What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

Thus far it's 4.

That said, four of the six patrol boats the PSMA had ordered seem to be derived from the Azmat-class FAC design.
This has been what i have been saying all along. Why change the design when it is a good one. Incidentally is the 1500 ton craft an off shoot of the 056?
A

In today Dawn 29th december there is design of new fast attack missile craft being designed by maritime complex technologies complex and steel cutting ceremony has been performed at KSEW. Can anyone provide further detail into the project.

South Korea too

But question is would they and on terms Pakistan could afford. Rather than the whole system, I would take subsystems like the K-SAAM quadpacked missile on a Turkish vessel (may be more affordable).

But question is would they and on terms Pakistan could afford. Rather than the whole system, I would take subsystems like the K-SAAM quadpacked missile on a Turkish vessel (may be more affordable).
The main issue with the K-SAAM - assuming ROK agrees to sell (plausible) - is that we have no idea of how strong they'll be in the face of pressure to cut off after sale support or stock replenishment. We have some background on the ability or willingness of the French, Italians and British to work through pressure or issues: We know the British are bad and the French and Italians are OK, though the Italians are willing to push it a little further to "good." One way to get around this issue would be to get the after sale and replenishment element via ToT (for localized shelf life restoration) and large missile stocks.

Pakistan, I think, has gotten the message that it needs to look out for number one, especially when dealing with countries not named China, Turkey, and even KSA (oil and $$ support). These are the only nations that routinely have maintained strong relations with Pakistan despite poor economy or issues regarding nukes. That being said, I think when it comes to S. Korean weapons, Pakistan can maintain large stockpiles or even pursue local manufacturing though ToT. Seekers (if there is a downward turn in relations) can come from numerous sources if necessary, but manufacturing the actual missile and its foldable parts (for quad pack) will be a huge step forward or Pakistan's R&D community.

Pakistan, I think, has gotten the message that it needs to look out for number one, especially when dealing with countries not named China, Turkey, and even KSA (oil and $$ support). These are the only nations that routinely have maintained strong relations with Pakistan despite poor economy or issues regarding nukes. That being said, I think when it comes to S. Korean weapons, Pakistan can maintain large stockpiles or even pursue local manufacturing though ToT. Seekers (if there is a downward turn in relations) can come from numerous sources if necessary, but manufacturing the actual missile and its foldable parts (for quad pack) will be a huge step forward or Pakistan's R&D community.
Agreed. Pakistan really needs to build competency in rocket technology, especially considering the large number of vital applications the technology core has on land, sea, and air. How that happens, e.g. collaboration with South Africa, China, and/or South Korea, can be determined in time, but a plan actually needs to be in place. I'd focus on two areas: rockets and micro air-breathing propulsion (for cruise missiles).

Why wouldn't they?

Why wouldn't they?

Depending on the situation, they could face significant diplomatic pressure from India and US, but more likely the main reason Pakistan may not acquire vessels from the is cost. While it doesnt hurt to investigate, they may not be as amenable to extend credit lines to PN that China and Turkey may be. I would still pursue the K-SAAM over everything other than CAMM given its quad-packability.

Depending on the situation, they could face significant diplomatic pressure from India and US, but more likely the main reason Pakistan may not acquire vessels from the is cost. While it doesnt hurt to investigate, they may not be as amenable to extend credit lines to PN that China and Turkey may be. I would still pursue the K-SAAM over everything other than CAMM given its quad-packability.
Like RoK lets itself be pressured by India. US? Maybe. But in the area of defence industry, there is significant cooperation with European firm, even Russia. RoK is no US puppet in this respect, see sale to e.g. Indonesia, Philippines..

If PN goes for Turkish FAC-55 then Type-22 FAC from China will be dropped or both fulfill different roles?

Unclear. The type022s would be 2nd as they arent in production anymore, so they may be very cheap.

Back
Top Bottom