What's new

Possible Iran-Qatar Mega project....Persian gulf undersea tunnel

My friend...I checked Google Earth today just to set the record clear ...Persian gulf at its widest point is around 350 km and at its shortest point is about 70 km...

Qatar to Iran on a straight line like that you depicted is roughly 195 km
Use google earth and the ruler function you get the result...I do know what map system you are using but may be you want to check it out..

My picture is from Google Earth, I dont know why it is measuring differently.

190km is still a hige distance plus it will be deeper than the channel tunnel which was already difficult to construct for two of the worlds leading engineering nations.

Things change certainly, but the need to pump gas to Asia will never change.

KSA is calling the shots in Qatari and Iranian maritime zones? Since when?

The only thing I can agree with you, is the feasibility of this project may be too difficult to finance.

GCC is ruled and dominated by KSA. Qatar only exists because of Western (British and US protection) otherwise it would have become a part of Saudi Arabia a long time ago. Like it was for millenia in the sense that the area that makes up Qatar today was ruled by dynasties and rulers originating from modern-day KSA. All native Qataris are from KSA too originally, mainly Najd, including the ruling Al-Thani family. Same goes for Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait.

The West (British empire) divided Eastern Arabia due to fearing the emergence of a oil and gas monster entity emerging. If the GCC was 1 single country, it would hold the most oil and gas by far of any nation on the planet.

Lastly as I already wrote the likelihood of this project emerging is as likely as Pakistan and India becoming best friends tomorrow.

90% of all trade is sea based, Qatar has no need for a physical connection to Iran. They can use KSA and Iraq to reach the European market by land or the Arab route all the way to Morocco and from there Western Europe through Spain. If the small market of Central Asia is needed there is the Pakistani or Azerbaijani route.

My picture is from Google Earth, I dont know why it is measuring differently.

190km is still a hige distance plus it will be deeper than the channel tunnel which was already difficult to construct for two of the worlds leading engineering nations.

190 km underwater tunnel :lol:

Who even invents such nonsense news?

Back
Top Bottom