What's new

Featured PM launches health insurance scheme for Azad Kashmir

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
5fdd7ebd2e5cb.png

PM Khan said the present government was striving to make the country a true Islamic welfare state in line with the vision of Riasat-i-Madina and as per the Objective Resolution adopted by the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan in 1949.

“Instead of claims of making the country an Asian tiger or turning Lahore into Paris, we are striving to make Pakistan an Islamic welfare state as per the Objective Resolution,” he added.

Mr Khan said that 1.2 million people in AJK would benefit from the health insurance and would be entitled to avail free treatment from 350 government and private hospitals across Pakistan.

He said this insurance scheme was first launched by the previous government of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, adding that six million people in Punjab were being provided with the health insurance facility, and the provincial government was striving to extend it to the entire province by the end of 2021.

The prime minister said the vision of a welfare state, which was introduced by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), was aimed at looking after the poor and providing basic facilities to all.

He also referred to the welfare model of Scandinavian countries, including Denmark, Sweden and Norway, whose governments were bound to provide all basic facilities to their citizens.

“It is my faith that when you take care of the people, especially the poor, Allah Almighty increases your resources,” he said. This is why welfare states are richer, he added.

Prime Minister Khan recounted how he struggled for 10 years to set up Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital where patients were being provided free treatment for the last 25 years.

He said he had thought of launching a system similar to the current health insurance scheme while struggling for the cancer hospital.

“When I entered politics, I thought if I got a chance to serve the country, I will introduce a health scheme where people would be able to get free medical treatment,” he added.

PM meets economic team
Prime Minister Khan on Friday ordered that immediate steps be taken to pass on the benefits of the improving economy to the common man.

Presiding over a high-level meeting of his economic team, Mr Khan said the government’s business-friendly policies were now bearing fruit.

“Our economy is coming on track again due to the efforts of the government and the world is acknowledging Pakistan’s economic achievements amid Covid-19 crisis,” he added.

Mr Khan expressed his satisfaction over the increase in remittances from abroad and their maintenance at the level of $2 billion per month and said the growth of large-scale industry, record performance of the construction industry and increasing exports of the textile sector were some of the achievements of the government.

He said loans to the youth and the construction sector on easy terms by banks would further strengthen the economy.

The prime minister also stressed the need for promoting small and medium enterprises to improve economic indicators which were already on a positive trend.

Charity from the pockets of others and is it sustainable?

Health Insurance scheme for all KP citizens will cost KP government only Rs 10 billion.

Yes . It is sustainable when subsidy for Orange line metro is Rs 5.62 billion

What about the citizens of Punjab? and does it cover medicine as well?
Orange line is made expensive by Imran Khan, if he had not done sabotage it's cost would be 1/4... so there as well, what ever subsidy should be charged to PTI, RAW and IRGC.

People of a certain age only rely on religious rhetoric which they never applied in their lives.

The hypocrisy of this fact will bring wrath of God

How is Punjab government meddling in Balochistan and when someone asks them to give relief to Sindh, they bring out the 18th amendment and contort their identity.

Should we expect more wrath of God than Imran Khan?

Yes.

In his attempt to become the 4th horsemen, Niazi would bring more to Pakistan.

The real 4th horseman will reveal himself after Niazi is done with Pakistan.

adding that six million people in Punjab were being provided with the health insurance facility, and the provincial government was striving to extend it to the entire province by the end of 2021.

Your remaining post was just bull$hit. So won't even try to drop myself to the level where I am discussing Orange line metro with a certified PMLN supporter.

Here's the thing that pmln types just don't get.

Khan is TRYING TO IMPROVE THE COUNTRY.

Another thing - he's trying to do it, WITHOUT TAKING KICKBACKS FOR HIM OR HIS RELATIVES.

I'm not surprised some folks on the thread are bemused by these alien concepts. It's unheard of in Pakistan that a politician will behave like this.

Charity from the pockets of others and is it sustainable?

What charity? Tax money will support this healthcare scheme. That's how it is supposed to work--taxes paid by the people put to use for welfare of people.

Orange line is made expensive by Imran Khan, if he had not done sabotage it's cost would be 1/4... so there as well, what ever subsidy should be charged to PTI, RAW and IRGC.

Wow.

Another thing - he's trying to do it, WITHOUT TAKING KICKBACKS FOR HIM OR HIS RELATIVES.

I'm not surprised some folks on the thread are bemused by these alien concepts. It's unheard of in Pakistan that a politician will behave like this.

Brother, its certainly not that people don't know that IK is doing good. From what I have seen on social media and PDF--there are mainly three types of anti-IK people out there; first are the plain and simple paid shills. Personally know a guy getting paid to write shit online. Second are people with the tendency to project their personal problems on to the world and IK/current Gov is an easy target for them. Third are the 0.1% people of this crowd who actually believe that they have some better solution. First two categories are mostly found on Twitter, which I believe is a cancerous platform.

PML-N be like IK not rewarding Samdhi for running country into the ground WTF?

According to one of my friend who had been working in this project with Chinese, this project would cost us 60 million rupees loss if we don't run this project and and 25 million rupees loss if we run it on daily basis.

Your remaining post was just bull$hit. So won't even try to drop myself to the level where I am discussing Orange line metro with a certified PMLN supporter.

Low level are those who start accusing people as patwari and PMLN, when they loose argument and only you have this license.

In fact, all those who thought orange line is a dream should feel ashamed, every time they see orange line or any metro.

I would not feel jealous, if current ruling clergy beat PMLN in performance ON GROUND, but i have no good words for their verbal promises, and mega corruptions.

If development of Pakistan was any criteria, than PMLN beat all popular political parties hands down.

Yes.

In his attempt to become the 4th horsemen, Niazi would bring more to Pakistan.

The real 4th horseman will reveal himself after Niazi is done with Pakistan.

Do you expect, we stop evaluating Nazi before end of his term?

Tell me where is the sense in debating PMLN or accusing Saudis, as an argument to their own failures and corruption scandals.

When PMLN was busy building mega projects, Nazi promised the nation that he will uncover mega corruptions in all of PMLN projects.... it's natural to ask for delivery!
Instead nazi followers are attempting to steer us away from those promises, with new twists and trolls.

I'm in no position to know, but this health card system doesn't make much sense in given environment, i feel it's another one of mega bogus projects like benazir income support.

Last edited:
According to one of my friend who had been working in this project with Chinese, this project would cost us 60 million rupees loss if we don't run this project and and 25 million rupees loss if we run it on daily basis.

Where's the calculation?

However In my common sense calculation, this project is a money making and money saving machine provided it's running.

May i tell you something what my friend told me about delays in M5 opening.... PTI demanded bribes of valued hundreds of billion rupees, from the company who built M5, in exchange for accepting it.
NHA staff had clear directions from Murad Saeed, not to sign until political leadership give nod, and eventually it happened in same way.....in process Pakistan lost millions daily but no one in Pakistan seems to care of that waste, neither NAB neither any state institution, neither any secretary of state.

One of my friend told me story of M6... but may be PTI manage to build it at lower cost and better quality than PMLN... so i will not state that story now, until M6 built but we are loosing daily in delay of that project.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom