What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

i would say the figure for FACs is right, and 12 subs should be enough. retire frigates and instead use more corvettes(they would be smaller and faster and so hard to detect)

plans for just 4 corvettes so it's unfair to expect more than 6……:coffee:

i am also retiring the frigates :azn: you did not notice that

PN planns still on 15 or atleast having 12 frigates.
The british subs retired would be replaced by OPH class while F-22 and F-23Ps are new toys.

The british subs retired would be replaced by OPH class while F-22 and F-23Ps are new toys.

I think no more OPHs are coming. And OPH is not very worthy as it has no modern weapons.
And what is f23p? Do you have its specs?

I think no more OPHs are coming. And OPH is not very worthy as it has no modern weapons.

back in IDEAS 2012 there were PN orders of upgraded F-22 varient blieved to be called F-23P
having some structural improvements,E/W improvements,air defence improvements & sub warfare capability improvements…:coffee:
OHP is pretty capable for the role you are having it and what you are paying for it and I hope PN get 2 of those in 2014.
and turkish upgrade on OHP can make them deadly.

OHP is pretty capable for the role you are having it and what you are paying for it and I hope PN get 2 of those in 2014.
and turkish upgrade on OHP can make them deadly.

Deadly with what?
It has no weapons. No harpoons no modern weapons.

Deadly with what?

Compare it with what it is being replaced.
The British Type 0 something……
It is much deadly then current British ships PN is operating……
And Turkey is upgrading OHP we can also take help from them to uograde these to carry modern European sencors E/W suits & Weaponary i.e Harpoon……:cheers:

In short Azmat is not being produced in the right manner like it should have multi purpose capability like with:
CIWS proper one
50/57m.m Main Gun
2x 4-Cell AShMs
2x 3-Cell Torpedoes
2x Fast RIBs Class boat.

and if we have designed it with Chinese help in Pakistan having 700 Tons in weight; then we cannot only produce it but also market it as well in Muslim and other Friendly Countries too.

I am sure that PN might require 16 of these in total and in 15 years time to.

Deadly with what?

Though removal of the Mk13 launcher eliminates the use of Harpoon and SM1 missiles, the OHP still has up to date Phalanx CIWS, 76mm DP compact naval gun, 2x3 TR ASW, 2 ASW heli's. It's sensors in most cases are better than those on e.g. Tpe 21 used by PN. It should be easy to mount a bunch of Harpoon or equivalent missile on racks on the superstructure (see how Taiwanese have added HF-2 and HF-3 to their OHPs). Park a RAM or similar Chinese system and you have functional SAM capability.

Though removal of the Mk13 launcher eliminates the use of Harpoon and SM1 missiles, the OHP still has up to date Phalanx CIWS, 76mm DP compact naval gun, 2x3 TR ASW, 2 ASW heli's. It's sensors in most cases are better than those on e.g. Tpe 21 used by PN. It should be easy to mount a bunch of Harpoon or equivalent missile on racks on the superstructure (see how Taiwanese have added HF-2 and HF-3 to their OHPs). Park a RAM or similar Chinese system and you have functional SAM capability.

Would they allow us to put chinese or indeginous weapons?

some naval officers told me that one of the type 21s has been retired, and is just rusting at the dockyard, its weapons will be placed on the OHP instead.

Why not, there are non-western HMGs fitted fitted, it is operating Z-9s ... see Taiwan (HS2 and HS3 installed, plus 2x single 40mm)

some naval officers told me that one of the type 21s has been retired, and is just rusting at the dockyard, its weapons will be placed on the OHP instead.

That is to be expected, the Type 21s are old!

Depending on which Type 21, that could mean installation of a set of Harpoon launchers plus Phalanx, or LY90 plus some cannon. (i'm inclined towards the former set)

Depending on which Type 21, that could mean installation of a set of Harpoon launchers plus Phalanx, or LY90 plus some cannon. (i'm inclined towards the former set)

pns badr is the one that has been retired.

Back
Top Bottom