What's new

Power generation hits all-time high in Bangladesh

Part of the reason for low energy consumption.

Bangladesh’s LEED-certified green factory jumps to 167​

POST BY
RMG Bangladesh
-
Aug 31, 2022

Bangladesh’s green factory revolution reached a landmark of 50 Platinum and 103 LEED Gold.​

The United States Green Building Council (USGBC) has recognized two more readymade garments (RMG) factories of Bangladesh as green – LEED Certified, raising the total number of environment-friendly establishments in the apparel sector to 167.

In the newest addition, Jeans Plus Ltd. located in Savar achieved Gold Certification by earning 73 Points. While Mehnaz Styles & Craft Ltd. Located in Tongabari achieved Gold Certification by earning 61 Points.

LEED-certification-e1661668908838.png

Jeans Plus Ltd. is having four production floors each floor with an area of 78,000 square feet built on a land area of 1981 square meters, to accommodate current needs & future growth. The structural compliance of the building has been certified by a number of foreign and local organizations including ACCORD.

Green building in Bangladesh’s perspective has touched an unparalleled height as the country has the highest number of LEED green garment factories- 167 factories, with 50 platinum-rated, 103 gold-rated, 10 silver-rated, and 4 LEED Certified.

Notably, Out of the top 10 USGBC LEED certified factories, 7 are in Bangladesh.

LEED Certified Green buildings are becoming a norm in Bangladesh as many builders are opting to construct energy-efficient, low-maintenance buildings.
This concept unexceptionally complements modern architectural designs by allowing ample energy savings and adequate natural light. In addition, it is high time that Bangladesh implements this concept in its construction industry.

@villageidiot @waz

Clickbait thread. Every good title is related to bangladesh. I came here thinking of Pakistan
A bit confused, IDK if the title has been changed because it does say Bangladesh now.

Please derive a solution for us to properly identify BD threads and they should have a prefix in title with ‘BD’
Yes, perhaps use a two or three letter prefix based on the forum or the country/location of OP.

I’m gonna leave this to my aquamen bangladeshi brethren
:lol:

@villageidiot @waz

Clickbait thread. Every good title is related to bangladesh. I came here thinking of Pakistan

Please derive a solution for us to properly identify BD threads and they should have a prefix in title with ‘BD’

I’m gonna leave this to my aquamen bangladeshi brethren
It literally says underneath the thread title which sub-forum it belongs to:
Screenshot_20230416_185045_Chrome.jpg

@villageidiot @waz

you should treat your eyes on emergency basis. Haven't you seen the words 'Bangladesh' in the heading? and this thread is posted under 'Bangladesh Defence Forum' tag underneath it? Nothing captured your eyes except 'Power generation hits all time high' this selective portion?

View attachment 924961
Why even to look at underneath when the headline itself contains the word 'Bangladesh' ?

Last edited:
Why even to look at underneath when the headline itself contains the word 'Bangladesh' ?
I assumed that was added afterwards. I have seen quite a few Pakistani members make similar complaints. Maybe instead of ridiculing Bengalis for consuming fish, they should have some themselves to improve eyesight and start noticing the sub-forum tag underneath thread titles listed on the "What's new" page.

I assumed that was added afterwards. I have seen quite a few Pakistani members make similar complaints. Maybe instead of ridiculing Bengalis for consuming fish, they should have some themselves to improve eyesight and start noticing the sub-forum tag underneath thread titles listed on the "What's new" page.
No, it was not added after. I myself copy-pasted the source headline for OP post which contains the word 'Bangladesh'. Here is the source-

But, perhaps most Pakistanis are not aware that eating fish improves their eyesight. After all, they are meat eaters. Pakistan should import various fishes from Bangladesh.

Bangladeshis are very climate conscious, they believe in conservation of energy.

That's why their metros run only 4hrs- 6hrs a day.

That's the secret juice of their low consumption of.... almost everything.
Metro rail is running for 6 hours now because DMTCL has not enough trained manpower to run it full-time yet. They have a mismatch of six months between the inauguration date and training sufficient manpower to run Metro train full time. It will run for 18 hours per day from July 2023.

Maybe BD can export some power to our NE states. Which reduces power loses during transmission for both countries

View attachment 924961
Idk where that is from? Here's what I see. Live bookmarks. A list of the most recently updated/created threads. Update whenever there's a new thread or new post on existing threads. There's checkmarks on threads I have already viewed. I am sure many people use this . No indication, except the title.

1681661243335.png

@StormBreaker , seems we've stirred the hornets' nest. :lol:
To bengali brothers, I assure you this is not a troll. It's a genuine problem. I've shared mine above. I don't know how many other people have the same

@StormBreaker , seems we've stirred the hornets' nest. :lol:
To bengali brothers, I assure you this is not a troll. It's a genuine problem. I've shared mine above. I don't know how many other people have the same
There is a pattern here.

This Stormbreaker guy logs in once a month, comments on only 2-3 threads and one of them is always a Bangladeshi thread in which he starts whining about 'getting confused' about Bangladeshi news being Pakistani. Next thing you know others start discussing the same crap aka mudslinging. Don't join the band wagon.

There is a pattern here.

This Stormbreaker guy logs in once a month, comments on only 2-3 threads and one of them is always a Bangladeshi thread in which he starts whining about 'getting confused' about Bangladeshi news being Pakistani. Next thing you know others start discussing the same crap aka mudslinging. Don't join the band wagon.
I know he's rarely on here these days but he was a legit dude.

I don't think he's stirring up trouble. But, funny thing, he made a thread talking about the same issue and I also had this gripe so that's when I finally joined the forum and my first post was about this on that thread.

So, even if you find him annoying, you can overlook that and thank him for making grace this forum with my presence :D

Just as an example Bangladesh boasts world's largest number of "green" factories with lowest carbon footprints (all LEEDS certified).
Can't find any source confirming the same...
41zztfY
41PlKlJ

What I have seen that Bangladesh people hardly use electrical appliances - although it is quite common nowadays for village households to have refrigerators, microwaves. aircons and televisions which are rather more efficient because they were recent purchases.
All these things in a village household?

Back
Top Bottom