What's new

PM Hun Sen asks UN for help against Vietnam

PHNOM PENH—
Cambodian and Vietnamese officials are meeting in Phnom Penh over border issues this week, but on the second of three days, no final decisions were made Wednesday.

Officials are meeting at the Council of Ministers building in Phnom Penh, to discuss last month’s violent clashes along the border, as well as Vietnam’s alleged construction of roads, ponds and a military outpost in contentious border areas.

Vietnamese Deputy Foreign Minister Ho Xuan Son led the Vietnamese team, meeting with Var Kimhong, chairman of the Cambodian Government Border Committee, who told reporters Wednesday no agreements had been made in the negotiations.

Supporters for the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party say Cambodia is not using the proper maps to discuss border issues, and Prime Minister Hun Sen has requested maps from the UN that were deposited there by late King Norodom Sihanouk in 1964.

Rescue Party lawmaker Real Camerin has invited Var Kimhong to the border area in Svay Rieng province where he and others were involved in an altercation with Vietnamese border personnel last month. Real Camerin had been leading a delegation there to investigate more reports of border encroachment.

Var Kimhong told reporters Wednesday he had “no duty” to go there. “I am working for the government, the executive branch, and he is working for the legislative. He can visit if he wants. No one will bother to stop him.”

Real Camerin said he had wanted to show Var Kimhong that the clash had taken place inside Cambodian territory. “If he thought of this as in the national interest, he should not refuse,” Real Camerin said.

Cambodia, Vietnam Meet Over Border Concerns

In politics/geo politics, might is right. Im with vietnam on this one. It does what is in its interests, even if that means invading parts of cambodia like in 1979 and putting its agents in cambodia, so what?? I normal, i see nothing wrong in that. China has itself to blame for being weak and not being able to stop 'small ' vietnam invade/influence cambodia'laos and submekong region(@NiceGuy).:rofl: It will be like the U.S being outdone in its own immediate neigbourhood like mexico/canada by a small country like say cuba. :bounce:

So i dont blame vietnam at all, keep doing your thing. Thats politics for you. im even surprised to see small poor vietbnam havibg such influence in this region. Well done.:enjoy:
Yeah, weak CN is just a joke to us , they only can stop VN when US daddy is on their side like in 1979. But now, daddy US dont like them any more, so how can they stop VN to unify sub-Mekong region again.

pls Note that we just build a big tank center in battambang province, its only abt 300km from Bangkok of Thailand :pop:

anh3_OAIW.jpg

anh2_YWDQ.jpg

Battambang.8.gif

well, could anyone tell me what happen? do viet take too much drug and have delusion that they are the super power again?

well, could anyone tell me what happen? do viet take too much drug and have delusion that they are the super power again?
Ah Q 'spiritual victory' cant help CN to look stronger, dude. We are (VN) the only True Boss in Laos-Kam, we have a big tank center in Battambang-just 300km from BangKok now . Corrupted PLA is just a joke and could not stop our expansion since 1979. Times for CNese Ah Q to wake up, dude :pop:

Ah Q 'spiritual victory' cant help CN to look stronger, dude. We are (VN) the only True Boss in Laos-Kam, we have a big tank center in Battambang-just 300km from BangKok now . Corrupted PLA is just a joke and could not stop our expansion since 1979. Times for CNese Ah Q to wake up, dude :pop:
you just take too much drug boy

My Mikey friend if that is the case, don't cry over what we are doing in South China Sea. Why are your son, Uncle Sam, are crying about it? Not to mention their puppets are unhappy with what we did? I thought this so called "Might is right" don't apply equally or what? LOL

Our 'SON'(as u call it.lol) isnt crying about anything. Its simply playing geo political games and protecting its interests like very other big power/country out there will do/does. You think if China was in the same position as the U.S of being the worlds sole superpower with military bases/allies scattered close to its biggest long term rival, you think China wouldnt do the same thing?? lool . So dont expect the U.S or any other country in its place to act differently. Even your so called 'ally' Russia if it was as powerful as the U.S or as its was during its U.S.S.R heydays, do you think it wont get even more involved in SCS disputes to dissuade you from being dominant there like it did during the cold war? lol Every country/power will always try to undermine an upcoming competitor or one they see as even remotely being a threat to them. So its nothing personal with China(like some of you people might think.lool).

The U.S is simply trying to dissuade China from taking control/parolling the region, but without engaging in a direct war, since we all know its impossible, as the stakes are simply too high and arent worth it to be honest. So i dont see what you mean by crying. In fact it should be the other way round. Since its not like China is in a position of strength towards the U.S in the region, nor does China has any military counter presence even remotely close to U.S shores like the U.S does with China(in fact China is basically encricled by U.S forces/bases in the region). IF ANYTHING ITS CHINA WHO SHOULD BE CRYING/BE WORRIED. Since you dont have anything at all to threaten the U.S nor to prevent the U.S from dominating not just its coastal/maritime area in the americas,Middle east,Africa, but even in Asia.:bounce::agree:

As for CHINA, YES OF COURSE, i have said it before on here, i dont see anything wrong in China asserting its influence in the region or even seizing islands/disputed territories from its neighbours(if it can/has the capabilities to do so after all diplomstic means fail), its normal for a growing power. Neither do i have anything against China using your MIGHT is right.lol Every country should/does what it thinks best protects its interest, doesnt matter whether its right or wrong, moral or immoral etc, as far as your objectives are met thats what matters.:agree:

Russia knows/plays this game quite well. China is still learning, since its kind of new to the game(and is not yet a secure power). In fact if Rusia was in Chinas shoes, there would be absolutely no DISPUTE AT ALL in this region, as Russia would have long taken all these islands/disputed territories and made it part of its country long time ago.:rofl: You have to give it to Moscow they are quite good at seizing land/territories and using their might when need be.:lol::enjoy:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom