What's new

PM Shehbaz directs reinstatement of BISP beneficiaries expelled from programme by PTI govt

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

PM Shehbaz directs reinstatement of BISP beneficiaries expelled from programme by PTI govt

APP
April 27, 2022

Federal Minister for Poverty Alleviation Shazia Atta Marri holds a meeting with Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday. — Picture via APP

Federal Minister for Poverty Alleviation Shazia Atta Marri holds a meeting with Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday issued directives for the reinstatement of "eligible persons" that were removed from the beneficiary list of the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) by the PTI-led government.

The premier issued these directives during a meeting with Federal Minister for Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety, Shazia Marri.

The previous government had in December 2019 removed 820,165 names from the BISP database, describing the beneficiaries as “undeserving”. It was later also revealed by the PTI government that out of over 800,000 beneficiaries removed from the programme, more than 140,000 were those who either themselves or whose spouses were government employees.

The changes in the BISP database were made in the wake of reservations expressed by some PTI cabinet members that the supporters of opposition parties, especially those backing the PPP, were benefiting from the programme, while those belonging to the PTI were being ignored.

The BISP was launched in July 2008.

During the meeting today, PM Shehbaz welcomed a proposal from Marri to devise a procedure for making an appeal for the re-inclusion of those expelled from the BISP.

He was also briefed by the minister on the proposed procedure of the appeal.

Marri appreciated the prime minister for announcing assistance for the deserving people of Balochistan under the BISP and offering scholarships to students, besides extending financial support to the parents of female students.

The reason these people are so shameless, and feel they can do anything with impunity is because they know they have the protection of the judiciary, and the establishment.

For the longest time I was convinced that the establishment acted in the best interest of the country. But after the events of the last few months, I now see that they are also compromised. Not because they have any love for the Sharifs and Zardaris - but because they are beholden to external actors, and those external actors need and use the Sharifs and Zardaris as they fit.

1651073779384.png

Political bribery back in action:

Shazia Atta Marri has been repeatedly posting to include possibly 8+ lac ineligibles ones back into this support program.
She mentioned some filters that PTI had put in place to eliminate ineligible ones.

"NADRA identified 820,165 beneficiaries falling under one or more of the above parameters; assistance to them was immediately blocked."

Truly needy are those who cannot afford basic necessities of life.

Correct me if my math is wrong, With Rs.5000/mo to those 850,126 (updated number) ineligible reinstated, we are looking at Rs.51,007,560,000/year (51 billion).
I don't know what's the latest monthly payout!

She said those filters were unjustified:
Though these filters seem totally legit. She even think those who can fly abroad were also needy etc.
(source)(source-2) (source-3)
1651083298865.png

1651075246653.png

1651075112846.png

1651075379893.png

This bribery is exactly how they gather fake support:

While they said about langar khana:

(source)
1651075472078.png

Next episode of political bribery to Election Commission:

(source)
1651136700126.png

(source)
1651136753087.png

Last edited:
Political bribery back in action:

Shazia Atta Marri has been repeatedly posting to include all 8+ lac ineligibles ones back into this support program.
She mentioned some filters that PTI had put in place to eliminate ineligible ones.

"NADRA identified 820,165 beneficiaries falling under one or more of the above parameters; assistance to them was immediately blocked."

Truly needy are those who cannot afford basic necessities of life.

Correct me if my math is wrong, With Rs.5000/mo to those 850,126 (updated number) ineligible reinstated, we are looking at Rs.51,007,560,000/year (51 billion).
I don't know what's the latest monthly payout!

She said those filters were unjustified:
Though these filters seem totally legit. She even think those who can fly abroad were also needy etc.
(source)(source-2) (source-3)
View attachment 838480

View attachment 838444
View attachment 838440

View attachment 838447

This bribery is exactly how they gather fake support:

While they said about langar khana:

(source)
View attachment 838449

She had to pay her Botox injections every day.

Maybe her name is in the list of eligible people.

BISP beneficiaries are their voters they may not be deserving, all of them. this program was actually for same purpose.

even during previous govt era when deserving people were given cash during COVID and later to women, in Sind, officials were disbursing said cash by fixing BISP banners on centers.

Not good for the economy. You need to reduce subsidies wherever possible and only provide it to the weakest section of society.

Spending on non deserving people will mean no benefit, and more needs for external funding. It will make financial situation worse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom