What's new

Poland to provide Mig-29 to Ukraine - what should they get as replacement?

Where will they land? Do you think any airfields left in Ukraine?
Plenty. They already came.
Also yesterday one of the best pilots of ukraine Air Force died
His name is Alexander oksachenko

In other news, ghost of kyiv have also been shot down, he’s alive and received a new aircraft

So the EU has offered to pay Bulgaria, Slovakia and Poland for their Russian fighter aircraft to arm Ukraine. They will then use EU funding to replace these aircraft.

Poland operates both F-16's and Mig-29's. Their Mig-29's are likely to be replaced by more F-16's (you'd think).

They're also scheduled to get F-35's. I wondered if Poland would be better off getting the EF2000 rather than the F-35? What do you guys think about how they compare?
These are junk fighters not really working
Kinda useless move

F-35. The deal was even made. https://www.defensenews.com/global/...ks-46-billion-contract-for-f-35-fighter-jets/

The subsidy of planes transferred from Bulgaria and Poland are probably 99% covered by the USA.

Ukraine's existing air force infrastructure and pilot training, maintenance organization are based in accordance with Soviet aircraft. Therefore, the most effective and fastest solution for Ukraine was the transfer of Russian-origin aircrafts from the some NATO air forces, which invested in the transition to western standards and continued its investments.

There must still be operational airfields, because Russia still has not achieved 100% air superiority. However, according to a report yesterday, these new aircraft will be stationed in Poland. In other words, they will enter Ukraine through Polish airspace with the Ukrainian flag. Just as Russian troops entered Ukraine from Belarus for the siege of Kyiv, although Belarus did not directly enter the war.

The fact that the airbase will be in Poland may also mean that there will be hundreds of NATO personnel (and full technical support) at that airbase.

In case of above senario it's possible that aircraft may be flown by NATO pilots instead of Ukrainian ones.

As per reports, the fighter jets will operate from Poland and Ukrainian pilots will use Polish airbases.

Let's see how would Russia react to this. Poland is talking bigger than its mouth, it is possible that Russia hit them with precision strike cruise and ballistic missiles.

Russia have not used it's supersonic and Hypersonic Cruise Missiles yet, and that target will be ideal to use those to send a msg to west.

Russia have not used it's supersonic and Hypersonic Cruise Missiles yet, and that target will be ideal to use those to send a msg to west.

You know, those are not for Ukrainians. There is nothing in entire Ukraine so hardened, or valuable to spend them on.

They are saving them for a bigger fish.

@Oldman1

Umm, seems like it is already happening, my source in the DoD told me last night they are going to send some MQ-1 to Ukraine, well, he did not specifically tell me they were, but when I ask he did not say no (knowing him that mean it is) not sure if that will come with hellfire missile. nor the number.

they are going to send f16 , f22 raptors , predators everything once kyiv is taken .

@Oldman1

Umm, seems like it is already happening, my source in the DoD told me last night they are going to send some MQ-1 to Ukraine, well, he did not specifically tell me they were, but when I ask he did not say no (knowing him that mean it is) not sure if that will come with hellfire missile. nor the number.
Be kind of disappointing to not have weaponry and just recon only when they really need weapons to hit the convoys and they don't have their own that is compatible with Predators. They really need to do it now while the Russian troops are not trained to defend themselves from air attacks. Their air defense systems are either out of fuel and possibly ammo and just sitting there. They are already committed to giving them Javelins and other equipment, sending drones with hellfires not going to change Russia's attitude to interference. Also need to add that Turkey has no qualms sending their own.

Be kind of disappointing to not have weaponry and just recon only when they really need weapons to hit the convoys and they don't have their own that is compatible with Predators. They really need to do it now while the Russian troops are not trained to defend themselves from air attacks. Their air defense systems are either out of fuel and possibly ammo and just sitting there. They are already committed to giving them Javelins and other equipment, sending drones with hellfires not going to change Russia's attitude to interference. Also need to add that Turkey has no qualms sending their own.
Well, I don't know. MQ-1 is an obvious choice though, but will the US willing to partway with the Hellfire? Notice that we don't use MQ-1 anymore, all of the stock are storage stock, especially the CBP drone that was just retired. If we are indeed sending them MQ-1, those ex-CBP drone would probably be what I was thinking of. And those are supposedly to be unarmed (Unless we are using hellfire on illegal?). And I am not sure what status those drone was.

