What's new

Poll: Would the GHQ abandon Pakistan's nuclear programme?

Would the GHQ abandon Pakistan's nuclear programme?

• Total voters
They would never do it.

But I also wonder if the US already has people on the ground who would take over if it ever came to actually using them.

Lol

You watch too many holly wood movies

Silly question.

GHQ will not give up nuclear program due to Indian threat and factor.

A group of people who have no morals or principles are capable of doing any thing

I voted No, because the nuclear weapons are a source of national pride.

The Generals would not allow it, no matter how treasonous they are.

I voted No, because the nuclear weapons are a source of national pride.

The Generals would not allow it, no matter how treasonous they are.

Don’t bet on that ..

they cooperated with US with regard to the scam OBL raid and look how much global humiliation an average Pakistani had to put up with

Don’t bet on that ..

they cooperated with US with regard to the scam OBL raid and look how much global humiliation an average Pakistani had to put up with
So what? I don't care if Osama Bin Laden was found in Pakistan, or they claimed it to be. lol.

They may have cooperated on Osama Bin Laden raid, but never on ending Pakistani nukes.

Don’t bet on that ..

I never felt humiliated, lol.

So what? I don't care if Osama Bin Laden was found in Pakistan, or they claimed it to be. lol.

They may have cooperated on Osama Bin Laden raid, but never on ending Pakistani nukes.

بے شرم

The irony & twist is that the US doesn't want Pakistan to lose its nuclear weapons.

After all, they turned a blind eye to its program in the 1980's. They also did not let the issue come up in IMF negotiations. The same IMF which had Sri Lanka reduce size of its military.

Why? While the US may appear to be an ally to India, to use it contain China, it uses Pakistan and its nuclear arsenal to contain India.

Logic says otherwise

When ayub Khan who basically is the founder of pakistani establishment was told about nukes he said we won't get them even if India gets them because uncle sam will be upset (documented in shahab nama)

The nuke program was setup by a politican and most work done by him. Now sure Zia did some work on it too which could simply be an exception since he was a weird guy

So it would be weird if USA tells Pakistan to hand over nukes and we don't ...would go against the expectations

I have this view point for many years that we may not even have nukes and I was bashed for it

I mean India might have been told that hence why they went ahead with air strikes

I tend to vote no.

Even if the Generals would want to sell the Brigadiers, Colonels, Maj Generals won’t let it happen.

Why?

Because they wouldn’t allow the Generals to sell the duck that lays a golden egg. Nukes is the buzz word through which Pakistan extracts funds from IMF/WB.

Well, I understand Pakistan is going through quite an emotional phase. But, if you go through political history, these instances are nothing new. So the questions should be asked to your people, why such things are happening again and again? So if you consider it a mistake, then the next generation should have learned it when it started. People should have revolted when your first political leader was assassinated by the military. Why do your people try to forget those atrocities by your army and keep on empowering them again and again? So, either your people and their mindset just reflect the way the army is behaving since independence and Non-Resident Pakistan/Pakistan PDF posters are wrong or PDF/Non-Resident Pakistanis are right to assume that Pakistan is going for a change.
I can vouch for the fact that non-resident Pakistanis don't have the faintest idea of what's actually happening in Pakistan.
This recent PTI narrative is intra establishment war, there is no revolt, they're just crying about the fact that tyrian's Dad didn't get selected again by the establishment.
I suggest you look at local Anti-establishment movements to guage the actual situation, they're very small and have been violently curbed, especially by PTI govt, whose foreign supporters now inhabit the forum.

Sadly, genuine anti establishment narrative has very little support in Pakistan.

Found this poll on Facebook.

Question reads "If America and the West asked Pakistan's military to finish its nuclear program how would the army respond"

Option 1: they will finish it (75%)
Option 2: they won't finish it (25%)

The replies show just how the mighty have fallen.

Bro Question should be like this if USA n West power offer million of dollar n nationality to PAK top general for ending Nuclear power would they do it ? 100% they would do it.

Back
Top Bottom