What's new

PNS Shamsheer and PNS Nasr visit Qingdao, China

petervivian

New Recruit

Reaction score
July 19, 2011, PNS Shamsheer and PNS Nasr visit Qingdao, China. It is the second time that Pakistan navy vessels visit Qingdao.

Open the picture in new tab to view it in full size (2400*1600)

252v.jpg

31170548.jpg

[Picture: (Photographer) Cui, Copyright/2011]

I see that they have embarked a Sea King on PNS Nasr for this trip. I wonder why? It would be waste of a dedicated ASW/AShM platform to be used as utility/liasion helo which woul have hard time trying to land on F22p.

Two Pakistan Navy Ships arrive in China

QINGDAO, July 19(APP): A warm welcome was accorded to two Chinese built Pakistan Navy ships, PNS Shamsher and PNS Nasr when they arrived at Qingdao naval port Tuesday morning.The ships were received by a large group of Peoples Liberation Army (PLA)Navy officers, officials of the Pakistan Embassy as well as general public including local school children and media personnel.The reception team of PLA Navy was headed by Rear Admiral Sun, Deputy Commander North Sea Fleet. Chief of Staff of Pakistan Navy, Vice Admiral Asif Sandila was also present on the occasion.

Later, Pakistan Navy delegation also met North Sea Fleet Commander, Vice Admiral Tian Zhong and Mayor of Qingdao, Xia Geng. The delegation also visited PLA Navy ships, submarines and training units.
Qingdao, the capital of Shandong province, is a major seaport, naval base,and industrial centre of eastern China.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Two Pakistan Navy Ships arrive in China

I see that they have embarked a Sea King on PNS Nasr for this trip. I wonder why? It would be waste of a dedicated ASW/AShM platform to be used as utility/liasion helo which woul have hard time trying to land on F22p.

seaking is multi-role - main is ASW but can be used for SAR, transport. used in the flood relief efforts in 2010

U6449P27T1D657621F3DT20110719150855.jpg

Welcome to Pakistan 'Nasser' supply ship into port (Wang Songqi photo)

U6449P27T1D657621F26DT20110719150855.jpg

Pakistan 'Sharm Sher' frigate into port (Wang Songqi photo)

U6449P27T1D657621F318DT20110719150855.jpg

U6449P27T1D657621F319DT20110719150855.jpg

Pakistani Army Deputy Chief of Staff, met with Asif `Sang Dila Tanaka, commander of the North Sea Fleet (Wang Songqi photo) Qingdao, China military networks, July 19 (Xinhua Wang Songqi Zhang Gang) the morning of July 19, by the Pakistan Navy 'Sharm Sher' missile frigate (hull number FFG-252) and 'Se Naer' comprehensive supply ship (hull No. A-47) composed of ships, the Pakistani Army led by 默罕默德阿 Rudy De Zhunjiang arrived in Qingdao, a four-day goodwill visit. Sunde Zhong, deputy commander of the North Sea Fleet, presided over the pier grand welcome ceremony, the initial arrival of the Pakistani Army Deputy Chief of Staff, Green pulled 阿西夫桑迪 will attend the ceremony. After the ceremony, senior officers were met with Pakistan's North Sea Fleet commander Tanaka and Zhang Hui, vice mayor of Qingdao Municipal Government.
This year is the 60th anniversary of Sino-Pakistani diplomatic relations and 'China-Pakistan friendship year', the Pakistani ships have visited Qingdao, a series of celebrations in the four-day goodwill visit, will visit Pakistan Fang Guanbing Navy Navy ships and submarines College, visit the Qingdao Beer Museum, the Olympic Sailing Center, Laoshan Mountain and other attractions, and sports with my sailors held friendly activities. After the departure end of the visit, China and Pakistan will hold joint naval exercises.

It is understood that the visit of two Pakistani warships built by China, which 'Sena Er' comprehensive supply ship was in April 2009 to Qingdao to attend the 60th anniversary of the navy multi-national naval activities.

Back
Top Bottom