What's new

PMLN and the Amritsari Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
PMLN was race baiting during the zaman park thing, that's why its an ethnic nationalist party.
people voted em for economic development over PPP, not for ethnic reasons
People switched and support IK for the same reason- economic development, if down the line PTI plays ethnic crap
people won't mind (but won't support em for this reason alone) as long as economic conditions for people are improving

its money at the end of the day

What are you saying? All parties are Indian parties. PTI, PML (N), PPP, MQM, etc. Your laadla (Imran Khan) also is our asset.

Actually army is the best bet currently for Pakistan. They are the ones most and fiercely patriotic.

I don't know why all PDF members are pretending otherwise. Probably because all of you are members of political parties.

@Mangus Ortus Novem
As bad as these parties are and you may label them as corrupt, liars, feudal lords, poor economic policies etc, these issues are of domestic nature like every country including India. But when it comes to national interests, particularly against India, they are all united. It was PPP which initiated the nuclear program, PML-N which gave approval for the tests despite being sanctioned internationally. Even for arguments sake if we assume the Army had the power of decision making, it doesn't change the fact that these parties initiated policies that were of anti- India nature. BUT MQM like I said is the only political party in Pakistan which was and still is under certain circumstances directly under the influence of RAW working against the interests of Pakistan and military operations have been conducted against them.

Last edited:
As Urdu speakers (Indians) came, they started this whole religious division thing starting with Maududi of Jamaat e Islami at the helm inspiring a whole generation including even Zia ul Haq. Moreover, as they migrated to Sindh they took control over bureaucracy forcing Ayub Khan to shift the capital to Islamabad. who probably made the best decision. As MQM (muhajir quomi movement) came into limelight as a terrorist organization backed by India's RAW, Karachi became even more shittier. I will not generalize to say all Urdu speakers are bad but if people are going to diss East Punjabis, who btw are part of the Indus civilization, sons of the soil, why can't we bring up Urdu speakers who continue not to blend in within our society, disrespecting Sindhi culture. If you view Sindhi nationalism from the perspective of an average man, it is rightfully justified.

PTI and PPP can work together to send these Indians and their kin back to India. There should be an operation Northern light to reclaim Karachi and Hyderabad.

PTI and PPP can work together to send these Indians and their kin back to India. There should be an operation Northern light to reclaim Karachi and Hyderabad.
I won't comment on that part but I'll say this though, no one likes Biharis and UPians even in India. They are the poorest states in India and often violence prone, whether people are muslims or hindus.

Last edited:
I won't comment on that part but I'll say this though, no one likes Biharis and UPians even in India. They are the poorest states in India and often violence prone, whether people are muslims or hindus.

Their religion should be of no concern or value. Maybe PTI donors like you can bring more awareness in this regard.

Their religion should be of no concern or value. Maybe PTI donors like you can bring more awareness in this regard.
I'm not a PTI donor or for that matter a donor of any political party. I speak for the rights of people whose livelihood, culture and values have been exploited and taken for granted.

I'm not a PTI donor or for that matter a donor of any political party. I speak for the rights of people whose livelihood, culture and values have been exploited and taken for granted.

You can raise the voice to make the cultural genocide be held accountable. Subjugation of local culture via conniving refugees.

people voted em for economic development over PPP, not for ethnic reasons
People switched and support IK for the same reason- economic development, if down the line PTI plays ethnic crap
people won't mind (but won't support em for this reason alone) as long as economic conditions for people are improving

its money at the end of the day

What track record does PMLN have in regards to economic development?

30 years of political experience and all they have to show for it is some clown Ishaq Dar begging to every nation on earth for money.

Khuda da Khof kar yar

30 years of political experience and all they have to show for it is some clown Ishaq Dar begging to every nation on earth for money.

Khuda da Khof kar yar
Dude they were trash in terms of their economic policies but were great salesmen - the whole Pakistan becoming Asian tiger thing

PPP never talked about economic policies, for PMLn economy and relgion was a core part of it's election campaigns (just like PTI currently)

Punjab kept choosing PMLN simply because they had no better alternative/substitute

And now when they have (in form of IK/PTI), an overwhelming majority of Punjabis has rallied behind the nation-centric PTI

Khuda da Khof kar yar
I do not support PML-N in regards to their political policies namely the structure of leadership and other mismanagements within the party but credit must be given where it's due. In the history of Pakistan there was no party and even today no party out there which has developed country's basic infrastructure or has the policies to take the country towards development. There is a reason Punjab is more developed compared to Sind, KP and Balochistan and managing a province which houses one of the world's biggest population of the world is not an easy task. There is a massive list of projects in Punjab which will require another thread so lets leave at that.

Now let's come to federal government. People say they have been around forever in the federal government but that is simply not true. In reality it was 10 years of which Nawaz Sharif served for 8 years (1992-1994), (1997-1999), (2013-2017).

Here is what was accomplished by NS lead federal government:

Between 1992-1994:

Karachi's airport was constructed making it single largest airport in the country. Until 2013 no party maintained it. When N came back to power it was renovated. Likewise, Lahore airport was planned to be bigger but when Q league came they reduced the size and allowed defence housing societies and askaris to be built around.

Between 1997-1999:

Despite turbulent times wherein nuclear tests were conducted and international sanctions were looming and the Kargil conflict was ongoing, and the country in the midst of military takeover, infrastructure projects like Islamabad-Lahore Motorway was constructed. It is a role model motorway making way for other motorway projects in the country to be of that standard.

Between 2013-2017:

In 2013 the country faced a power deficit of 5,500 MW and its industrial and urban sectors were facing 12 hours load shedding, while the rural areas faced 14 hours power outage leading to low industrial output, higher unemployment and loss of economic growth. By 2018, 11,000 MW electricity was added on national grid upon completion of coal, wind, solar, hydel projects

1,800+ Km of Motorway and Highway network was built to connect northern and southern provinces and a fiber optic cable with a length of 820 km between China and Pakistan was built.

Gwadar finally became a functional port and development occurred at an alarming pace.

On Dec 31st, 2015, PM NS became the first PM to launch the country's first National Health Program initially starting with 15 district with a budget of Rs. 9 billion (p.s IK basically took this project and labelled it as his own with another name)

Influenced by N-league's initiatives in Punjab, the federal gov of N league constructed Metro bus projects in Pindi-Islamabad and Karachi. PTI which criticized these public welfare projects itself followed Punjab's model of making one in Peshawar.

Never in the history of this country and in such a short span of time the country received so much FDI and created millions of direct and indirect jobs and It's a major feat to accomplish all that despite simultaneously initiating a military operation against TTP, BLA & MQM. and withstanding Imran Khan's 126 days of Dharna in Islamabad and countless others throughout the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom