What's new

PMA medical criteria

Hassan Mujtaba

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Aoa everyone I'm a new member here, found this forum quite helpful with alot of stuff. I aiming to apply in the upcoming PMA long Crouse. Just had some queries regarding the final medical. Is hyper mobility of joints can declare u unfit for long course? Like my fingers r a bit flexible and my knees seem to be a bit hypermobile, I don't have knee knock or anything but I heard from someone that it can cause a problem, if it's true then help will he appreciated by all. And if there r any other relevant medical concerns that r not common in rejection from lc but still happen then please let us know abt that too. Thank you.

Hey there, so I recently went through the Final Medical process and I wasn't checked for Hyper mobility of joints specifically by the General Surgeon. Although I do remember the Medical Officer at AS&RC Lahore examining my hands quite closely but I don't think he was searching for Hyper mobility of joints. Dis qualifiers include Knee Knocking (excessive, they let slight ones pass after close examination), excessive Carrying Angle (can be improved through exercises, don't know exactly which ones, check YouTube), a condition of the Genitals called Variocele (can be cured through Surgery), excessive Elbow extension, Hepatitis B or C (no Appeal allowed), HIV, Flat Feet (flexible flat feet is allowed depending on severity), foot bunions, excessive Knee Extension.

For minor issues like being overweight (underweight isn't a problem apparently) and Chest size (expansion of 5 cm is must tho) they do give time for you to improve so they aren't really dis qualifiers as such. So yeah I don't think Hyper mobility of joints will be a problem. Hope that clears up some doubts, don't think I forgot anything but will reply if I remember anything else. Good luck!

Hey there, so I recently went through the Final Medical process and I wasn't checked for Hyper mobility of joints specifically by the General Surgeon. Although I do remember the Medical Officer at AS&RC Lahore examining my hands quite closely but I don't think he was searching for Hyper mobility of joints. Dis qualifiers include Knee Knocking (excessive, they let slight ones pass after close examination), excessive Carrying Angle (can be improved through exercises, don't know exactly which ones, check YouTube), a condition of the Genitals called Variocele (can be cured through Surgery), excessive Elbow extension, Hepatitis B or C (no Appeal allowed), HIV, Flat Feet (flexible flat feet is allowed depending on severity), foot bunions, excessive Knee Extension.

For minor issues like being overweight (underweight isn't a problem apparently) and Chest size (expansion of 5 cm is must tho) they do give time for you to improve so they aren't really dis qualifiers as such. So yeah I don't think Hyper mobility of joints will be a problem. Hope that clears up some doubts, don't think I forgot anything but will reply if I remember anything else. Good luck!
Will pectus carinatum cause issues?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom