What's new

Featured PNS Tabuk has been commissioned in Pakistan Navy

I am aware of general weapon/sensor configuration but don't know the exact type.
Guns will likely be sourced from Turkey, including majority of sensors.

Thing to ponder is (I) the type of AShMs, (II) ASW capability, and (III) UAV (rotary wing)

Armament on Yarmook Class.
  • 2 × triple STWS-1 torpedo launchers (for Mk 46 LWTs)
  • 2 × 4-cell Mk 141 launchers (for Harpoon SSMs) or 1 × 6-cell LY-60N SAM launcher
  • Luna UAVs acquired from Germany are already deployed on board.
AShM, SAM and ASW launchers were recovered from decommissioned Tariq Class.
Main gun will be different from previous ones.

All modules can be removed in case if not required as per mission and can be replaced providing flexibility on the platform.

Last edited:
When PN is going to place a follow-up order of another 2 or 4 of these ships?

Also, heard about the negotiation between PN and Romanian Shipyard of a possible acquisition of Some 2 Corvettes from the same Ship Yard.

If anyone knows, please elaborate on both topics.

Long Live Pakistan. :pakistan:

Armament on Yarmook Class.
  • 2 × triple STWS-1 torpedo launchers (for Mk 46 LWTs)
  • 2 × 4-cell Mk 141 launchers (for Harpoon SSMs) or 1 × 6-cell LY-60N SAM launcher
  • Luna UAVs acquired from Germany are already deployed on board.
AShM, SAM and ASW launchers were recovered from decommissioned Tariq Class.
Main gun will be different from previous ones.

All modules can be removed in case if not required as per mission and can be replaced providing flexibility on the platform.

That is extremely good solution and cost effective they have just recovered all the weapons from Tariq class and plan to place it on Yarmouk class. a commercial design OPV with frigate punch..

Very very cost effective although i do not think that 6-cell LY-60N SAM launcher would be placed on them.

Somebody has done an honest to God and sincere effort to modernised PN.

That is extremely good solution and cost effective they have just recovered all the weapons from Tariq class and plan to place it on Yarmouk class. a commercial design OPV with frigate punch..

Very very cost effective although i do not think that 6-cell LY-60N SAM launcher would be placed on them.

Somebody has done an honest to God and sincere effort to modernised PN.
It seems there is no space for anti air missiles however, ssm could be transferred as well as phlanx cows system. Not sure where to place torpedo tubes ?

A good helicopter like seaking will just do it

It seems there is no space for anti air missiles however, ssm could be transferred as well as phlanx cows system. Not sure where to place torpedo tubes ?

A good helicopter like seaking will just do it

Be very surprised if a Sea King class of copter would fit on the deck

Pakistan navy just needs to keep shipping lanes open and to counter blockade which it will be able to with the ships we have .just 3 or 4 submarines out on the offensive for pakistan will keep indian navy second guessing.pakistan navy needs 4 type 55 destroyers to take the attack to india .

Reference from recent history:
How can we translate this event?

I'm sure PN might be negotiating over another 2 or might have already ordered these 2 Ships already.

I have heard that PN is negotiating 4 Type-52Ds from China.

The ship has been named after a Middle Eastern place which has significant value as far as Islamic literature is concerned.

By using same logic,
Your name is 'Imran', and it was name of a prophet from Middle East.

The nomenclature is not bound by lines drawn on map.
We love and respect our beloved prophet pbuh. However our troops and weapons should have our names. We have an identity crisis. Arabs generally do not see us their equal. We need to be Muslims but Pakistani's as well. Our language is urdu. Our food is different. Our culture is different

Who cares its PNS Yarmook or PNS Cheecho ki Maliyan?

It's a warship. It will do its work without giving a damn about what does nationalists or islamists believe.

Let's stop being a naive and focus on matters which actually matter.

Additional 6 ships of heavier type per cns

Could theses be damen options or version of it

IMG_4889.JPG

Back
Top Bottom