What's new

PN mini-submarine fleet

Is the Navy buying from STM a submarine design? Has this contract been signed?

In the hospital most of the time.
From what I can see, STM only submitted a design proposal in 2019. So, if anything, the Navy would actually need to evaluate this and other options.

Is the Navy buying from STM a submarine design? Has this contract been signed?
In the hospital most of the time.

Sorry to hear this, we have all learnt so much from you. I wish we could push a simple solution in terms of a simple armed UUV that is expendable and can attack Mumbai port during war, and other nearby ports.

Sorry to hear this, we have all learnt so much from you. I wish we could push a simple solution in terms of a simple armed UUV that is expendable and can attack Mumbai port during war, and other nearby ports.
I think part of the requirement is inserting SOF deep into enemy territory. The other side is laying mines, but if they opt for torpedo tubes as well (for HWTs & AShM), you can have an impressive A2/AD asset too. Basically, mask it in the acoustic noise of shallow waters, the adjacent coastline becomes a no-go for intruding naval systems.

I think part of the requirement is inserting SOF deep into enemy territory. The other side is laying mines, but if they opt for torpedo tubes as well (for HWTs & AShM), you can have an impressive A2/AD asset too. Basically, mask it in the acoustic noise of shallow waters, the adjacent coastline becomes a no-go for intruding naval systems.

BUT this is a somewhat different issue. You see, Pak has never been successful in using SOF in war to any meaningful advantage. And creating a defensive no go area can be done in so many ways.
We are forever stuck thinking defensively. We choke like the South African cricket team whenever push comes to shove.

There is a clear possibility for building a low cost system that will cause mayhem on Indian ports and naval installations, but instead we want to do something silly like buy an expensive submarine from Italy, put SOF in them and send them to India... Or sit like a fool in its own waters to deny access to the Indians.
Our whole mindset is wrong. It is that of a country that is unsure of itself. Has no ideology.

67828556_2285517061543716_8949641801006841856_n.jpg

BUT this is a somewhat different issue. You see, Pak has never been successful in using SOF in war to any meaningful advantage. And creating a defensive no go area can be done in so many ways.
We are forever stuck thinking defensively. We choke like the South African cricket team whenever push comes to shove.

There is a clear possibility for building a low cost system that will cause mayhem on Indian ports and naval installations, but instead we want to do something silly like buy an expensive submarine from Italy, put SOF in them and send them to India... Or sit like a fool in its own waters to deny access to the Indians.
Our whole mindset is wrong. It is that of a country that is unsure of itself. Has no ideology.
tsk bro, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan doesn't sing to UUVs (sorry, bad joke, I know).

Absolutely it can carry a nuclear warhead too.

Sorry for ignorance but can we make kind of sucide submarines

A UUV would essentially be an armed suicide submarine that doesn't have people in it. We can easily make it, and would be incredibly effective, but some are too dumb and too arrogant to see the light of this.

Result? right now if the IN attacked, we would be in very bad shape.

A UUV would essentially be an armed suicide submarine that doesn't have people in it. We can easily make it, and would be incredibly effective, but some are too dumb and too arrogant to see the light of this.

Result? right now if the IN attacked, we would be in very bad shape.
UUV tech is yet to mature.

Back
Top Bottom