What's new

PM Imran Khan announces mega development package worth Rs370bn for Gilgit-Baltistan

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
GILGIT: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday announced a five-year mega development package of Rs370 billion for Gilgit-Baltistan during his day-long visit to the region.

Announcing the main features of the development package at a ceremony in Gilgit on Friday, the prime minister said it is the first time that such a huge amount will be used for the development of this picturesque and strategically located region.

The uplift package consisted of hydel projects, new roads and Babusar Tunnel, scholarships and skills training for the youth of the region, upgradation of health and education facilities, water and sanitation schemes, promotion of SMEs and expansion of airports, particularly the Skardu Airport, to cater to international flights.

He said the PTI-led government will also support the development of small and medium enterprises in the area besides focusing on the expansion of its infrastructure.

He said efforts will also be made to enable Gilgit Airport to host international flights.

Highlighting the immense and diverse tourism potential of Gilgit-Baltistan, the prime minister said this development package will prepare the region to attract tourists which will benefit not only the locals but the whole country.

“By exploiting GB's tourism potential we will make it self-reliant.”

PM Imran, however, emphasised the need for the promotion of tourism in a planned manner to cultivate its true benefits. “The tourism in the region should not affect the forests and mountains.”

‘I am a democrat’
Taking a jibe at the Opposition, the prime minister said previously, Pakistan's rulers went to London for holidays as they are unaware of the true potential of this area.

While reaffirming his commitment to transform the country by waging a successful struggle against the corrupt mafia, PM Imran said it is the first time that this mafia is being brought under the ambit of the law.

The prime minister said that being a democrat, he could support any dictator.

“Some people come to power to benefit their families and after achieving that, these people transfer money out of the country. Those who steal money and send it abroad, do double harm to Pakistan," he said.

The prime minister admitted that he had also made many mistakes in the past when it came to awarding tickets for elections.

“I have made many mistakes in giving tickets in the past and often think about these. But the CM [Khalid Khurshid] is the right choice.”

He said NAB has been around for the past 20 years, but the anti-graft institution initiated operations against the powerful during the PTI-led government and has laid hands on the powerful in the country.

“Whenever we win, we will bring the powerful under the law," he said.

Only Pakistan can call a 2.5 Billion dollar over 5 year for a province a "Mega" developmental package.

Only Pakistan can call a 2.5 Billion dollar over 5 year for a province a "Mega" developmental package.
According to the Oxford Handbook of Megaproject Management, "Megaprojects are large-scale, complex ventures that typically cost $1 billion or more, take many years to develop and build, involve multiple public and private stakeholders, are transformational, and impact millions of people - Flyvbjerg, Bent (2017). The Oxford Handbook of Megaproject Management. Oxford University Press. p. 2. ISBN 978-0198732242.

However Indians like you always have to shit to prove they are total shit.

Indians are coming out of their covid-19 hell hole... hiding earlier.

GB province population is just 3 million, BTW.

Supa rich India can't understand it.
However Indians like you always have to shit to prove they are total shit.

This is still a mystery, stranger than fiction, why do many indians always try their best to prove they are lowlife and degenerates.

Babusar Tunnel
I foretold of this back in 2006 when I couldn't grow facial hair. It was also proposed under PMLN. I hope it gets built this time.

PM Imran, however, emphasised the need for the promotion of tourism in a planned manner to cultivate its true benefits. “The tourism in the region should not affect the forests and mountains.”
And how do you exactly "plan" to do that, Mr. Prime Minister? Has Zulfi Bukhari been actually working on anything?

Let's hope these projects being announced see adequate funding, I have serious doubts given the last two budgets.

GB government is working on it.

No, the GB government is not working on anything. Please show me any evidence you might have. It runs on pittance, it cannot do anything. Tourism falls within the center's realm of responsibilities. Would be nice if the "SAPM/Chairman PTDC" could come up with anything related to tourism except for more unintelligent rhetoric.

You know, if we did not fabricate excuses out of thin for our favorite politicians things might actually get done.

Indians are coming out of their covid-19 hell hole... hiding earlier.

GB province population is just 3 million, BTW.

Supa rich India can't understand it.

This is still a mystery, stranger than fiction, why do many indians always try their best to prove they are lowlife and degenerates.

Actually I think Gilgit Baltistan total population is 2 million not 3 million.
This province has a population of only 3 million. So 2.5 billion for 3 million people.

2 million actually. So 2.5 billion for 2 million.

Do you know how many toilets you can build in India for 2.5 billion dollar? The average toilet in India costs 270 dollars to construct. So for 2.5 billion dollar you can build 9259259 toilets in a Indian province. 9 million toilets in a single province of India would definitely be a mega development package.

Haha
This song truly encompasses the state of Gilgit-baltistan.
70 years of straight up exploitation by dozens of leaders

No, the GB government is not working on anything. Please show me any evidence you might have. It runs on pittance, it cannot do anything. Tourism falls within the center's realm of responsibilities. Would be nice if the "SAPM/Chairman PTDC" could come up with anything related to tourism except for more unintelligent rhetoric.

You know, if we did not fabricate excuses out of thin for our favorite politicians things might actually get done.

Why do the central government plan to make GB into a human zoo for some ghostly tourists that may weather a pandemic era?

Back
Top Bottom