directional,not the warheads.
REGARDS....
Right! There seems to be a lot of confusion about 'omni directional warheads'. There's no such thing, by the way!

The missile has the capability of delivering warheads by omni-directional means (just as the BrahMos does). In other words, Prahaar which will be vertically launched, can be aimed at any target in an omni-directional manner, unlike the MBRL launchers that have to be aligned to the target area prior to firing.

And what the.....Just ONE troll on this thread so far?? Sheeesh! This is turning out to be a damp squib. :cheesy:

Cheers!

Wow, congrat ! Indian bro , that so good, pls sell her to VietNam also :cheers: :tup:

The doors are never closed for you my brother, always open... We can share it, if possible with TOT.

that make 769.23 m/s , make it nearly 2.25 Mach. which is too good for 1st test and quite enough for 150 km range.

The speed is different at different ranges. AAD n which Prahaar is based has speed of Mach 4.5. When Prahaar hitting the target I think its speed is more then Mach 4.

congratulation u got the best troller of the day award :taz:

this song is dedicated for u " bhag bhag dk bose dk bose dk bose bhag bhag dk bose dk bhag "

Prahar battlefield missile will be an excellant weapon due to its extremely short responce time and the 'shoot and scoot' capability.When fitted with fuel-air explosives,nepalm or cargo warheads Prahar can be very usefull against the enemy infanty forces in the open;they can also be used against hardened bunkers by using armor pierceing warheads with their pinpoint accuracy and hipersonic velocity;They can also be used against enemy armored forces by using anti tank bomblets-all of these warhead configurations are available with Pinaka and Smerch MBRLs,so twicking the warhead configuration of Prahar should not be a problem.
But the most valuable use of Prahar in my view will be counter battery fire against pakistany 155mm medium artillery guns and specially the A 100 mbrl with 100 km range as the indian artillery is presently behind (slightly) and with the range,accuracy and speed Prahar can easily destroy the pakistani artillery while keeping itself out of their reach.By using UAVs fitted with SAR and lesser designators the a single Prahar vehicle with 6 missiles armed with laser guided claster bomblets can take out atleast two whole batteries of enemy artillery.So,it seems atlast IA is getting a truely multyrole weapon that can cover all aspect of ground warfare with same efficiency with this Prahar missiles.Truely a fabulous work by DRDO.We are all proud of you guys.
REGARDS....

From Insas to some one's A$$$$
:cheesy: Sound's good

Your ignorance is laughing at you. If you do not know , it is better keeping mouth shut rather than becoming laughing stock.

Comparison with other similar tactical missiles:

Prahaar (India)

Range: 150 km
Weight: ~1280 kg
Warhead: 200 kg
Accuracy: less than 10 meter.
Feature: quick reaction, all terrain, road mobile, canisterised , maintenance free, single stage solid fuel rocket with high accuracy and maneuverability. Cost effective. Six missiles per launcher can be fired in salvo mode at different targets.

ATACMS MGM-164 (US)

Range: 140 km
Weight: 1480 kg
Warhead: 268 kg
Two missiles per launcher.
Features: road mobile, canisterised , single stage solid fuel rocket with high accuracy and maneuverability.

4301_20070582128.jpg

EXTRA (Israel)

Range: 150 km
Weight: ~
Warhead: 120 kg
Four missiles per launcher.
Features: road mobile, canisterised , maintenance free, single stage solid fuel rocket with high accuracy and maneuverability. Cost effective.

491fe8.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom