What's new

PM Yousuf Raza Gillani to American Anchor: Why don't Pakistani Youth leave Pakistan? Who's stopping them?

People are not coming out on roads to protest.
True. I'd actually attend an apolitical protest (I was a regular attendee of the PTI protests in ISB/LHR). We Pakistani's aren't sure of our rights and it's sad to see people wouldn't galvanize behind a cause that concerns national interests.

Surprised by PTI..government ..offered deputy chairman Senate to JUI ....as per geo news...never thought of this ......

True. I'd actually attend an apolitical protest (I was a regular attendee of the PTI protests in ISB/LHR). We Pakistani's aren't sure of our rights and it's sad to see people wouldn't galvanize behind a cause that concerns national interests.

So you were there when capital of a nuclear state was under lockdown while terrorists took out little kids?

How do you cope with this psychologically?

People are not coming out on roads to protest.
People are not coming out period. Why?
They are not starving, “their” family is still thriving in whatever financial stature niche they are in - so at the end there is no real impetus for change.

People asking for “Bolshevik” revolution in Pakistan or French ones need to understand the starvation and bitter cold that led to deaths in the streets. Nor did they have the 70’s cyclone in East Pakistan that were poorly managed.

To be fair, he does make a good point about due process for settling any complaints about the election. Any accusations need to be proven by due process, by either side.

1615359697298.png

Good luck getting the law to side with the wronged with Pakistan's archaic laws and sold out judiciary.

So you were there when capital of a nuclear state was under lockdown while terrorists took out little kids?

How do you cope with this psychologically?
You'd have to ask Shri Nawaj that question as to how terrorists attacked an army school of said nuclear state.

He was pretty jolly about it.

Last edited:
@Cliftonite

That's one of the reasons I keep talking about IMs. They were the permanent hostages for our 'sacrifice.'

Wasnt it foreseen by our beloved Qaid (RA) himself? He said " In order to liberate 7 crores of Muslims where they were in a majority I am willing to perform the last ceremony of martyrdom if necessary and let two crores of Muslims be smashed."

In some ways, his prophecy and vision is being enacted and ModiGee is executing his will, isnt it?

Regards

Good luck getting the law to side with the wronged with Pakistan's archaic laws and sold out judiciary.

That is all the more reason to improve due process, not to avoid it. There can be no real progress unless such personality based ad hocism is replaced by a steadily improving due process that establishes rule of law for everyone, fairly. May be avoiding any real change is an intended goal? I suspect so.

That is all the more reason to improve due process, not to avoid it. There can be no real progress unless such personality based ad hocism is replaced by a steadily improving due process that establishes rule of law for everyone, fairly. May be avoiding any real change is an intended goal? I suspect so.

Which would be great except that you have sell outs in place who blatantly disregard facts and misinterpret the law to ensure a certain party to the case is obliged. I shouldn't be the one to remind you that the courts sentenced Bhutto to death after "due process".

If Pakistan isn't getting its due process sorted out after 70 years of upheaval, maybe it is time for a "forced" change.

If Pakistan isn't getting its due process sorted out after 70 years of upheaval, maybe it is time for a "forced" change.

That is precisely why I said that the lack of a proper due process (including Zia's murder of Bhutto) should be accepted as an intended goal of the system. There will be no substantive change, forced or otherwise. A pity, really, but that is likely the reality.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom