What's new

PM Shehbaz Sharif inaugurated the first four-line interconnected Islamabad Metro Bus Service

we have to go on buses these bastards in helicopters, jets, shogun, land cruisers. nah fcuk green i want mustang mr shareef.

Ya Allah Noon League say Pakistan ki jaan bakshi kar dey Ameen.

Hum say kiya gunah ho gaya hai jo hum par yeh kanjar baar baar hakumat karney ajaatey hain.

This wasn't IK's plan, it was CDA's...specifically someone within the planning department.

Let me see if I can find a news article as well, but I am 120% sure this plan was in the works way before this new government came.

That's the thing, Imran Khan doesn't do mayor level works unlike Mr Showbaz, jis nay har gutter ka bhi iftitah karna hota hai. He actually leaves things to the officers of the department, which is principally good, and the proper way, but practically has hurdles in Pakistan's bureaucratic system.

Ji bilkul.

1657693980860.png

Niyyat theek ho to news trace ho jati hai ;)

This board meeting was held on Apr 22, Shahbaz Sharif was sworn in on Apr 11, and cabinet came waayyy after that.

But I can say with certainty this project was in the works within CDA since last year.

Or do you mean to tell me Shahbaz Sharif ordered the CDA to come up with a completely new proposal within 10 days and approve it from the board, allocate funds, order the busses, get them constructed in China, get them delivered, and have the stations ready? Idhr aik 8 foot ki gali ki sarak kay liay 3 maheenay lag jatay hain bhai...

You are right the planning was started for this 24-km project way back in 2014, it was to be completed in 3 phases, first two phases were completed till 2018 and last one of 2-km stretch from Koral to Rawat was supposed to be completed till 2019. Tenders were issued in 2017, funds were issued in April 2018, PTI shelved this project and restarted in 2020 the cost was doubled by that time, the project on Rs. 10.5 billion was ballooned to 19 billion by 2019-20

1657695869417.png

1657696984615.png

No mention of Blue or green Lines in these news too. It was taken up by CDA after "regime change".

A bus service?

Wow

Amazing 👏

You know in most developed nations, this is the job of local government right? Not the actual prime minister of a nation of 200 million.

Example of the UK:

Local government deals with local infrastructure. Your local council will be involved.

PM deal with larger projects such as high speed national rail links. In essence, a prime minister of a nation of 200 million should have more important things to deal with than a bus service....something that some countries have have had for almost 100 years

Back
Top Bottom