What's new

PM Shehbaz Sharif inaugurated the first four-line interconnected Islamabad Metro Bus Service

muhammadhafeezmalik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

PM Shehbaz Sharif inaugurated the first four-line interconnected Islamabad metro bus service, terming the step a big relief for commuters of the twin cities dealing with high fuel prices.

- Green-Blue lines of the mass transit Metro Bus Service Islamabad
- Islamabad is the first city in the country with four bus lines operating &vowed to expand in the capital’s sector areas at a stretch of 8-9 KM
- The Command & Control Centre will be completed in six months
- The Blue Line is from PIMS to Coral. There are 13 bus stops within a distance of 20 km. These buses will run at intervals of 8 minutes from 6 am to 10 pm.
- The Green Line is from Bara Kahu to PIMS. There are 8 bus stops in this distance of 15.5 km. These buses will run at intervals of 15 minutes from 6 am to 10 pm. A shuttle bus service was also launched from Bara Kahu Bazaar to facilitate the suburbs
- PM Shehbaz Sharif announced to free transportation service to commuters for one month.

1657185444788.png

1657185469011.png

1657185490315.png

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif was the pioneer of mass transit system in Pakistan. PM Shehbaz Sharif has inaugurated first Islamabad bus service from Bhara Kahu to PIMS (Green Line) and from Koral to PIMS (Blue Line): Information Minister
Marriyum Aurangzeb

1657185598160.png

Green Line and Blue Line service (Pindi Islamabad Metro) from PIMS will be merged into Red Line Metro. From Faiz Ahmed Faiz Bus Stop, passengers can travel from Orange Line to the airport

1657185746734.png

1657185669942.png

Last edited:

PM Shehbaz Sharif inaugurated the first four-line interconnected Islamabad metro bus service, terming the step a big relief for commuters of the twin cities dealing with high fuel prices.

- Islamabad is the first city in the country with four bus lines operating &vowed to expand in the capital’s sector areas at a stretch of 8-9 KM
- PM Shehbaz Sharif announced to free transportation service to commuters for one month.

View attachment 859721
View attachment 859722

View attachment 859723

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif was the pioneer of mass transit system in Pakistan. PM Shehbaz Sharif has inaugurated first Islamabad bus service from Bhara Kahu to PIMS (Green Line) and from Koral to PIMS (Blue Line): Information Minister
Marriyum Aurangzeb

View attachment 859724

Green Line and Blue Line service (Pindi Islamabad Metro) from PIMS will be merged into Red Line Metro. From Faiz Ahmed Faiz Bus Stop, passengers can travel from Orange Line to the airport

View attachment 859726

View attachment 859725

Great, need more of these in every city of Pakistan, will reduce the reliance on imported fuels if expanded to all cities.

Great, need more of these in every city of Pakistan, will reduce the reliance on imported fuels if expanded to all cities.

PTI wilfully neglected to provide proper public transport. PML-N has ensured that people have access to progress. Robust infrastructure, roads, better public transport.

View attachment 859721
View attachment 859722

View attachment 859723

Marriyum Aurangzeb

View attachment 859724

View attachment 859726

View attachment 859725

Economy going downwards
Exports going downwards
Industry going down
Inflation going up
CAD worsening

Lekin "the great administrator" sahb is busy in Numaishi projects as always.

Lmao you think replacing commercial with these will save feul ? You will have to put almost same amount of feul unless the busses are electric.

PTI wilfully neglected to provide proper public transport. PML-N has ensured that people have access to progress. Robust infrastructure, roads, better public transport.
PTI worked on core issues like Exports and Healthcare. Numaishi Transport Projects shouldn't be our priority.

Getting rid of loans and increasing our exports should be.

And all this done in last two-three months??

View attachment 859749

Meri jan kay totay, these projects were approved for and in progress by CDA since a year.

Or do you mean to tell me that Shahbaz Sharif govt floated a tender for the buses, signed the contract, got the buses constructed, delivered from China on ship to Karachi and then to Islamabad, and made the stations just within 3 months? If you really believe that, then kia keh saktay hain.

