What's new

Positive News Reports

Tshering22

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Dear PDF management and members,

On PDF, we discuss a lot of things ranging from defence to foreign policy and even cultural and religious aspects. Being a very intense and multi-national forum, we often get passionate and end up in heated debates with name calling and what not.

Also in a subconscious attempt to belittle each other, we often rain down news reports which are often negative and depict only the dark side of every country - whether it is Japan, China, India, Pakistan, Russia, Israel, UAE, Iran, Saudi,Turkey or any other country that we discuss here. When people read a lot of updates and participate in debates, after some time, there is a negative burn-out period and the forum develops a rather grim environment online.

Negativity is also the mantra taking by all news channels regardless of the country, as it increases their viewership compared to positive news on achievements and development.

We do have a smatter of good updates here and there but the whole bad to good ratio stands at around 80:20.

I humbly welcome suggestions where we all members, irrespective of our country of origin, can also post good news reports about each others' countries as well as our own countries. This could range from some sort of major environmental development project, some charitable activity, public welfare related development or achievements in non-military scientific areas and innovation which can improve people's lives.

I am sure no matter what is the image of any of our countries here and around the world, we all have a lot of positive news and developments as well which can make us feel proud not only as people of different countries but as humans.

Therefore, I welcome suggestions from each and everyone of you on how we can make this forum a news centre for good news from all of our countries.

Thanks,

Tshering Denzongpa

Back
Top Bottom