On the other hand, if they are not CBP MQ-1 and ex USAF stock or even CBP one can be revert back to load Hellfire, they can still be supplied by NATO and EU Allies, namely Germany, Poland, UK and Turkey.

I think Ukrainian defence system are in need of resupply, it would be the end of their initial deployment cycle today.

Well, I don't know. MQ-1 is an obvious choice though, but will the US willing to partway with the Hellfire? Notice that we don't use MQ-1 anymore, all of the stock are storage stock, especially the CBP drone that was just retired. If we are indeed sending them MQ-1, those ex-CBP drone would probably be what I was thinking of. And those are supposedly to be unarmed (Unless we are using hellfire on illegal?). And I am not sure what status those drone was.

On the other hand, if they are not CBP MQ-1 and ex USAF stock or even CBP one can be revert back to load Hellfire, they can still be supplied by NATO and EU Allies, namely Germany, Poland, UK and Turkey.

I think Ukrainian defence system are in need of resupply, it would be the end of their initial deployment cycle today.
Well its not like Hellfire is some top secret weapon and they have fired them all over the Middle East and Russians already got their own version of something similar. The Biden Administration are still risk averse on some of these topics. Definitely the Ukrainians will need some resupply of air defense missiles, don't know the status of the air defense platforms.

So the EU has offered to pay Bulgaria, Slovakia and Poland for their Russian fighter aircraft to arm Ukraine. They will then use EU funding to replace these aircraft.

Poland operates both F-16's and Mig-29's. Their Mig-29's are likely to be replaced by more F-16's (you'd think).

They're also scheduled to get F-35's. I wondered if Poland would be better off getting the EF2000 rather than the F-35? What do you guys think about how they compare?
poland isn't providing diddly squat to ukraine. simply just verbal shinanigans for media consumption. there are no airbase or airfields left in ukraine. Russia has complete air superiority and air dominance in the first 2 hours of the invasion. and no, there's no such thing as the so called "ghost of kiev"!🙄

Well its not like Hellfire is some top secret weapon and they have fired them all over the Middle East and Russians already got their own version of something similar. The Biden Administration are still risk averse on some of these topics. Definitely the Ukrainians will need some resupply of air defense missiles, don't know the status of the air defense platforms.
i think it is about availability, better send them off now and reconfig in Europe than try to make it work here and then ship it, by then it will probably too late...

i think it is about availability, better send them off now and reconfig in Europe than try to make it work here and then ship it, by then it will probably too late...
Exactly! This war needs to end quick before the Russians adapt and change tactics and strategy as well as sending in more reinforcements which will lead to more destruction of the cities and its population. They have to wipe out the northern forces that have stall for days now since they reached Kiev, have to be at their limits with no food and fuel. Use all the drones and artillery if possible. I don't know what their inventory is, but I'm betting bombing the convoys even a few vehicles will make the Russian soldiers panic and run.

poland isn't providing diddly squat to ukraine. simply just verbal shinanigans for media consumption. there are no airbase or airfields left in ukraine. Russia has complete air superiority and air dominance in the first 2 hours of the invasion. and no, there's no such thing as the so called "ghost of kiev"!🙄
I am pretty sure there are still airbase and air sortie continue as of yesterday 02-03-2022.

Russia did not attack most of Western Ukraine, the only thing they did is send ballistic missile that way. There are numerous open source video on both side (Both Ukrainian and Russian) showing Ukrainian Drone, Fighter and Helicopter still operating.

Exactly! This war needs to end quick before the Russians adapt and change tactics and strategy as well as sending in more reinforcements which will lead to more destruction of the cities and its population. They have to wipe out the northern forces that have stall for days now since they reached Kiev, have to be at their limits with no food and fuel. Use all the drones and artillery if possible. I don't know what their inventory is, but I'm betting bombing the convoys even a few vehicles will make the Russian soldiers panic and run.
Yes, that's what I would do if I was DoD

Send them NOW, then configure on the way, plenty of missile in Poland, Germany they can send.

They also should send some MQ-8 or other Decoy Drone, I asked but my source in DoD is unexpectedly tight lips...

Back
Top Bottom