Just with the orange line airport metro, this project is being hurried for no reason at all. Just look at the makeshift 'ticket counter'. They brought a desk from CDA office, attached a laptop and printer and bas khana puri kay liay laga dia. You actually think that's how tickets are going to be given for the bus in service?

Airport metro buses do not actually line up with the platform, because they are not of the same height. The metro is not connected to the old metro, you have to walk quite a distance to change buses. The bus is an intercity bus, not an airport transfer bus (which have room for luggage). Moreover, CDA is running into a loss because of this shenanigan. Their own buses, which were actually earmarked for this route are stuck in customs or somewhere, while the PTA buses are being used on rent.

Kabhi to yar in Shobazian say agay dekh lia karo keh kis qism kay choonay lag rahay hain. Khuda kay wastay.

What's next? Shobaz will say that he got the F-8 interchange constructed? Or Rawal dam chowk? Or IJP rehabilitated? Or expressway? Or Aabpara interchange?

Meri jan kay totay, these projects were approved for and in progress by CDA since a year.

Or do you mean to tell me that Shahbaz Sharif govt floated a tender for the buses, signed the contract, got the buses constructed, delivered from China on ship to Karachi and then to Islamabad, and made the stations just within 3 months? If you really believe that, then kia keh saktay hain.

Just with the orange line airport metro, this project is being hurried for no reason at all. Just look at the makeshift 'ticket counter'. They brought a desk from CDA office, attached a laptop and printer and bas khana puri kay liay laga dia. You actually think that's how tickets are going to be given for the bus in service?

Airport metro buses do not actually line up with the platform, because they are not of the same height. The metro is not connected to the old metro, you have to walk quite a distance to change buses. The bus is an intercity bus, not an airport transfer bus (which have room for luggage). Moreover, CDA is running into a loss because of this shenanigan. Their own buses, which were actually earmarked for this route are stuck in customs or somewhere, while the PTA buses are being used on rent.

Kabhi to yar in Shobazian say agay dekh lia karo keh kis qism kay choonay lag rahay hain. Khuda kay wastay.

What's next? Shobaz will say that he got the F-8 interchange constructed? Or Rawal dam chowk? Or IJP rehabilitated? Or expressway? Or Aabpara interchange?

Ustad Ji

Aadaab,

I couldn't trace a news about these lines prior to May 18, 2022

I would love to correct myself if you could share a news article that it was actually envision by the great visionary leader Imran Khan.

Last edited:
Ustad Ji

Aadaab,

I would love to correct myself if you could share a news article that it was actually envision by the great visionary leader Imran Khan.

This wasn't IK's plan, it was CDA's...specifically someone within the planning department.

Let me see if I can find a news article as well, but I am 120% sure this plan was in the works way before this new government came.

That's the thing, Imran Khan doesn't do mayor level works unlike Mr Showbaz, jis nay har gutter ka bhi iftitah karna hota hai. He actually leaves things to the officers of the department, which is principally good, and the proper way, but practically has hurdles in Pakistan's bureaucratic system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Niyyat theek ho to news trace ho jati hai ;)

This board meeting was held on Apr 22, Shahbaz Sharif was sworn in on Apr 11, and cabinet came waayyy after that.

But I can say with certainty this project was in the works within CDA since last year.

Or do you mean to tell me Shahbaz Sharif ordered the CDA to come up with a completely new proposal within 10 days and approve it from the board, allocate funds, order the busses, get them constructed in China, get them delivered, and have the stations ready? Idhr aik 8 foot ki gali ki sarak kay liay 3 maheenay lag jatay hain bhai...

I am not aware of the details, so I'll stay away from commenting on the subject, but you are claiming That Manufacturer had the right amount of busses ready and painted specific colors sitting on their lot ready to be shipped just waiting for Great visionaries PML_N to steal the Government?

Back
Top Bottom