What's new

POF - Light Sniper Rifle (LSR 308)

Has they started mass production of this rifle?

@Horus Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life, but do you know how much these sell for? And is POF exporting them or building exclusively for PA?

Army has not adopted LSR so far.
Any reason why?

For LOC type situations, set pieces, I can understand why they would need the best in the world, but for proliferation in the general ranks why not some thing with lesser accuracy/range.

Has POF DMR been adopted?

The correct terminology is ASSEMBLED AT POF. Kits are imported from various international vendors and assembled by POF to develop this rifle

POF sucks at innovation and R&D. The small arms R&D, should be shifted over to NESCOM or DESTO. POF should continue to function as a production workshop. They have not been able to bring out any decent design to life. They keep importing a pic rail here, a bolt action there to try and cook up a product that Army finds low on reliability during hardcore field testing. LSR for example leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
Is there any gun which is produced in house by POF being used by police or army SSG or any other security branch?

Great Gun indeed.
Great efforts indeed.
Great training indeed.
Great Army Indeed.

Any reason why?

For LOC type situations, set pieces, I can understand why they would need the best in the world, but for proliferation in the general ranks why not some thing with lesser accuracy/range.

Has POF DMR been adopted?
AZB DMR is in Service with Different LE units

Last Year POF LSR accuracy at 800 meters
View attachment 532197 View attachment 532198

Accuracy is around 0.5 MOA ....Moreover rifle has proven its worth, while competing with top notch rifles of the world i.e M24, Dolphine, Remington 700, SSG 69, Acc Int, Surgeon etc

That looks like 1 MOA precision at 800 meters i.e. 9 inch diameter group. For 0.5 MOA all shots would need to be contained in a circle of 4.5 inch diameter, doesnt look 4.5 inch circle.

I guess that's what @Horus means when he says LSR leaves a lot to be desired especially if they are assembled from imported kits. The cost would not justify the performance.

Is there any gun which is produced in house by POF being used by police or army SSG or any other security branch?
G-3 is used y all branches of military.
PK-5 is used by LE agencies.
AZB DMR is used by LE units.
as far as I know.

SOFs, Regulars and Rangers RAT use original H&K MP-5s.

So, I got some exclusive images for you today along with an accuracy test of POF's LSR-308 Sniper Rifle. These rifles are now made at POF.

Looking nice'n dirty.

View attachment 532186

Fresh out of the oven.

View attachment 532184

Rubber meets the road.

View attachment 532185

Azb DMR/Semi vs LSR 308 Bolt Action.

View attachment 532187

I want all of them.

View attachment 532193

Bulls Eye!

View attachment 532192 View attachment 532191 View attachment 532190 View attachment 532188
why don't they explore 6.5 cr and/or 6.5prc better ballistics performance?

POF sucks at innovation and R&D. The small arms R&D, should be shifted over to NESCOM or DESTO. POF should continue to function as a production workshop. They have not been able to bring out any decent design to life. They keep importing a pic rail here, a bold action there to try and cook up a product that Army finds low on reliability during hardcore field testing. LSR for example leaves a lot to be desired.
here is the thing as our Hazrat @Zarvan reported that PA took the entire assembly line of RPA Internationals Sniper rifles line and now RPA don't make military rifles. Steel Core another British Sniper Rifle maker is mostly used by Pakistan too maybe it will be bought out as well!

so why not produce these already tested weapons instead of toying with LSR!

here is the thing as our Hazrat @Zarvan reported that PA took the entire assembly line of RPA Internationals Sniper rifles line and now RPA don't make military rifles. Steel Core another British Sniper Rifle maker is mostly used by Pakistan too maybe it will be bought out as well!

so why not produce these already tested weapons instead of toying with LSR!

Assembly and IP are two different things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom