What's new

Power and capability Show of Al-Khalid Tank, Bahawalpur

Arsalan

THINK TANK CHAIRMAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
November 08, 2010The new entrant in the Armoured Core pf Pak-Army, Al-Khalid made an exceptional show of power and war capabilities in Bahawalpur, APakistanNews.Com reported on Monday.
17468_41948337_big.jpg

The Corps Commander Bahawalpur Lt. General Naeem Khalid Lodhi said on the occassion that Pak-Army is capable of facing all types of challenges. The Corps Copmmander was addressing Pakistan Rangers in Kahirpur Tamianwali near Bahawalpur. He said that we (the Army) should reamin active and alert to keep pace with the rapidly occurring changes. The Corps Commander also witnessed the exceptional capabilities and power of Al-Khalid tank. General Officer Commanding Major General Wajid Hussain was also present on the occasion.
Bahawalpur: Power and Capability show of Al-Khalid tank | Pakistan News Time

a great machine for Pakistan Army.
:pakistan:

I think PA stopped on AK1. Not producing more. Just keeping it to minimum deterrence. because there is no point of producing AK1 when we have AK2 in the pipeline.

My opinion. You are not allowed to disagree :D

I think PA stopped on AK1. Not producing more. Just keeping it to minimum deterrence. because there is no point of producing AK1 when we have AK2 in the pipeline.
no we havent, the rate of production is quite slow, around 50 tanks per year but it have not stopped. the reason for slow production is financial contrains.
the AK-II will further strengthen the armoured wing on PA but the AK-I in its current configration is capable enough to meet any thing the enemy has to offer,,,

My opinion. You are not allowed to disagree :D
oh sorry, i read that in the end and by that time i had typed my poont of view!! ;)

600 AK1s are required (~350 in service)
and then another 600AK11 are required for a total of 1200 AKs - small batch production taking place due to budget availability.

india a having 1600 T-90 within 2020 and upgrading T-72 and also producing arjun . pakistan should have same 1600 ak-I and then in future ak-II with more improvement to make a balance armourd fleet.

if we compare tanks with india.. good news is , 90% of their tanks face night blindness, and almost all of them required serious upgrades..

currently they are big burden on their army lol.

Al-Khalid is a good tank. But i'm waiting for AK2....once the upgraded version is complete then there is no need to produce AK1 as AK2 will become the main battle tank of PA.

if we compare tanks with india.. good news is , 90% of their tanks face night blindness, and almost all of them required serious upgrades..

currently they are big burden on their army lol.

they have started to solve their blindness problem which will take 5000 crore rupee .

600 AK1s are required (~350 in service)
and then another 600AK11 are required for a total of 1200 AKs - small batch production taking place due to budget availability.

Thanks for the update sir,
the earlier word was that PA want to induct 1200 AK-I and later on procees with production of AK-II.

now as you stated we want to induct 600 AK-I then it will be done by end of next year i guess.
it was reported some time back that PA have got 500 AK-I and we also learnt that these are being produced in small batches of 50 per year.
by this calculation we see AK-II very soon.

however there is another possibility, we may be going for basic Al-Khalid and now producing the so called AK-I with better crew survival kit and increased capacity for ammunition. we all have discussed this upgrade and it is now in production with name AK-I. this will mean that we will be sticking to AK and AK-I for some time and the AK-II will come later on, not after first 600 tanks are produced. what do you suggest?

regards!

Back
Top Bottom