What's new

Possible steps to counter the rising threat from IAF ?

Klimov :: Production :: Aircraft Program :: RD-33 family

i dunno what the argument is about...if the MIG29s can use the same engine and india is happy with it then why all drama....and the MIG35 is going to use an advanced version...what is the problem...

Mr.Hasnain2009 says jf-17 has got modified rd-33 or rd-93 and is resulting in higher thrust due to the modification but jf-17.com says THE MOST SIGNIFICANT change in rd-93 from the basic rd-33 is the repositioning of the gearbox and hence ironman is trying to say that there will be no significant increase in thrust output because of the repositioning of the gearbox.....

we are satisfied with the performance of the older engines but i think the after the mig-29 upgrades RD-33MK sea wasp will be integrated on the aircraft as we are already producing them locally which has higher thrust output .....

so the point is WHAT IS BETTER FOR PAF and it has been answered :mod::mod::mod:
LETS CLOSE THIS THREAD
:mod::mod::mod:

According to the Klimov website, the RD-33 family of engines have thrust ranging from 8000 - 9000 kgf.

Clearly, we see that different models have different thrusts. Just for comparison

8000 kgf = (8000 * 9.807) = 78.5 KN
9000 kgf = (8000 * 9.807) = 88.3 KN

The reported thrust of 84.4 for RD-93 and 81.3 for RD-33 represents an increase of just 3.7%. So yes, that is not the most significant change.

PC, i think the sabers were the frontline jets that were being used by U.S itself... like f35s or f15 etc nowadays.. so they were definately qualitative.

either your military fighter jet vocabulary is very short or you do not know USAF inventory history.
Ever heard of F-105 Thunderchief, F-4 Phantom, A-4 skyhawk, and F-5 Freedom fighter, they were USAF front line fleet in 1960s, F-86 were pretty much phased out or entered in reserved fleet. i dont even know how F-86 fits your F-35 F-15 analogy. heck even A-1H Skyraider had more practical use in USAF fleet during Vietnam war then F-86.

The only time PAF had technical advantage over IAF was in 1980s.

once indians get a taste of american systems, they might change there mind on f35s afterall they want to stand against the might of china... i have my fingers crossed though
f35 at that time will be far more advanced / mature platform then jxx

you just love guessing game dont you..?

Mr.Hasnain2009 says jf-17 has got modified rd-33 or rd-93 and is resulting in higher thrust due to the modification but jf-17.com says THE MOST SIGNIFICANT change in rd-93 from the basic rd-33 is the repositioning of the gearbox and hence ironman is trying to say that there will be no significant increase in thrust output because of the repositioning of the gearbox.....

we are satisfied with the performance of the older engines but i think the after the mig-29 upgrades RD-33MK sea wasp will be integrated on the aircraft as we are already producing them locally which has higher thrust output .....

so the point is WHAT IS BETTER FOR PAF and it has been answered :mod::mod::mod:
LETS CLOSE THIS THREAD
:mod::mod::mod:

to begin with JF-17 is not even a official website and even i can go and make SUPER DUPER JF-17 website and claim this and that... PAF is only gonna settle with 50 RD-93 and i wouldnt be suprised if JF-17 with more powerful engine enters service before IAF LCA first batch in 2011... PAF is already seeking or in possess of acquisition of French SNECMA engine "M53" or even WS-13.

to begin with JF-17 is not even a official website and even i can go and make SUPER DUPER JF-17 website and claim this and that... PAF is only gonna settle with 50 RD-93 and i wouldnt be suprised if JF-17 with more powerful engine enters service before IAF LCA first batch in 2011... PAF is already seeking or in possess of acquisition of French SNECMA engine "M53" or even WS-13.

sir i was not the one to quote the website and this thread is certainly off topic
:mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod:

now a days pakistan needs both quantity and quality for better air force............!

Now the time has changed. Its not 1965-1971 era. Indian Air Force has Su 30MK and Mirage 2000H. We should not forget their performance in Kargil conflict. Whatever the factors were behind that but the fact is that, we did not used our Air power. Furthermore they are going for more 126 modern, sophisticated, state of the art fighter jets. We must stick to JF-17 and J-10B. We lack BVR missels and till now we don't have SD-10, Aim 120 C-5 in service. Furthermore there are no sign of contracts by PAF to buy MBDA-MICA, A&R-Darter series missels till now. Although we went through series of upgrades in form of Rose I/II/III for Mirage Avionics & cockpit (radar: P2800-Grifo-M) renamed Grifo-7 and also for F-7P and F-7PG fighter. This radar has a look-down shot-down range of 17-20 nm (20-23 mi, 32-37 km) & with this radar in present scenario our Air force would face problems. we must reevaluate our needs. Although our pilots are skillful, very well trained and better than indians and lot of things are also for PAF are in pipeline. we should try to get hands on Thomson-CSF RDY (RDY-2 Radar Doppler Multi-target) radar, SNECMA M53-P2, MBDA-MICA, A&R-Darter series missels for JF-17 and should start with transfer of technology under license production in Kamra. We need Quality and Quantitiy both for PAF to form a reasonable future force.

Now the time has changed. Its not 1965-1971 era. Indian Air Force has Su 30MK and Mirage 2000H. We should not forget their performance in Kargil conflict.

We need Quality and Quantitiy both for PAF to form a reasonable future force.

hold on champ, do some research, PAF did not participate in kargil conflict, so is blowin a camp on the top of the mountain tells about the performance of the aircraft, whilst not facing any air-to-air combat neither any sam's:what:

Quantity and quality will only come with a strong economy, a strong economy comes with political stability, and political stability comes when one looks towards the Country's needs not its own, only then u can overcome all the problems faced to date.:smokin:

Last edited:
How we can make PAF strong? We can make PAF strong by doing analysis and comparing our merits and demerits with indians. If we will not compare ourself with india, we cannot make PAF strong. Always remember never take your enemy easy. They have Qunatity with BVR missel cabability, better radars + some good aircrafts in form of Su 30MK and Mirage 2000H. We also require BVR missels and better radars and how nice it would be if we can make this all in country like Agosta 90 B or like RAAD, Babur, like other missels (shaheen, Ghauri missel) and like JF-17. We will go towards selfreliance by doing so and also acheive quality and quanatity.

Hi Sohailbutt,

Blowing up an enemy camp on top of a mountain like kargil is more difficult than blowing one up at sea level. Take a wild guess why!!!

hold on champ, do some research, PAF did not participate in kargil conflict, so is blowin a camp on the top of the mountain tells about the performance of the aircraft, whilst not facing any air-to-air combat neither any sam's:what:

Quantity and quality will only come with a strong economy, a strong economy comes with political stability, and political stability comes when one looks towards the Country's needs not its own, only then u can overcome all the problems faced to date.:smokin:

whn your army was at war in kargil why did PAF not support ground troops ?

:cheers:

whn your army was at war in kargil why did PAF not support ground troops ?

:cheers:

Because we were not directly involved in the conflict in literal sense. Had we done that, there was a high degree of a chance that we may end up in an aerial conflict with the IAF therefore widening the conflict.

Though imo we should have supported.

Back
Top Bottom